Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-20-2005, 01:21 PM   #1
drummerboy256

drummerboy256 is on a distinguished road
Default Aggies

There any Aggie football fans out there? I can't wait for this next season...plus their top recruits for this year were from my high school, so maybe in a couple years they can help restore the Wrecking Crew to what it once was.

drummerboy256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Aggies

The will be respectable but they are not going anywhere in terms of national spotlight with UT and OU in the Big 12 South w them.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Aggies

Screw the Aggies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Tech's got a powder puff non-conference schedule. And then they get OU and A&M at home.

A&M will probably be #4 in the south this year.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #5
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm a SEC guy, but I honestly think that aTm will win the South this year. I could be WAY wrong, but UT always chokes. OU has no proven QB. Tech is a flash in the pan. If Aggie can get by Baylor, they could find themselves in the Champtionship game.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:00 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
If Aggie can get by Baylor, they could find themselves in the Champtionship game.
I really enjoyed this part....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 08:58 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Aggies. Going to school to learn how to plant a seed.

Hook em'.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:27 PM   #8
drummerboy256

very funny, i'm actually lookin forward to goin to a&m next year, majoring in sports management......TAKE OVER DONNIE'S JOB! haha
i dunno about winning the south, but i will be at the baylor game

Old 08-25-2005, 10:06 PM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I am a student at tech. However i want all the texas teams to do well outside of playing tech. I have always been a ut fan so i want them to do well. there is no way that you can say that texas isnt the class of the big 12 this year. They will beat oklahoma. it is a fact. Speaking of college football i would like to congratulate ou on signing Corey Brandon. He will be good. Also to my buddy Louis Vazquez who has had a good spring here at tech. I started at center with louis at tackle for two years. I blocked corey when he was on the scout team quite a bit. Glad to see corsicana get a couple of d1 guys. Also jay finley signed with baylor. I didnt play with him and dont know him as well but all corsicana guys will get my support. Hehe The fastest man in the nfl is from corsicana.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 06:50 AM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Aggies. Going to school to learn how to plant a seed.
Plant a seed, feed the world, and defend it from bad dudes.

Gig 'em

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:48 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

35-34.

Sic 'em.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:38 PM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
35-34.

Sic 'em.
Dang that's cold.......even for August............ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 08-26-2005, 03:19 PM   #13
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
35-34.

Sic 'em.
Very exciting. That made two division 1A wins in 2004.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:20 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Sorry dalm....couldn't resist....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

scoreboard doobs.....scoreboard.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:25 PM   #15
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Sorry dalm....couldn't resist....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

You went to Baylor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

scoreboard Doc.....scoreboard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:26 PM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Sorry dalm....couldn't resist....
No worries, I'll be glad to dig this back up...... soon. Hey, it was hot out there anyway........

Old 08-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:

You went to Baylor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

scoreboard Doc.....scoreboard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Hurts doesn't it doobs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2005, 10:31 PM   #18
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Aggies against SMU made me really look forward to A&M vs Balor.......

Gig 'em

Old 09-17-2005, 10:58 PM   #19
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I left with 6 to go in the 4th but we had rolled up 80 on the bearcats. No its not impressive because its the bearcats but 80? Damn thats alot of points. Tech will beat A&M. The game is here. We are a better team. We will win. Texas is the only game we should lose. That is crazy we COULD end up in a bcs game. Not likely but we could.
PS. OU is terrible this year. They will be lucky to win 6 games and be bowl eligible. Tech will score over 40 against them. I thought after game 1 maybe it was a fluke and they would still win 8 or so games. Stoops is way overrated as a coach. Most people think he is at least the second best coach in the country and he isnt close.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:01 AM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

so if stoops isnt a top coach, who is?

mike leach?

[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:38 AM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

Better coaches then stoops =
Pete Carrol
Jeff Tedford
Urban Meyer
Steve Spurrier
Frank Beamer
Jim Tressel (though he coached horribly against Texas)
Kirk Ferentz
Bobby Petrino
Mark Richt

There are some more that I would put dead even with him including....
Mack Brown. Leach is right there too. Stoops is a great coach he just isnt the coach that he is made out to be by the media. By that I mean he isnt top 5 much less the best or second best as he is made out to be.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:07 AM   #22
yukmunky

yukmunky is on a distinguished road

yukmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:08 AM   #23
yukmunky

yukmunky is on a distinguished road

In football, a head coach is so often only as good as his supporting cast. Steve Spurrier was very good without Stoops, but won his only national title with Stoops as his DC. Stoops has been great over the years, but has steadily seen his coaching staff raided. This includes his brother who left for Arizona, Mike Leach, and Mangino who is now at KU. For the first time in a very long time, Stoops does not have a QB on his team who was picked by Mike Leach and he does not have Mangino to continue coaching the spread offense that Leach installed. Stoops no longer has his brother to run the defense either, who I thought was a kind of Belichek to Stoop's Parcells.
yukmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:59 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Tech making 80 scares me.

The Ags looked damn good agaisnt SMU. (Where is DeusDooDoo this week anyways? Bad water?)

The Bears are 3-0 and will be taking this week off to play the Ags next week. That rest combined with our win last year virtually guarantees a win. At least for one of the teams. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Seriously....this one could get ugly. I'll guess early the Ags win 38-17. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2005, 10:29 PM   #25
Five-ofan
Guru

I have a couple of friends that go to Baylor but baylor will be lucky if its only 38-17. Im thinkin more like 56-6. Oh yeah and btw if tech wanted to they could have scored 100. I was at the game and I wanted to slap a couple of the other tech students in the back of the head. Were up I think 73-14 and we try a long field goal on 4th and 14 and theyre screaming go for it. Then the kicker missed and they start griping. Then when we ran the ball the next time we had it and theyre like stop running the football. Im sitting there talkin to a friend whos never been much of a football fan and he said do people always gripe about the offense when they score 80. I said no im pretty sure thats the first time its happened in history. There was a shsu fan sitting in the student section and he was getting made fun of a good deal, Partially by me. He took it well though and no one was mean. I like our black uniforms better than the red but the red is cool too.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:48 AM   #26
dalmations202
Diamond Member

The Aggies didn't look so good against Texas State, but they came away with a victory, and have a long week to prepare for Baylor.............

Old 09-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #27
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

ROLLER!!!!! Back 2 Back threes
yeah baby
Old 09-24-2005, 04:10 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
The Aggies didn't look so good against Texas State, but they came away with a victory, and have a long week to prepare for Baylor.............
They will need every minute of that long week. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 09:38 PM   #29
drummerboy256

i'm so ready for that game, i got a press box pass to meet everybody in the athletics dept. saturday

Old 09-27-2005, 10:41 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

I'm glad to hear that FoxSW picked up the game. [img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #31
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Aggies will take it, a win's a win, a win.

Thank you A&M at least you didn't lose to the Bears this year.....It is scary how well the Bears play A&M every year.

At least I don't have to listen to Doc say "scoreboard" any more..... LOL

Old 10-01-2005, 04:55 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

LOL dalm....it was a very good college football game. I think we should have won but we didn't capitalize in the red zone. Your aggies came through when it mattered. Congrats. I guess I'll have to officially put the 35-34 card in the closet.

Good win.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #33
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Thank you my friend, thank you.

I thought I was eatin' crow, and listening to "scoreboard" with everything I wrote for the next year.

Great Game.

Old 10-01-2005, 05:00 PM   #34
Drbio
Banned

You need to come visit next season when the game is back on Holy ground. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 11:44 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Ags at Colorado next week dalm. Your thoughts?
Old 10-02-2005, 08:02 AM   #36
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ags at Colorado next week dalm. Your thoughts?
The Ags go as McNeal goes, and lately he has been extrememly inconsistent. The Ags pass defense hasn't been spectacular either.

Best guess, Colorado goes up big, Ags fight back, but Colorado wins it late.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:17 AM   #37
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I know he signed an extension, and I know he said this is his last stop...

But if this thing goes south in a hurry - will Fran bug out? Get run out?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:39 AM   #38
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
I know he signed an extension, and I know he said this is his last stop...

But if this thing goes south in a hurry - will Fran bug out? Get run out?
Fran was a 2nd-tier replacement in the first place. He'll be run out quicker than you can type 6-6
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:16 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

I do like FrancheeMOANee at all. To me the Aggies were at least palatable when they had Coach R.C. Slocum. That was a respectful man who was a fine football coach. I still hated the Aggies but at least he made you respect them. Francheemoanee just sucks the ability for me to respect them anymore. It's sad to me that the Aggies have lost some of the Slocum luster.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:06 AM   #40
dalmations202
Diamond Member

I think Fran is on a short list, by the way the players are playing. It wouldn't surprise me that if they start a losing streak, and lose to Texas this year, that Fran is gone. If they somehow beat Texas, then they would keep him another year at least regardless of record.

If not, I expect them to search the professional ranks for a "Chan Gailey" type coach to come in next time. A coach that has been a cooridinator in the Superbowl, or something along those lines.