Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #1
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default who wants to take a ride in the Cadillac?

how bout it, y'all? I guess all the talk about Caddy not being enough or strong enough to carry the load in the NFL is finally moot.

27 carries for 148 yards. also, congrats Cedric! 10 big ones!
Old 09-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: who wants to take a ride in the Cadillac?

...as long as we're handing out accolades let's not forget workout warrior Ronnie Brown and his 2.2 yards per carry...

...maybe Tampa can trade for him and he can get back to the role he's comfortable in...backing up Williams and getting 5 or 10 carries a game...
Old 09-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to the kid, but let's not award him all pro status or anything. It's week one where studs are goats and noones have good games. Let's see how he does over the next few weeks. Best of luck to him though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:who wants to take a ride in the Cadillac?

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
how bout it, y'all? I guess all the talk about Caddy not being enough or strong enough to carry the load in the NFL is finally moot.

Yeah but lets also remember that 70+ came on one run... So he had 26 carries for like 73 yards... Doesn't look thread-starting-worthy anymore does it?

But I KNEW that you would start this... I would have bet the money I won on UTs victory, (yes, the team of our two favorites that is 2-0), that you would have. You are awfully good at rubbing salt in wounds when you get the chance regarding Auburn football and their players.

Eh well... When Auburn loses AGAIN this year, (and they definitely will lose to LSU or Georgia and likely both), please re-visit the AUBURN IS SO AWESOME THREAD because I know I will!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
endtroducing
Golden Member

Carnell had the 8th biggest day rushing the ball in Tampa Bay history (30 years).

Carnell had the 5th longest touchdown run in Tampa Bay history.

Carnell had the 5th biggest rushing day by any NFL rookie in a season opener.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Carnell has played one NFL game.

Carnell is a rookie.

Carnell will have bad games and you should expect it. All rooks do.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #7
endtroducing
Golden Member

of course he will and I expect him to. but the guy tried to discredit his effort and stuff. boo.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Well...I would hate to get i nthe middle of a good Auburn-UT Debate. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 03:26 PM   #9
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Take note of the bold... You know where I stand as far as UT is concerned so I will throw reality in your face as soon as I can when you start knocking my guys...

2.9ypc until the one run... One run... Can you depend on that one run weekly? If not, he is a 2.9ypc back... 26 carries, 77 yards... WOO HOO... [img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #10
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

The NFL's leading rusher right now?

Willie Fricking Parker.

That was exciting.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Carnell is overrated.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 04:08 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
The NFL's leading rusher right now?

Willie Fricking Parker.

That was exciting.
I wonder if Willie's parents would have given him that middle name if they knew what that would one day represent?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

what are his stats minus the 70yard run at the end..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:04 PM   #14
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
what are his stats minus the 70yard run at the end..
You mean 45?

161 - 45 = 116 yards

116 yards / 22 carries = 5.27 yards/carry

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized you probably weren't talking about Parker.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #15
endtroducing
Golden Member

RUNNING BACKS ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE BIG RUNS

WHAT'S HE SUPPOSED TO DO, STOP ON THE WAY TO THE DAMN END ZONE
Old 09-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Well...he is from Auburn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
RUNNING BACKS ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE BIG RUNS

WHAT'S HE SUPPOSED TO DO, STOP ON THE WAY TO THE DAMN END ZONE
No slick... I know that... But they are supposed to make descent runs prior to the big run that they may or MAY NOT get... Did you see me say that he should have slowed down? My entire point is that this joke of a running back will NOT get a 70 yard run each week... That means you are stuck with whats left, (which in case you didn't notice, was a 2.9ypc average and like 70ish yards on 26 carries). Better hope his line opens a wide open lane, (and it was W-I-D-E O-P-E-N), every game or he might just be AVERAGE AS HELL...
Old 09-12-2005, 09:46 PM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I dont like williams and I think benson will be better but williams will be better than Brown. He is a poor mans julius jones.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:06 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Five-ofan
I dont like williams and I think benson will be better but williams will be better than Brown. He is a poor mans julius jones.
Of course Benson will be better long term. I am still undecided on who is better between Brown and Williams though... I know Brown's fellow WR had more rushing than him on Sunday, but I still think that he will be as good/better than Williams. I guess only time will tell on that.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

This isnt always a be all end all about who will be better in the pros but mainly just remember that williams started over brown in college.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:41 PM   #21
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

They split time more so than one being the starter over the other, (though I know that Cadillac was technically the guy for Auburn). I think Brown is definitely the better receiving back and is a LOT better at blocking. Cadillac is a more explosive back and has the big play potential that Brown lacks, but if you are looking for a complete package, I think Brown is the better choice.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:46 PM   #22
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

I think Carnell was the best rb in the draft he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and just makes plays whenever he's on the fields. Also you shouldn't fault a rb for getting a lot of his yards on 1 carry since you want your rb's to pound it inside and try to break one like Cadillac did.

Brown = average at best
Benson = average, maybe 2 or 3 probowls
Cadillac = superstar in the making, he just seems to be in a perfect situation on the bucs, is a complete back, and is just so poise.

And this is coming from an ut fan.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:58 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: #1MavsFan
I think Carnell was the best rb in the draft he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and just makes plays whenever he's on the fields. Also you shouldn't fault a rb for getting a lot of his yards on 1 carry since you want your rb's to pound it inside and try to break one like Cadillac did.

Brown = average at best
Cadillac = superstar in the making, he just seems to be in a perfect situation on the bucs, is a complete back, and is just so poise.

I don't care what team you root for... You have your opinon, and several others have theirs. Carnell will NOT be the better back between him and Benson. Absolutely not! Cadillac just needs to make sure he doesn't continue to rush like a pinto like he did for all but one play on Sunday. And no, I can't fault a guy for getting yards on one play. But I CAN fault a guy for rushing for 2.9ypc for 26 rushes in a game! All I was ever trying to point out is that without that one rush he would have been average at best. Then dude comes on saying that he is all that and starts taking rips at Benson who didn't play much because of his contract situation and that isn't cool with me...
Old 09-13-2005, 12:02 AM   #24
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: #1MavsFan

Brown = average at best

Also, Cadillac is by FAR not a complete back. He is very average at catching out of the backfield and SUCKS at blocking.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:41 AM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

You know, End and I may have our disagreements regarding Auburn football vs. UT football; however, nothing is more exciting than hearing good news like this!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:35 AM   #26
endtroducing
Golden Member

Carnell and Ronnie were both GREAT at blocking...I watched Carnell for four years and I never saw him expose Campbell like our backs have exposed Cox...btw, I think Brown is going to Westbrook on steroids

Brown never really 'started over' Carnell...the whole last year they both started, in 2003 Brown was banged up most of the year, and in 2002, Brown started the majority of the games when Carnell was hurt...they were basically co-starters
Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 AM   #27
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Carnell and Ronnie were both GREAT at blocking...I watched Carnell for four years and I never saw him expose Campbell like our backs have exposed Cox...btw, I think Brown is going to Westbrook on steroids

Brown never really 'started over' Carnell...the whole last year they both started, in 2003 Brown was banged up most of the year, and in 2002, Brown started the majority of the games when Carnell was hurt...they were basically co-starters
I will just provide you with links referring to Cadillac as poor or average at best at blocking. The fourth link has himself questioning his blocking at the NFL level. But I guess we should take your word for it that he is GREAT at it huh?

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Old 09-13-2005, 09:32 AM   #28
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
I watched Carnell for four years and I never saw him expose Campbell like our backs have exposed Cox...
One more thing... All this means is that your current backs suck worse than Carnell sucked at blocking!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:01 AM   #29
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

minus the one play
a 2.9 ypc average is nothing to get excited about...

oh wait, nevermind. he was playing against the great defense of the Minnesota Vikings [img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]

Contact Me
Old 09-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #30
endtroducing
Golden Member

you mean the defense that has Cory Chavous, rookie Erasmus James, Fred Smoot, Darren Sharper, Napoleon Harris, Antoine Winfield and Pat Williams?

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings as a upper half defensive unit...and can we please stop the hostility here, Carnell Williams was obviously not a bad blocker, but SEC defensive lineman aren't exactly Julius Peppers and Michael Strahan

I was just making a funny observation, a little rib, and you people go CRAZY over it
Old 09-13-2005, 12:37 PM   #31
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

...you show up on a pro UT board with a gas can and a match and wonder how the fire got started?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:29 PM   #32
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
...you show up on a pro UT board with a gas can and a match and wonder how the fire got started?
Wow... I could not have said that better myself!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:38 PM   #33
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
you mean the defense that has Cory Chavous, rookie Erasmus James, Fred Smoot, Darren Sharper, Napoleon Harris, Antoine Winfield and Pat Williams?

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings as a upper half defensive unit...and can we please stop the hostility here, Carnell Williams was obviously not a bad blocker, but SEC defensive lineman aren't exactly Julius Peppers and Michael Strahan

I was just making a funny observation, a little rib, and you people go CRAZY over it
And regarding what Alby said, I somewhat cringed... Minnesota's defense is much, MUCH better and I was not going to mention that he did what he did against a poor defense. Minnesota has the potential to have one of the best defenses in all of football, (certainly top 10).

Regarding going CRAZY, had you not included the comment on Benson I would have just went right on with my day... Its not like we aren't all used to the pro-Auburn comments from you so I was cool with that and, like I said, expected this thread. As Dirno mentioned, with pro-UT guys you will eventually find some that will stand up for their guys and throw some facts your way! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 10:48 AM   #34
endtroducing
Golden Member

alright, we're straight then

hope you enjoy Chizik
Old 09-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #35
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Top 5 Defensive Coordinator in the country so you damn straight I will be enjoying him!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #36
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

saw the replay of the long run again. he'd have been caught if clayton didn't run the whole way next to him. Still a nice breakout run, but he wouldn't have gone the distance.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:26 PM   #37
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Now for this week, I give the guy credit... He is having a much better game.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #38
endtroducing
Golden Member

Carnell was a MONEY fantasy pick
Old 09-19-2005, 01:43 AM   #39
alby
Guru

he certainly proved something to me today...

Contact Me
Old 09-19-2005, 08:27 AM   #40
endtroducing
Golden Member

best rookie start ever and the NFL's leading rusher! war eagle and all that jazz