Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #41
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

jthig gets it. He just plain gets it. Kudos.

Ames- I echo murph on this one in his post immediately above this one.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Im gonna have to say hell no to the nix and dominguez for benson deal. I wouldnt sign benson to his current contract so there is no way I would do that when I am pretty confident that Juandom will out pitch him anyway.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #43
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I can't make up my mind about the Benson deal. The thing is, I like JuanDom's potential fine but I feel like a) we're been talking about his potential for like 3 years & b) I don't really trust the Rangers to really give him a chance to succeed long term. Just seems like Benson is what he is & that is pretty much an average pitcher, but at least that is less of a question mark than JuanDom.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #44
Drbio
Banned

Rule Five Draft results are in......

The Rangers lost no players in the major league phase of today's Rule 5
Draft (meaning players like Drew Meyer, Ruddy Yan, Jesse Carlson, Kelvin
Jimenez, Vincent Sinisi, and John Hudgins remain Texas property) and --
officially -- made no selections themselves, though they did make the trade
that was originally reported by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, sending
infielder Esteban German to Kansas City for the first overall pick in the
draft, White Sox Class A lefthander Fabio Castro.

You can read more about Castro in this morning's Newberg Report.

In the AAA phase of the draft, Texas lost utility man Cameron Coughlan to
Oakland and added three players: outfielders Alexi Ogando and Jayce Tingler
and lefthander Estelin Soto. Unlike the big league phase of the draft, the
minor league phases don't carry any roster requirements, and so Coughlan is
lost to the A's and Ogando, Tingler, and Soto are now Ranger property.

Ogando is pretty interesting.

More in the next Newberg Report.

Jamey
Old 12-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #45
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

From Sori

Quote:
"I had a good time in Texas. I loved my teammates and I liked the team," Soriano said Thursday morning from the Dominican Republic. "In this game, you don't have control. I'm a little sad I'm leaving my friends again, but I can't do anything about that. I am going to miss the fans. I loved the fans."

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:52 AM   #46
Drbio
Banned

That's a great quote, but all indications were that he planned to leave Texas after this season. I don't blame Texas at all for moving him, although I think the return would have been higher at the trade deadline.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:00 PM   #47
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

"I have the same position [on moving] as I always had when I was with Texas," Soriano said. "I said that I'm not going to change from second base."

From the FWST. I liked Sori, but this has always been the thing I couldn't stand about him. Just the juxtaposition between this & what Mike Young did...
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/13367840.htm

Last edited by ames7; 12-09-2005 at 01:01 PM.
ames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:52 PM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

To be somewhat of a devil's advocate on the whole position change thing....

When Michael Young moved to SS, he INCREASED his value as a player. Offense from SS is a key thing nowadays, and a good SS will always make more money than a good 2B.

Sori being asked to move to LF will DECREASE his value as a player. His "glamour numbers" make him look like an offensive beast as a 2B. Move him to LF, and he's still good, but not like he was at 2B. So I can see where he would be somewhat reluctant to make a move like that.

While Young is a great guy for moving SS, he has expressed some reluctance to ever move back to 2B, and he's never been blasted for it. Although, he recently did say he'd be open to it if it became a requirement to win.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

The Rangers have signed veteran righthanders Jayson Durocher and Jose Silva to minor league contracts with invites to big league spring training. Durocher spent the 2001 season with Tulsa and Oklahoma before making a sensational big league debut with Milwaukee in 2002, posting a 1.88 ERA in 39 relief appearances. He missed the last two seasons due to Tommy John surgery.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:07 PM   #50
Drbio
Banned

Soriano took no time in getting pissy. Without making contact with anyone on the Nationals, he has announced through the press that he will be playing second base and that Jose Vidro will need to move. Good riddance.

(source: FoxSports News)
Old 12-10-2005, 12:48 AM   #51
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Soriano took no time in getting pissy. Without making contact with anyone on the Nationals, he has announced through the press that he will be playing second base and that Jose Vidro will need to move. Good riddance.

(source: FoxSports News)
Wow thats just stupid of him. He wont have the welcome mat out from his new team mates