Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-19-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Caliente
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
I knew I liked her...

Masterplan - Oasis

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:02 AM   #2
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Joss Stone - The Soul sessions.

A 16 year old white girl from England who sings like a 300 pound Aretha..

Saw here this weeekend at SXSW....

Oh, shyte...total greatness.

SHE HAD ME AT...."I'M AN UNREQUITED WOMAN"..

Old 03-23-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Quote:
Meoooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww......................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Aretha Franklin In Stable Condition After Liposuction Surgery
By Staff of DailyHog.com (satire in poor taste)
March, 23

The Queen Of Soul, Aretha Franklin, is reported to be in stable condition after a 47 hour surgical procedure which saw two thirds of her body removed.

The singer, 62, who underwent the drastic procedure of liposuction for an upcoming episode of "Extreme Makeover", is said to be feeling fine after the exhausting 47 hour operation.

Doctor Gerry Beemer, who performed the operation said it's the first time he's removed so much fat from a single human being in one suction session. Before becoming a cosmetic surgeon, Beemer used to work at an Alaska whale processing plant where he removed blubber from whale carcases.

Some facts about Aretha's removed fat:

Enough fat was removed from Aretha's body to keep 2000 oil lamps burning continuously for a period of 68 years.

It would take approximately 6000 Eskimos, six months of continuous chewing to devoir Aretha's body fat.

If used as a lifeboat, the mound of fat removed from Aretha's body could keep 100 shipwrecked sailors safely afloat.

If set afire, the fat removed from Aretha's body could send enough smoke into the air to trigger a nuclear winter.

If divided into equal portions, the fat removed from Aretha's body would fill approximately 18,000 Santa Clause suites.

If dropped from the top of the Empire State Building, the force of the fat hitting the pavement would trigger an earthquake on the eastern seaboard, resulting in the total destruction of New York City, and serious damage to other areas within a 400 mile radius from the point of impact.

Guess you better make that a 100 lb. Aretha.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:02 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

BTW, I"m listening to Kristin Chenoweth (of Broken Arrow, OK)
and Idina Menzel singing from the soundtrack of Wicked. I'm looking for their duet on "Defying Gravity" to be used in NBA promos soon.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:14 AM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass

Since Veruca set the precedence...

I can't believe anyone actually listens to that crap. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did she write any of the songs on that album? Aren't they all covers? Isn't it common practice for an artist to atleast come out with a few solo albums before they try a cover album.

Old 03-24-2004, 12:20 AM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass

Since Veruca set the precedence...

I can't believe anyone actually listens to that crap. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did she write any of the songs on that album? Aren't they all covers? Isn't it common practice for an artist to atleast come out with a few solo albums before they try a cover album.

I sampled a few of her tunes with OP's glowing recommendation in mind, and to be frank was kinda disappointed. Clearly 300-lb. Arethae don't come along every day. (Helen Terry, otoh--now THERE was a bona fide soul sistuh.)

Maybe it was just the songs I sampled, but she sounded a little thin, and stayed in a fairly narrow range, with some pretty pedestrian material.

Then again, she's only what....16? She has plenty of room to grow.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:52 AM   #8
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Kill Bill Soundtrack
Cee-Lo Green - ...Is the Soul Machine
The Mars Volta - De-loused in the Comatorium

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:32 AM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Talking Heads- Stop Making Sense (1999 re-issue)

still a classic....
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here