Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-09-2003, 10:41 PM   #1
Tarzan

Tarzan is on a distinguished road
Default What would it take to get TMac?

If we offered Fin and AW could we get TMac? It would be a good deal for Orlando. TMac can't carry them. They didn't get out of the first round last year and are looking like they will miss the playoffs this year. The Magic are looking like the eastern version of the Timberolves. I know it is still early and they might start playing well enough to make the playoffs. It is still a good deal for them anyway. With Fin & AW they are probably contenders to win the Eastern Conference. Dallas would be improved also. I like the thought of this lineup:

Nash
McGrady
Jamison
Dirk
Bradley

I tried to run this trade through RealGM to see who else would have to be thrown in but the site had so many pop ups that I couldn't get the trade checker to work. What do you think?

PS. This is just an example of why it is great to have the assets the Mavs have.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:46 PM   #2
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: What would it take to get TMac?

salary wise it prob wouldnt work. FIn and Walker both have max deals. Wed prob have to give a ill more and take on some dead money
Old 11-09-2003, 10:51 PM   #3
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:What would it take to get TMac?

they will not give TMAC up
Old 11-09-2003, 11:01 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

It will take Dirk to get T-MAC. And obviously the mavs would never give the guy up. End of Story.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:15 PM   #5
Tarzan

If they don't give him up they will continue to be losers. Sometimes you have to give something good up to get something good in return.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:21 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

With no disrespect to Mike and Antoine intended, I think that the Magic GM would be hung from the rafters if he made this trade.

Old 11-10-2003, 01:05 AM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Look the Magic are never going to trade T-Mac.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:06 AM   #8
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
Look the Magic are never going to trade T-Mac.
I'll second that

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:43 AM   #9
Turkey
Banned

Turkey can only hope to improve

It would take an aquisitation of Brent Barry by trading fortson and tariq. Then trade finely and barry for t-mac.
Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:49 AM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Turkey
It would take an aquisitation of Brent Barry by trading fortson and tariq. Then trade finely and barry for t-mac.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Why would the Sonics trade use Barry for someone who's only made it off the injured reserve for a handful of games the last 3+ years and a lazy, fat, too short powerforward? Neither Fortson nor Tariq are regular contributers for the Mavs and TAW has a really bad contract. So why would the Sonic do this deal for Barry? They could get so much more if they want to get rid of him.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:23 AM   #11
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

put simply, they wouldnt

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 11-10-2003, 03:24 AM   #12
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

and even then my doubts weigh heavily with orlando finding that as fair compensation for Tracy Mcgrady.

Old 11-10-2003, 04:20 AM   #13
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Turkey
Don't you see comedy value in this?
Old 11-10-2003, 11:12 AM   #14
Tarzan

You guys & gals are right, Orlando would never give up TMac. Just like it was supposed to be impossible for the Mavs to make significant trades after the Jamison trade. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 11:21 AM   #15
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

TMac is a top 5 NBA player guys like that don't get traded too often(with Kobe as the possible though I believe that chance is very slim)

Shaq hasn't been traded
Kobe hasn't been traded
Duncan hasn't been traded
KG hasn't been traded

The team might struggle this year, but if they can ever get insurance to take out Hill contracct they will have max money to sign a player in the next couple of years.

Sure nothing is impossible, but if you want him you are going to have to start with Dirk.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #16
Tarzan

Cap space is way overvalued. The NBA champion Spurs had max cap space and were able to land Rasho, Hedo, Carter, Heal, & Mercer in the offseason-not very impressive.

Losing gets old. You don't know what the Magic would be willing to do. I hope that Donnie stays in contact with them.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:34 AM   #17
Tarzan

If the Magic had Dirk instead of TMac they would immediately be contenders in the East. There is no way I would trade Dirk for TMac. Dirk is a playoff tested phenomenon capable of taking over game 7s on a routine basis. IMO, Dirk is undervalued. It cracks me up that people think KG or TMac are better than Dirk. Nether of those guys have ever lead their team to a playoff series win. Some people watch too much Sportscenter.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:49 AM   #18
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I'm not saying I would trade Dirk for Tmac. Absolutely not. I do believe they could get more than Walker/Finley.

As for cap room it helps considerably. It isn't the end all be all, and some teams have been unable to take advantage of it (and of course in the Magics case it isn't guaranteed by any means), but the Magic do have a history of being able to land top talent with their cap room.

Old 11-10-2003, 11:50 AM   #19
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

the spurs salary was not maxed out. They had more room than neone else in the NBA last year
Old 11-10-2003, 12:06 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What would it take to get TMac?
It would take a severe brain freeze by the Mavs.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:11 PM   #21
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I will eat my shorts if T-Mac is traded to the mavs. T-mac has a lot of value, and without T-mac, orlando would pretty much be starting over. REALLY starting over. Guys that are not going anywhere: Duncan, Shaq, Nowitzki, Webber (well, maybe he's going to jail, but that's another matter entirely), T-Mac, Vince Carter. Unless they demand a trade, which is not very likely.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #22
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

This may not be fair to TMac, but I'm not sure I'd do that trade. No doubt he's got crazy skills, but how's his heart? I mean, it stinks having to play for that team, but TMac has not stepped up as a leader. Judging his performance against the t-wolves, he not only didn't score, he wasn't a vocal leader either. I get it he's young, but maybe I'm expecting more from him. Maybe if he were in a better organization, he would shine. However, right now all I see is someone quitting on his team.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:34 PM   #23
grbh
Platinum Member

I think the Mavs would be insane not to make a Walker/Fin for TMac move. Sure you can question leadership abilities, but you are moving two second tier stars on getting fairly close to decline for a superstar. Let's not forget what this guy did last year, and he is only 24 so he likely hasn't quite reached his ceiling

2002-2003

32 Points per game
6 Rebounds
5.3 Assists
46% FG
39% 3's

Old 11-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #24
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road

There are many reasons why this trade won't work.

First, AW and Fin each make about the same as T-Mac. B/c Grant Hill is the only other player making a significant amount of money on the Magic, the Mavs would have to take back several players to make it work. Now, one might ask, why don't the Magic ship Hill and T-Mac here for AW and Fin and start anew. Well, thing is Fin has a player option in 2006 (which he probably won't exercise), but otherwise his contract runs until 2008. They can't build around Fin (and AW). Also, you don't trade one great player for two good (or even very good) players, at least in the NBA (in football you can do that, since you need a lot more players, and each individual player's performance is less important).

Moreover, unless the Magic know something about T-Mac's back other teams don't, they wouldn't trade T-Mac for Dirk straight up (I don't think salaries quite match, but you could throw in a minimum player or two). I could see them *considering* a trade for Dirk and Nash (maybe Fin instead of Nash, even--plus filler, obviously). Don't get me wrong, Dirk's my favorite player, but once you have one of the consensus top 10 players in the NBA (both T-Mac and Dirk are, though T-Mac is more highly regarded), you don't trade them unless you get an offer you can't refuse.

As for your point that no one saw the Walker (or Jamison) trade coming, neither Walker nor Jamison come close to the caliber of player T-Mac is.

Personally, I'd trade any two (maybe even three) players from the Mavs not named Dirk for T-Mac+filler.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:04 PM   #25
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

It would take WAY TOO MUCH to get TMac, he is the heart and soul of our team, the deal to get Dirk would be something like:

McGrady/ Juwan Howard
Nowitzki/ Najera

No way Mavs do this....
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:48 PM   #26
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
It will take Dirk to get T-MAC. And obviously the mavs would never give the guy up. End of Story.
I agree. That's the only way the Magic agree to give up T-Mac.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:26 PM   #27
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
I agree. That's the only way the Magic agree to give up T-Mac.
I doubt either team would be interested in a deal involving Dirk and T-Mac.

So, to answer the original question.....what would it take....the answert is clearly a lot of coke, a case of Jack Daniels, two drunk and coked up GM's and a jar of pickles. Don't ask what the pickles are for but trust me they are very important in the process.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:00 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
I will eat my shorts if T-Mac is traded to the mavs.

interesting...would you eat your shorts for any other reason...or are you just looking for a reason to eat your shorts?! Well ok if you want to go ahead...eat your shorts and have fun while you eat your shorts!

thank you so much, I just set the Dallas-Mavs.com eat your shorts record with five![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:59 PM   #29
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

[quote]
Originally posted by: bogey
Quote:
I doubt either team would be interested in a deal involving Dirk and T-Mac.

So, to answer the original question.....what would it take....the answert is clearly a lot of coke, a case of Jack Daniels, two drunk and coked up GM's and a jar of pickles. Don't ask what the pickles are for but trust me they are very important in the process.
Haha, so true...pickles make the world go round [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 02:45 PM   #30
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Well I was bored and decided to see what I could do on RealGM.

I guess it looks a little short sided for Portland .

Dallas trades: SF Antawn Jamison (22.2 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 39.3 minutes)
SG Michael Finley (19.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.3 minutes)
SF Eduardo Najera (6.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 23.0 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Rasheed Wallace (18.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.3 minutes)
SF Tracy McGrady (32.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 39.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.0 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and +1.7 apg.

Portland trades: PF Rasheed Wallace (18.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.3 minutes)
SG Bonzi Wells (15.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.3 apg in 32.0 minutes)
Portland receives: SG Michael Finley (19.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.0 apg in 69 games)
SF Eduardo Najera (6.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 48 games)
PF Pat Garrity (10.7 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 81 games)
C Andrew DeClercq (4.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 77 games)
Change in team outlook: +8.1 ppg, +6.0 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

Orlando trades: PF Pat Garrity (10.7 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 31.9 minutes)
SF Tracy McGrady (32.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 39.4 minutes)
C Andrew DeClercq (4.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17.2 minutes)
Orlando receives: SF Antawn Jamison (22.2 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 82 games)
SG Bonzi Wells (15.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.3 apg in 75 games)
Change in team outlook: -10.1 ppg, -2.4 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Old 11-11-2003, 02:53 PM   #31
Tarzan

Mr. Q,

Thank you for doing the research. Does that also work with Walker substituted for Jamison?
Old 11-11-2003, 02:59 PM   #32
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Tarzan
Mr. Q,

Thank you for doing the research. Does that also work with Walker substituted for Jamison?
I think it would, but we can't trade Walker right now.l
Old 11-11-2003, 03:29 PM   #33
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Very Nice Fah Q! Its nice to see somebody actually do some homework. We have way to many LETS TRADE SUCH AND SUCH without doing the legwork. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Not to be a homer but that Trade makes the Mavs look Really good. Lineup of Nash, Mcgrady, Walker, Dirk, and Rasheed. Yowsa! The only thing that scares me is Mcgrady is known for his Lack there of in Defense, and not to mention you would still run into the problem of not enough balls for all the shooters. But Damn could we score alot of points.

Portland Might do this trade if they was Truly intent of doing it for the sole purpose of getting rid of the Trouble Makers. If you look at the numbers, they would be getting screwed in Talent alone. One "really" big blow up in Portland and they would be all for this trade.

I think the kicker part of this trade comes down to Orlando. They give up (2) scrubs and Mcgrady, but they get back Jamison and Wells. Right now, Mcgrady is in a bad slump. He is blaming alot of it on the zone and Rivers not adjusting to it on offense with the current group of guys. If Mcgrady's Back starts to go out again and or McGrady keeps complaining about Rivers, either McGrady or Rivers has to go. For the Mavs sake, I hope its McGrady. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 03:34 PM   #34
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

oh yea one more thing, there is always the Trade rumor that surfaces every week about a trade for Kobe and McGrady. Just something to think about as I am sure Orlando could get alot more for Mcgrady than Jamison and Wells. You could pretty much ship any franchise player minus Dirk, Garnett, Shaq, and Duncan to Orlando for McGrady.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 11-11-2003, 04:00 PM   #35
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

I was bored:

Dallas trades: SG Michael Finley (19.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.3 minutes)
PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Tracy McGrady (32.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 39.4 minutes)
SF Grant Hill (14.5 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 4.2 apg in 29.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +7.2 ppg, +0.6 rpg, and +1.9 apg.

Orlando trades: SF Tracy McGrady (32.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 39.4 minutes)
SF Grant Hill (14.5 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 4.2 apg in 29.1 minutes)
Orlando receives: SG Michael Finley (19.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.0 apg in 69 games)
PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 78 games)
Change in team outlook: -7.2 ppg, -0.6 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

Dallas trades: PG Steve Nash (17.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.1 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Tyson Chandler (9.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 24.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -8.5 ppg, +3.9 rpg, and -6.3 apg.

Chicago trades: SF Eddie Robinson (5.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 21.2 minutes)
C Tyson Chandler (9.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 24.4 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (11.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.3 apg in 21.3 minutes)
Chicago receives: SF Tracy McGrady (32.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 75 games)
Change in team outlook: +5.5 ppg, -9.1 rpg, and +2.2 apg.

Orlando receives: PG Steve Nash (17.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 82 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 64 games)
PF Marcus Fizer (11.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.3 apg in 38 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.0 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and +4.1 apg.

Cleveland trades: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (17.2 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.1 minutes)
C LeBron James (17.2 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.1 minutes)
Cleveland receives: SF Tracy McGrady (32.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 39.4 minutes)
PF Drew Gooden (12.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 26.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +27.4 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and +5.1 apg.

PF Drew Gooden (12.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 26.8 minutes)
Orlando receives: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 78 games)
PG Steve Nash (17.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 82 games)
Change in team outlook: -6.8 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and +5.4 apg.

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 41.5 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (17.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.1 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (17.2 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 81 games)
C LeBron James (17.2 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 81 games)
Change in team outlook: -20.6 ppg, -2.6 rpg, and -10.5 apg.

Old 11-11-2003, 05:26 PM   #36
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Nice work Umm, but your post just reminded me why trade talk always gives me tired-head. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:50 AM   #37
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Man I have to be one of the few people on this board that Really hates to start a New Topic, so I am just going to post it here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Dallas Trades Antoine Walker to Seattle for Ray Allen.

But we only do this at the trade deadline IF Walker isn't going into the mix here in Dallas. It would also depend IF Murray becomes the stud that he is looking like he will be.

Dallas could than have a starting lineup of Nash, Allen, Jamison, Dirk, and Bradley as the starters with Finley coming off the bench. You could also have a lineup of Nash, Allen, Finley, Jamison, and Dirk as the Center. I like Ray Allens shooting, and I might be wrong on this but I think he used to play pretty good D, but it was in the East. Not to mention that Allen's contract is up this summer, so it would free up alot of Money for Nash and it would keep Cuban not so Quite over the Cap. lol

Seattle would do this trade as they could keep Murray in the starting lineup and they would ONLY do this trade if Murray and Allen complain about not getting enough minutes. They could start a lineup of Barry, Murray, Lewis, Walker, and Radmanovic. That would be a pretty darn good team and could definately make a run for the playoffs.

What do you think?

Old 11-12-2003, 11:58 AM   #38
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ummmmm Ok
Man I have to be one of the few people on this board that Really hates to start a New Topic, so I am just going to post it here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Dallas Trades Antoine Walker to Seattle for Ray Allen.

But we only do this at the trade deadline IF Walker isn't going into the mix here in Dallas. It would also depend IF Murray becomes the stud that he is looking like he will be.

Dallas could than have a starting lineup of Nash, Allen, Jamison, Dirk, and Bradley as the starters with Finley coming off the bench. You could also have a lineup of Nash, Allen, Finley, Jamison, and Dirk as the Center. I like Ray Allens shooting, and I might be wrong on this but I think he used to play pretty good D, but it was in the East. Not to mention that Allen's contract is up this summer, so it would free up alot of Money for Nash and it would keep Cuban not so Quite over the Cap. lol

Seattle would do this trade as they could keep Murray in the starting lineup and they would ONLY do this trade if Murray and Allen complain about not getting enough minutes. They could start a lineup of Barry, Murray, Lewis, Walker, and Radmanovic. That would be a pretty darn good team and could definately make a run for the playoffs.

What do you think?
I think that this would immensely hurt our rebounding and Defense but possibly give us a much better shooting team. Is that what we want?

Old 11-12-2003, 08:57 PM   #39
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

We have a team full of shooters... I say no on this

Old 11-13-2003, 10:26 AM   #40
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

how about finley and walker for t-mac and hill?

the orlando gm would probably still be criticized... but taking hill off their hands helps soothe it for them...

and for us, hill still has some years left in him... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]