Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Michael Irvin arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia in Plano

PLANO, Texas -- Former Dallas Cowboys receiver and current ESPN studio analyst Michael Irvin was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after police searched his vehicle during a traffic stop, Plano police said Sunday.

Irvin, a semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, was arrested on an outstanding warrant for speeding in Irving after being pulled over Friday afternoon for speeding in Plano, the Plano Police Department said. Police spokesman Mike Johnson said he didn't know what kind of paraphernalia was found.

Irvin paid a fine on the speeding ticket and posted bond on the drug paraphernalia possession charge. He was released about an hour after he was pulled over.

An ESPN spokesman had no immediate comment.

Irvin, a member of three Super Bowl championship teams with the Cowboys, retired in July 2000.

In 1996, Irvin pleaded no contest to felony cocaine possession in exchange for four years of deferred probation, a $10,000 fine and dismissal of misdemeanor marijuana possession charges.

Irvin holds Cowboys records for catches (750), receiving yards (11,904) and 100-yard games (47), including a team-record seven in a row in 1991.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2005, 07:41 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

I really hate to see this. I was hoping that Mike was over his drug love days. It just goes to show that drugs are just brutal to those who use them. I wish him the best and hope he can learn to just say no.

Last edited by Drbio; 11-27-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:24 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

How terribly, terribly sad to see. Geez Mike, can't you see how much better life can be straight..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Last edited by Jeremiah; 06-09-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It may not be bad legally, but it's certainly bad for Mike not to be able to leave that part of his life behind him. Listening to him spill his life out on the Ticket made me think he had really left it behind.

Hope he can.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah
It's just a misdemeanor, and it's just drug parephenalia. That could be insulin needles that a diabetic left in his car...Even it it's not, it ain't THAT bad.

It's thinking like this that pervades into our culture and makes drugs seem ok. I respectfully disagree with you. It is not alright in any shape or form to have drug paraphernalia on your person. Insulin needles are not going to get you arrested. This was likely a more specialized item such as a pipe or bong or whatever.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:13 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I think his driving habits are more dangerous to the rest of us than his drug habit. Dangit, Mike, can't you drive like a regular person?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:38 PM   #8
Jeremiah

Last edited by Jeremiah; 06-09-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:42 PM   #9
Jeremiah

Last edited by Jeremiah; 06-09-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #10
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

well, I have a feeling that if he DID have needles on him they weren't for insulin...that's definitely not a good road to go down.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:20 AM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

this makes me sad

was he on NFL Countdown tonight?

I missed the show, he always makes me laugh when I watched the playmaker's stories/interviews.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:15 AM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be on NFL Countdown tonight, according to last night's Sportscenter.

It wasn't his pipe, anyway. It belonged to some strung-out friend of is who is in his rehab.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:18 PM   #13
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

That whole story about the pipe wasn't his it was a friends sounds like something a crackhead would say. I'm not willing to give up on Mike just yet though. Though that story sounds like something a crackhead would say its not out of the ordinary. I also heard the pipe was clean as well. I just hope the guy is clean. Coming off of The Longest Yard and finding a steady seat on ESPN as analyst, he's been doing pretty good for himself.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:37 PM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone hear him on Dan Patrick? A pretty convincing story and I personally think Irvin is telling the truth...
Old 11-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I just caught him on ESPN's countdown, they had a Q&A segment between him and Stu Scott just about this issue, I really like Irvin. You got to feel for him.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:10 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

I question his ability to identify friends, but I hope he was telling the truth. You have to always wish the best for a former drug user. I do wish him well.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:11 PM   #17
TheMurph

TheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the rough

I hope that he's telling the truth. His story seems to be a bit far fetched but... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...not because I'm a good person but because he's a Cowboy.
TheMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:04 AM   #18
dude1394
Guru

Well mike certainly could use some counseling on keeping out of the clutches of the law. Like...pay your tickets so you don't get a warrant. I tend to believe his story in that I thought why wouldn't you just throw it away in your trash, but Michael probalby is paranoid about reporters going through his trash.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as well, his interview looked convincing but boy does he have a bad rep.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:47 AM   #19
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Though i'm sure this is probably the last thing Irvin is thinking about right now but is anyone else convinced he just threw himself out of the running for HOF?

BTW, I thought the guys at the Ticket today were harsh as hell to Mike. As if he stole something from them.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:10 AM   #20
TheMurph

TheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the rough

They probably felt lied to...betrayed.
TheMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:18 AM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

Even though half of the Hardline was so strung out on drugs that he had to take three weeks off to go through rehab, I'm quite sure that they were comfortable in railing on Michael Irvin for having someone else's pipe in his car.

Please. I doubt that Greggo is recovered from his addiction, and I'm certain that Rhyner has one that isn't being reported.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:10 AM   #22
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know if I buy the its a friends line but i hope it is. My feelings on this remind me of the Chappelle show jury selection skit when asked about Michael Jackson when Chappelle just answered he made thriller man, Thriller. Irvin was the playmaker. He was a beast and the consimant team player btw why does the consimant team player back TO so much?????
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:18 AM   #23
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Why does every element of that story have some pretty implausible explanation--not just one improbable event, but a whole series of them.

It's not mine, it's my brother's. Not my brother-brother, but a friend-brother. Whom I patted down when he showed up to my house at Thanksgiving. A few days after I had put him in rehab.

Probability, man. Probability.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 11-29-2005 at 06:22 AM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:20 AM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

From the Smoking Gun...

Quote:
According to a Municipal Court citation obtained by TSG, cops found the "multi-colored pipe w/ marijuana residue" inside a Versace sunglass case that was tucked under the driver's seat of a 2005 Mercedes Benz coupe driven by the former Dallas Cowboys star. Cops noted that the sunglass case also contained a silver lighter and "plastic baggies w/ marijuana residue" and quoted Irvin, who was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, as saying, "It's my brother's. He left it in there."
That's pretty damning in my opinion. Are we to believe he found the entire sunglass case when frisking him? All Irvin talked about was the pipe.

Ton of inconsistencies between this and what he said on ESPN....
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:06 AM   #25
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Though i'm sure this is probably the last thing Irvin is thinking about right now but is anyone else convinced he just threw himself out of the running for HOF?

BTW, I thought the guys at the Ticket today were harsh as hell to Mike. As if he stole something from them.
Boo stinking-hoo. I could care less what those bozos care about, they deserve no loyalty anyway.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #26
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
From the Smoking Gun...

That's pretty damning in my opinion. Are we to believe he found the entire sunglass case when frisking him? All Irvin talked about was the pipe.

Ton of inconsistencies between this and what he said on ESPN....
Not damning at all imo. You have to keep a pipe/etc. somewhere, why not a sunglass case. And why would Mike catalogue any and everything in there for anyone.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:17 AM   #27
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, why would it be in the car under the driver's seat in the first place. Why would he keep the empty baggies rather than destroy them. Why would he say it was his brother's, then change his story after time to think about it, and probably an interesting converstaion with his brother.

Gimme a break. The guy's story has a ton of holes. I wanted to believe him at first, but the way the story changed from the police report to the interview, and the holes he left himself in the interview, I don't see how anyone other than the biggest of Cowboy homers can believe his story.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:46 AM   #28
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree with you jthig - his story is pretty implausible. There are about a million places he could've put a pipe if he really wanted to just store it for someone else. I'm sure many people possess some type of item that they want to keep hidden from their children - whether it be a pipe, a gun, a sex toy, pain medication, household cleaner, a butcher knife, some important documents - the whole "keep it away from my kids" argument is pretty rediculous. There's only one reason to have that in your car - and thats so you can party on the go. I don't think I'm being judgemental here, just using some common sense. Because quite frankly, I've been there. And lets be honest here for a second. If any one of us were sitting at home watching this story unfold on COPS with your garden variety anonymous citizen, we'd all be laughing at the standard "Hey! That's not mine!" excuse.

Maybe its Irvin's. Maybe he let his brother borrow the car. Who knows. But his current story sounds pretty far fetched to me.

One quick question for anyone who cares to answer. Have I been watching too much CSI, or could they just simply look for forensic evidence on the pipe and baggies?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-29-2005 at 11:55 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:26 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Well, why would it be in the car under the driver's seat in the first place. Why would he keep the empty baggies rather than destroy them. Why would he say it was his brother's, then change his story after time to think about it, and probably an interesting converstaion with his brother.

Gimme a break. The guy's story has a ton of holes. I wanted to believe him at first, but the way the story changed from the police report to the interview, and the holes he left himself in the interview, I don't see how anyone other than the biggest of Cowboy homers can believe his story.
Here is what i thought I heard. A guy came to his home for thanksgiving and mike "patted" him down and found the "stuff". If the "stuff" was a pipe in a glasses case where the guy kept his stuff then why wouldn't it make at least some sense that the pipe,baggies,lighter etc, all be in the glass case? I'm not saying it's true but it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibilities. Mike told the guy he couldn't bring the "stuff" into his home so what to do about it. Throw the guy out (probably the best solution), throw it in your trash(I would be paranoid as well), stick it under your seat for disposal later, plausable..And forgot about it, also plausible if you are a person who has been around that crap all of your life. But stupid,yup, maybe NOT TRUE, also yup.

As far as his brother/friend/etc, that sounds like to me no big deal either unless you have him making a complete statement with a name. The cop asks you who it is, you say damn, that's my friend/brother/buddy, etc.

These small inconsistencies don't seem like anything concrete to me.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I totally agree with you jthig - his story is pretty implausible. There are about a million places he could've put a pipe if he really wanted to just store it for someone else. I'm sure many people possess some type of item that they want to keep hidden from their children - whether it be a pipe, a gun, a sex toy, pain medication, household cleaner, a butcher knife, some important documents - the whole "keep it away from my kids" argument is pretty rediculous. There's only one reason to have that in your car - and thats so you can party on the go. I don't think I'm being judgemental here, just using some common sense. Because quite frankly, I've been there. And lets be honest here for a second. If any one of us were sitting at home watching this story unfold on COPS with your garden variety anonymous citizen, we'd all be laughing at the standard "Hey! That's not mine!" excuse.

Maybe its Irvin's. Maybe he let his brother borrow the car. Who knows. But his current story sounds pretty far fetched to me.

One quick question for anyone who cares to answer. Have I been watching too much CSI, or could they just simply look for forensic evidence on the pipe and baggies?
I would think there would have to be a much bigger crime than a misdemeanor to justify going to that trouble. Mike might do it, but the cops, nah.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:45 PM   #31
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Should Irvin just take a drug test? That seems like the quickest way to confirm his story. Either he is clean, or he isn't.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:58 PM   #32
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Should Irvin just take a drug test? That seems like the quickest way to confirm his story. Either he is clean, or he isn't.

I don't really think its that black and white at this point. I've heard marijuana stays in your system for a month, but there are several ways to "cheat" with a little bit of advanced notice.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 11-29-2005, 01:06 PM   #33
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
I'm not saying it's true but it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibilities. Mike told the guy he couldn't bring the "stuff" into his home so what to do about it. Throw the guy out (probably the best solution), throw it in your trash(I would be paranoid as well),
If you have paranoia about throwing it away, why does that paranoia dissappear when you put it under the your driver's seat? It really couldn't have been in a more obvious place for someone that was supposedly being so cautious about the pipe's wherabouts.

Putting a pipe underneath your driver's seat is not an act of paranoia....its an act of carelessness if anything.

Last edited by mary; 11-29-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:19 PM   #34
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
As far as his brother/friend/etc, that sounds like to me no big deal either unless you have him making a complete statement with a name. The cop asks you who it is, you say damn, that's my friend/brother/buddy, etc.

These small inconsistencies don't seem like anything concrete to me.
How is this a small inconsistency? Knowing who gave you that stuff is a big deal. Mike based his entire excuse on the whole "friend in rehab" bit, but he didn't remember well enough to tell the Cops who gave him that pipe?

If I don't do drugs, and I'm carrying around someone else's drug pipe, not only am I constantly thinking about it and worrying about it, I'm damn sure going to know exactley who gave it to me and have my story straight if it's found.

And I'm with Mary. How can someone be so paranoid that they won't throw that kind of thing away, yet not too paranoid to stick it in their CAR! ESPECIALLY when he's got to know that he's got a ticket out there he never took care of.

Last edited by jthig32; 11-29-2005 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
If you have paranoia about throwing it away, why does that paranoia dissappear when you put it under the your driver's seat? It really couldn't have been in a more obvious place for someone that was supposedly being so cautious about the pipe's wherabouts.

Putting a pipe underneath your driver's seat is not an act of paranoia....its an act of carelessness if anything.
I'm not saying he's smart or rational about it. But this is a guy who's had reporters (illegally if I remember) tape conversations, he's probably had his garbage searched numerous times. You either take it inside with you, throw it away or put it in a locked compartment, your car, for example.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:45 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
How is this a small inconsistency? Knowing who gave you that stuff is a big deal. Mike based his entire excuse on the whole "friend in rehab" bit, but he didn't remember well enough to tell the Cops who gave him that pipe?

If I don't do drugs, and I'm carrying around someone else's drug pipe, not only am I constantly thinking about it and worrying about it, I'm damn sure going to know exactley who gave it to me and have my story straight if it's found.

And I'm with Mary. How can someone be so paranoid that they won't throw that kind of thing away, yet not too paranoid to stick it in their CAR! ESPECIALLY when he's got to know that he's got a ticket out there he never took care of.
You are taking one statement to a policeman while being arrested as him telling the gospel truth. The policeman didn't eally want to know who's it was, to him it's michaels and for all intents are purposes it is his, it's in his car. I guess I've stretched the truth when confronted by a policeman. No those aren't my beers sir, there a guy I just met, stupid, but I don't put a lot of stock in things said in that situation.

Again I'm not saying it's true, false, whatever, but the items you are bringing up as being iron-clad-proof of this or that just don't seem so to me.

If his stories are true it shows a guy who's really stupid imo, but if he's actually a guy who deals with people that have issues, I could see that stuff being around.

Last edited by dude1394; 11-29-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy

It isn't required, but it also isn't a bad idea.

Last edited by Drbio; 11-29-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:30 PM   #38
Jeremiah

Last edited by Jeremiah; 06-09-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #39
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah
What would taking a drug test do though? It'd confirm that he either has marijuana in his system or doesn't right? Why does that have any bearing on whether the pipe was his or not?

Seems a better way to confirm that the pipe is not his is to get his friend to make a statement, include the telephone conversations between him and Mike before the arrest, and include the drug rehab records to show that it is reasonable that the friend owned the pipe. That was what was suggested in the ESPN.com article I read, but Mike seemed against that.
The reason Mike thinks that is that he probably knows public perception will be that he paid off his friend.

Nobody particularly cares about the pipe. It's what the pipe implies, IE, Irvin is still using drugs. A drug test will prove whether or not he is still using.

Frankly, I don't really care whether or not he is using drugs. He appears to want to protect his kids, and that is absolutely something I can get behind. Other than that, I have no problem with his life choices.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:23 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

Michael's only problem here IS public opinion,nothing legal it seems will come of this. So I think saltwater is correct, if he wants to put an end to it take a drug test, if not, well...he'll have to really be slick to explain why not.