Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default College Football Thread for November 3rd (Week 10)

BIG XII GAMES

UT at Baylor:
Oh boy.......I have a headache thinking about the UT game. I just hope the Bears can play a respectable game. Vince Young should solidify his Heisman hopes this week. Please be gentle.

Nebraska at Kansas:
Interesting game since Kansas dominated Mizzou last week. I go with NU though.

K-State at Iowa State:
Historically this game would go to KSU but ISU is a solid team. I take the Cyclones.

Mizzou at Colorado:
Hard to guess this one. Mizzou is an enigma but I will go with a very solid Colorado team.

Texas A&M at Texas Tech:
VERY HUGE game for A&M. They need to win one of their last three (Tech, OU, Texas) to become Bowl eligible. This may be their best shot. I pick Tech by 20.

OTHER GAMES
Can Stanford upset USC? No.

Will Tennessee upset Notre Dame on the week of teh 10 year extension for Weiss?

Add your games. There are a lot of great college football games this week.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: College Football Thread for November 3rd (Week 10)

Well... As a HUGE UT fan, I think we should all be praying for the Hurricanes to do their worst against Mr. Vick!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:College Football Thread for November 3rd (Week 10)

The games that interest me the most are:

Cal at Oregon - Oregon IMO is a top 10 team. I really think they are the second to only Georgia as the best 1-loss team in the nation. With a win, they most likely will win out their final 3 games and finish 10-1 with their only loss being to USC. Fiesta Bowl for the Ducks?
Prediction - Ducks win 38-28

Wisconsin at Penn State - The Big Ten is not very good this year and they have always been the most overrated conference in college football. But, in this game first place is on the line and it features two very good combos. Michael Robinson and Derrick Williams for Penn State and John Stocco and Brian Calhoun for Wisconsin.
Prediction - Badgers win 30-24

I know a lot of eyes will be on Miami at Virginia Tech, but Miami is going to get embarrased Saturday night.
And in the likely event of a rout, how close will they be to Texas in the BCS? I highly doubt they will jump ahead, but it will pull them closer.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:48 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Michael Robinson and Derrick Williams for Penn State and John Stocco and Brian Calhoun for Wisconsin.
Williams is out for the season...
Old 11-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #5
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Michael Robinson and Derrick Williams for Penn State and John Stocco and Brian Calhoun for Wisconsin.
Williams is out for the season...
I didnt even know that. I saw a bit of their game vs Michigan and he was playing but that was 2 or 3 weeks ago, when did he get hurt and what happend?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:26 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually he broke his arm late in that Michigan game...I hated to see it because he was this years Ted Ginn
Old 11-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

The most amusing thing is the poll on ESPN's college football page on who will win Miami or V. Tech. Once you answer, it goes to a map and you can see how people in every state voted. In every state EXCEPT TEXAS, people are predicting Va. Tech to beat Miami, INCLUDING FLORIDA.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #8
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

One of those votes was mine dooby... but not because of a UT allegiance, but because I watched the entire BC vs VT game.

Miami will win convincingly.

Tech will double up A&M 56-28 - with 2 of those aggie touchdowns coming late in the contest.

I'm still waiting for the Texas let down game. It's either this week or next - right?
Old 11-04-2005, 11:37 AM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
One of those votes was mine dooby... but not because of a UT allegiance, but because I watched the entire BC vs VT game.

Miami will win convincingly.
Ha ha. I voted for Miami, too.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:29 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I'm still waiting for the Texas let down game. It's either this week or next - right?
Dear Lord. Please let it be this week. Pretty please......please oh please oh please......

Edit- God help everyone if their letdown week ends up being last week versus Okla. State though. That is one solid team.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:22 PM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

http://footballrumormill.com/Scoop.htm

If Arkansas loses tomorrow to South Carolina, this site says that Butch Davis will be taking over as coach. Can you say wet dream? Arkansas, for the most part, has at least been respectable with Nutt in charge the last 8 years. With Davis, someone who is actually RESPECTED and admired, I see nothing but good things happening.

Please, God...let this happen.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #12
mavs413
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark

If Arkansas loses tomorrow to South Carolina, this site says that Butch Davis will be taking over as coach. Can you say wet dream? Arkansas, for the most part, has at least been respectable with Nutt in charge the last 8 years. With Davis, someone who is actually RESPECTED and admired, I see nothing but good things happening.

Didnt Nutt just sign an extension through 2010? That would make a coaching change, especially for Davis a pretty expensive move. Butch Davis will surely be the top option for a lot of schools after this season. Who knows though, he did play football at Arkansas so it would seem fitting.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:47 PM   #13
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:

Ark I don't know if you're rooting for or against the hogs on Saturday, but I hope you get your wish. Either way I need McFadden to rush for at least 150 and 2 touchdowns. Woo Freshman Pig.

Old 11-04-2005, 05:32 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

The hot rumor in Centex is that Coach Fran had better win 2 of the next 3 and his bowl game or he is out.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #15
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

The Razorback Foundation (who is rumored to be petitioning for a coaching change) has reserves in excess of $300 million. I believe Nutt's buyout is $300,000 per year...so it wouldn't be impossible. That, and John Tyson ($$$$$$), make the contract somewhat of a moot point.

The biggest obstacle will be Frank Broyles. He's been openly supporting Nutt, so take that as you may. People who have been right before are saying that Broyles is wanting to keep Nutt around strictly for bargaining power. Jim Lindsey runs this whole university, regardless of titles. He's the one that convinced Broyles to keep Nutt around by upping his contract to its current state. So now Broyles, despite public outcry, is doing his best to keep Nutt just to spite Lindsey...and in the process, keep himself on Jim's good side and retain the AD position until he dies.

I won't be suprised in the least if Nutt is here next year. I won't be suprised if Butch is here, though. It will take more money to put together Butch and a staff of his choosing than Nutt...but things are souring up in the Ozarks. A ton of money has been poored into the football program and the big wigs are finally starting to demand results.

I imagine that right now our recruiting pitch goes something like this: "By golly, son...you should come play for us at Arkansas. You'll be the most under-utilized wide receiver in Division I football. Do you like to block? You don't? Well maybe we can switch you to defense and you can play DE (don't get me started on this one). Anyway, forget about all those other schools that have offensive coordinators. I'm the offensive coordinator here at Arkansas, and I can tell you ONE thing. Arena football teams just LOVE WR's who can block, and there's not a better school out there for learning how to block. Did I mention our facilities? Oh man, we've got some of the best facilities in the country. We might not sell out everygame, since we don't exactly compete on a weekly basis, but they sure are pretty to look at. Did I mention that I went 4-7 at Boise State the season prior to taking the Arkansas job? I'm special. In summation, pass the cornbread."

With Butch Davis: "Miami used to be Arkansas. Now they're Miami. I did that. I'll put you in the NFL."

Sigh...I wish I didn't hate burnt orange. Then I coulda just gone to UT out of high school. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #16
capitalcity
Diamond Member

I always get Fayetville and South Beach mixed-up...

Which is the one with all the thong-wearing, bronzed up beauties again?
Old 11-04-2005, 09:50 PM   #17
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

That'd be...both [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (I think Stoops proved you don't have to coach in an exotic locale to be successful)
Old 11-05-2005, 03:30 PM   #18
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Dear Lord. Please let it be this week. Pretty please......please oh please oh please......

Edit- God help everyone if their letdown week ends up being last week versus Okla. State though. That is one solid team.
Hahaha...

Not quite Doc!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

55-0 as I type!!! GO MIAMI!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 03:49 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Make that 62-0 and one uncalled double-dribble by UT's backup QB...

I feel bad for Baylor, but we have to make this victory stand out as much as possible... A 35-10 game was just not possible today with VaTech breathing down UT's throat!
Old 11-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #20
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Thank you North Carolina... That victory over BC helped Texas a lot...
Old 11-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #21
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Damn double post!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:30 PM   #22
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Sure did.

With a Wisconsin victory over PSU and some help OSU could win the Big Ten. And if Colorado runs the table they'll be in the top 15 (only loses coming to Miami and Texas) going into the Big XII championship game.

Old 11-05-2005, 05:06 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Quote:
Sure did.

With a Wisconsin victory over PSU and some help OSU could win the Big Ten. And if Colorado runs the table they'll be in the top 15 (only loses coming to Miami and Texas) going into the Big XII championship game.
Well, unfortunately, PSU is going to win the Big Ten but Colorado will run the table. I am not sure if those three wins will be enough for a top 15 finish, but I sure hope so.

Once more, GO MIAMI!!! That will end all of this bullshit!
Old 11-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #24
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Thats right OSU... Thats right... Show the world how good you are and whipe the floor with Illinois while helping our beloved Horns!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

OH YEAH... Go NC State... 20-10 over Fl. State currently... I bet VaTech is absolutely PISSED right now... Their big win over BC just got much smaller and IF they beat Miami it will be their only win this year over a top 10 team because FSU will be knocked out of the top 10 with a loss to a 3-4 Wolfpack team...

Today is becoming a very good day!
Old 11-05-2005, 07:14 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Man...UT Is a freaking professional football team. I know that Baylor isn't setting the world on fire but UT dominated a very good defense today. UT outplayed us on the lines, offense, defense, speacial teams, coaching...hell....even the UT managers served up water better. Holy cow that is one freaking GREAT football team.

Mark it down. The 2005 National Champion will be the University of Texas and it will not even be close. Good Lord they are awesome.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:22 PM   #27
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Man...UT Is a freaking professional football team. I know that Baylor isn't setting the world on fire but UT dominated a very good defense today. UT outplayed us on the lines, offense, defense, speacial teams, coaching...hell....even the UT managers served up water better. Holy cow that is one freaking GREAT football team.

Mark it down. The 2005 National Champion will be the University of Texas and it will not even be close. Good Lord they are awesome.
Hahaha...

Don't get TOO far ahead on the predictions there... We still have to make the game to win the game...

Let me hear you say it with me:

G-O M-I-A-M-I!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #28
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Wow... Anyone notice what Arizona is doing to the UNDEFEATED Bruins? Wow... Arizona is 2-6!
Old 11-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #29
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

UT's definitely good...but if they make it to the MNC game, they'll be lucky to stay within 2 touchdowns of USC. USC has basically pulled a Lakers this entire season. They're just coasting...

I could be wrong, I've definitely been wrong before. But I've never seen a better collegiate offense...ever.

On another note, Arkansas lost to South Carolina today. McFadden had 191 yards rushing...more yards than SC had in total offense, and Nutt STILL manages to lose the game. There was one bright spot. I got to personally witness the most idiotic play call in the history of college football. On AR's first possession they had 4th and 1 from the 29. Punt, right? RIGHT? Nope. Nutt calls a QB sneek that goes for no yards. 5 plays later, SC scores the game changing TD.

Nutt's gone, or I'm gonna start rooting for fricking Notre Dame.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #30
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
UT's definitely good...but if they make it to the MNC game, they'll be lucky to stay within 2 touchdowns of USC. USC has basically pulled a Lakers this entire season. They're just coasting...

I could be wrong, I've definitely been wrong before. But I've never seen a better collegiate offense...ever.

On another note, Arkansas lost to South Carolina today. McFadden had 191 yards rushing...more yards than SC had in total offense, and Nutt STILL manages to lose the game. There was one bright spot. I got to personally witness the most idiotic play call in the history of college football. On AR's first possession they had 4th and 1 from the 29. Punt, right? RIGHT? Nope. Nutt calls a QB sneek that goes for no yards. 5 plays later, SC scores the game changing TD.

Nutt's gone, or I'm gonna start rooting for fricking Notre Dame.
Ark - this year's UT is NOT the team who scraped by your Hogs last year.

If we get the USC v Texas matchup look for the game to swing on special teams (a glaring UT weakness). USC's offense is badass for sure. But UT's defense is stout, and Gene Chizik's already schemed it for Auburn. Coasting? Try UT's offense... Ramonce Taylor isn't Reggie Bush, but after today's performance he sure looked like Bush Lite.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:09 PM   #31
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

FUMBLE VATECH... MIAMI DRIVING...

Edit - Should have been 7 if Miami could deliver a simple pass on target but I will take the 3 with Miami's #1 defense...
Old 11-05-2005, 09:35 PM   #32
capitalcity
Diamond Member

UCLA drubbed by Mike Stoops' boys.

VT up 10-0 at the half...
Old 11-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #33
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

OH HELL YEAH... 20-0
Old 11-05-2005, 10:22 PM   #34
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... 27-0!!!!!!!!

See ya in the Rose Bowl USC...
Old 11-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #35
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Ballgame. 27-0 Miami

Computers are smart UT is better than VA Tech. GO HAL!

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:26 PM   #36
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
The games that interest me the most are:

Cal at Oregon - Oregon IMO is a top 10 team. I really think they are the second to only Georgia as the best 1-loss team in the nation. With a win, they most likely will win out their final 3 games and finish 10-1 with their only loss being to USC. Fiesta Bowl for the Ducks?
Prediction - Ducks win 38-28

Wisconsin at Penn State - The Big Ten is not very good this year and they have always been the most overrated conference in college football. But, in this game first place is on the line and it features two very good combos. Michael Robinson and Derrick Williams for Penn State and John Stocco and Brian Calhoun for Wisconsin.
Prediction - Badgers win 30-24

I know a lot of eyes will be on Miami at Virginia Tech, but Miami is going to get embarrased Saturday night.
And in the likely event of a rout, how close will they be to Texas in the BCS? I highly doubt they will jump ahead, but it will pull them closer.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

What was that slick???

Let me answer your question... In the likely event of a rout, ol VaTech won't be so close to Texas at all... Probably around #7 or #8 in the latest polls...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

GO HORNS!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 10:30 PM   #37
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Man... The wheels are coming off... Fumble Vick... What is that, 4 turnovers ON Vick?

I will say this, VaTech is not THIS bad... Miami's D is just this good...

Well man... As I am typing this a pick for VaTech...
Old 11-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #38
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Vick:

2 Int, 2 personal fumbles, 1 fumble on the exchange from C

Not so good eh?
Old 11-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #39
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

VT's lousy competition caught up to them this week. first decent team they've played all year and they roll over and die. say what you will about UTs schedule, but with Colorado, TT, and Ohio St. likely to win out, and if OU wins 2 of 3 to close, suddenly UTs SOS doesn't look that bad.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:21 PM   #40
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Doc the OSU game WAS the UT letdown game. Whether people know this or not, Tech has a very good D this year not to mention our O. We arent among the USCs of the world but UT could have put up 63 if they needed to. They are just so fast its amazing. We didnt belong on a field with them. We could be on the field with USC. About Taylor hes not quite bush but he is faster. I think that when they play him at tailback he is at his best but hes fine as a receiver. He like all the ut players is just so fast. He is probably the fastest player in the country. Why he doesnt return punts I have no idea. No knock on ross but taylor would be downright scary as a punt return guy. I think UT will beat USC but USC is as dangerous as anyone in the country. Too many options on O but I think that UT can hit them and slow them down enough to the tune of 24 or MAYBE 31. USC cant do the same to UT. ND O is nowhere near UTs and they got 31 against USC. Giving Carrol a month does scare me for UT though. Things are looking better and better for Tech going to a bcs game as an at large. Its still an incredible long shot but its possible.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote