Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-12-2023, 06:56 PM   #81
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Miles +10
Hardy -5
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2023, 06:56 PM   #82
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Lively changes things
Old 07-12-2023, 06:58 PM   #83
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Hardy hero ball

Worse black hole than THJ
Old 07-12-2023, 06:58 PM   #84
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I came in thinking Hardy would take a leap to superstar

He has consistently disappointed

Attitude, efficiency, defense have all sucked
He has looked like he was coasting through most of the game. I'm not sure how to feel about that. If it was the regular season I'd be pissed, but maybe that's ok in the summer league??

For whatever it's worth, he said his focus this whole offseason has been his playmaking, and his playmaking has been good today. He has consistently found the open man. Unfortunately they have missed the shot almost every time, but still, he found the open man.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 06:59 PM   #85
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Hardy three FTs

Sadly he?s shooting 6-12
Old 07-12-2023, 07:00 PM   #86
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Seven missed FTsfrom Hardy

2 pt game

Most Mavs box ever
Old 07-12-2023, 07:02 PM   #87
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Put in Miles if you want to win
Old 07-12-2023, 07:04 PM   #88
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ha!
Old 07-12-2023, 07:05 PM   #89
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Gotta say I do love the OT rules

Fewer ads so the NBA would hate it but it?s exciting
Old 07-12-2023, 07:06 PM   #90
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Except the FT rules suck balls.

Warriors foul which should give us an advantage but we get two FTs and they get another chance to win B2B
Old 07-12-2023, 07:08 PM   #91
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Hardy hurts me
Old 07-12-2023, 07:09 PM   #92
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

You need ONE point and you take a bad three, Hardy?

Done with this bonehead
Old 07-12-2023, 07:09 PM   #93
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Both draftees with double doubles today
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:11 PM   #94
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You need ONE point and you take a bad three, Hardy?

Done with this bonehead
He was bad today, no question. But I'm not "done" with him after a damn summer league game.
Old 07-12-2023, 07:22 PM   #95
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what to think of Hardy. He?ll be fine as a third/fourth option on the team, but that huge step we were expecting him to take may be just a small step this season.

And Seth will be getting minutes too
Old 07-12-2023, 07:30 PM   #96
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This silly attempt to make Hardy a playmaker is the issue. We have two of the best playmakers in basketball on the team. We need Hardy to make shots, which he didn't this game, but he is a volume sg. The sooner everyone realizes that the better it will be.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:44 PM   #97
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This silly attempt to make Hardy a playmaker is the issue. We have two of the best playmakers in basketball on the team. We need Hardy to make shots, which he didn't this game, but he is a volume sg. The sooner everyone realizes that the better it will be.
Again, I thought his playmaking was actually good today. It doesn't show up in the stats because the guys kept missing their shots, but he consistently found the open man.

And I don't care that he shot poorly. Everyone has bad shooting nights sometimes. What concerns me more again is that he just looked lazy and a bit disengaged through a lot of the game. I'm trying to sort of convince myself that it's ok because it's summer league and it's basically glorified practice, and he's already got his mind on the regular season. But it's a bit disconcerting.

It's whatever. We've already seen him perform far better than this in an actual NBA season, so we know he's a capable NBA player. I just hope his attitude isn't going to be a problem.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-12-2023 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-12-2023, 07:50 PM   #98
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

On a much more positive note, I loved what I saw from both Lively and Omax. I think they are both going to be exactly what we need them to be. We knew Omax would be a good wing defender, but what has surprised me is how silky smooth his 3 point shot is.

And Lively was everywhere on both ends of the court. He still needs to learn how to set a proper screen, but man I can see him absolutely feasting off of lob passes from both Luka and Kyrie.
Old 07-12-2023, 08:11 PM   #99
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Again, I thought his playmaking was actually good today. It doesn't show up in the stats because the guys kept missing their shots, but he consistently found the open man.

And I don't care that he shot poorly. Everyone has bad shooting nights sometimes. What concerns me more again is that he just looked lazy and a bit disengaged through a lot of the game. I'm trying to sort of convince myself that it's ok because it's summer league and it's basically glorified practice, and he's already got his mind on the regular season. But it's a bit disconcerting.

It's whatever. We've already seen him perform far better than this in an actual NBA season, so we know he's a capable NBA player. I just hope his attitude isn't going to be a problem.
Exactly, I mean, he sucked most of the summer league last year then destroyed the G league for the Legends.

I just don't think he cares, and frankly, neither do I.

Watching OMax and Lively do well is nice though. For a team starved for defense, I don't see why they can't get minutes next season.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:35 PM   #100
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Ta ze Moore. Dude again with an all around good game. Solid defense, hustle and he's a highlight reel athlete

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:40 PM   #101
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Ta ze Moore. Dude again with an all around good game. Solid defense, hustle and he's a highlight reel athlete
Wouldn't mind seeing him claim a two way spot...
Not sure we need/want Wright at this point (hehe) and he's stood out more than Lawson
what are our options with the end of the bench/two way spots?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 12:10 AM   #102
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Wouldn't mind seeing him claim a two way spot...
Not sure we need/want Wright at this point (hehe) and he's stood out more than Lawson
what are our options with the end of the bench/two way spots?
Lawson looked head and shoulders above Wright in summer league, and Lawson was flying all over the place for todays game.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:20 AM   #103
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Lawson looked head and shoulders above Wright in summer league, and Lawson was flying all over the place for todays game.
Eh didn?t get to watch the game today - so maybe dump wright and keep Lawson? He and Moore are about same size? Whichever defends shoots and rebounds better.
Old 07-13-2023, 01:14 AM   #104
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Eh didn?t get to watch the game today - so maybe dump wright and keep Lawson? He and Moore are about same size? Whichever defends shoots and rebounds better.
Wright wasn?t bad just didn?t have that impactful eye test Lawson had today making steals and leading fast breaks.

That said, Wright isn?t under contract so I imagine he?s moving on to whoever will give him an opportunity after summer league.
Old 07-13-2023, 07:16 AM   #105
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Hardy will be fine with actual NBA spacing and when he goes from the primary option and facilitator to option 3c and spark plug off the bench.

I understand why they?re letting him go nuts, but I hope he doesn?t develop bad habits that carry over to the regular season.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:05 AM   #106
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Hardy will be fine with actual NBA spacing and when he goes from the primary option and facilitator to option 3c and spark plug off the bench.

I understand why they?re letting him go nuts, but I hope he doesn?t develop bad habits that carry over to the regular season.
Yeah the spacing needs to be emphasized- specifically that there is none in the summer league.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:11 AM   #107
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Wright wasn?t bad just didn?t have that impactful eye test Lawson had today making steals and leading fast breaks.

That said, Wright isn?t under contract so I imagine he?s moving on to whoever will give him an opportunity after summer league.
I?m sure wright is what he is but don?t see a need for him on the roster
Already have our two best players who can run point not to mention curry Hardy green who could fill in
Would love to have some pesky 3D athletic defenders to run out there if/when needed
Old 07-13-2023, 09:19 AM   #108
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Hardy looks much better when he is surrounded by actual NBA players
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:20 AM   #109
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I?m sure wright is what he is but don?t see a need for him on the roster
Already have our two best players who can run point not to mention curry Hardy green who could fill in
Would love to have some pesky 3D athletic defenders to run out there if/when needed
There is no need for Wright. We have emergency back up point in Curry, Hardy, Green if either Luka or Kyrie go down. But if they go down, we are chocolate fucked anyway.

Old 07-13-2023, 11:02 AM   #110
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

A lot of summer league if not most all is working on individual player weaknesses. There is no team concept in the offenses. It's streetball.

Hardy's role in real games will be as a scorer and it looks like they are trying to work on dominating the ball and creating shots for others like Luka and KI. He may get there at some point (hopefully by time KI leaves) but I don't expect him to be forcing plays to create for his teammates in regular season. Unless he has the obvious pass for a lob or to the perimeter, his role should be just score attacking the basket or in catch and shoot 3's. Make that attack or shoot decision quick or keep the ball moving.

I'd be looking at Bazley or Langford or even Frank N. before lawson or any of these guys making the NBA roster. I'd at least sign Bazley now then maybe take the hit on McGee. Unless they want and can attach a 2nd rounder to send him to the the Wiz for a TE, move on.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 12:08 PM   #111
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
There is no need for Wright. We have emergency back up point in Curry, Hardy, Green if either Luka or Kyrie go down. But if they go down, we are chocolate fucked anyway.
And Mles Jr. is on a two-way, so there is really no reason to keep Wright. Seems to me that you choose between Lawson and perhaps Taz for the second two-way contract.
Old 07-13-2023, 03:10 PM   #112
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Hardy out for the remainder of summer league with a bruised shoulder
Old 07-13-2023, 05:27 PM   #113
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
And Mles Jr. is on a two-way, so there is really no reason to keep Wright. Seems to me that you choose between Lawson and perhaps Taz for the second two-way contract.
It's a toss up between Taze and Lawson for me. They both have hustle, hope and defense. To my eye, Taze has a little extra spark so I'd lean that way. However, I don't think either woukd see anything but garbage time anyway barring injury

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-13-2023 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2023, 06:02 PM   #114
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Hardy out for the remainder of summer league with a bruised shoulder
Maybe that's why he sucked so bad yesterday? Hopefully anyway.

Still sucks that the kid got injured though. At least it sounds minor.
Old 07-13-2023, 07:43 PM   #115
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Taze is significantly older than Luka though. He?s not a baby prospect
Old 07-13-2023, 10:06 PM   #116
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
He?s 8 months older - still only 25
College player - cal st Bakersfield then last year at univ of Houston
Still young enough if he?s any good
Old 07-14-2023, 12:05 AM   #117
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Braxton Key signing a two-way with Denver

Roster will be thin tomorrow with Hardy and Wright out too
Old 07-14-2023, 12:06 AM   #118
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Yhats good, because He doesn't play like a baby project either.

Old 07-14-2023, 12:28 PM   #119
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Multiple Dallas Mavericks employees think that Olivier-Maxence Prosper will "immediately" be part of the rotation next season, per
@tim_cato
Old 07-14-2023, 12:42 PM   #120
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Multiple Dallas Mavericks employees think that Olivier-Maxence Prosper will "immediately" be part of the rotation next season, per
@tim_cato
I wasn't aware that JKidd had been fired.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote