Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-27-2008, 12:29 PM   #81
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't reject a Ron Artest trade. But, yes I hope you are right about Josh Smith.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #82
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Well, since we aren't a Western Conference power, we're out of the Josh Smith sweepstakes.

Lakers - maybe, a package including Odumb
Hornets - no, West/Paul/Chandler are untouchable
Spurs - no, Duncan/Parker/Manu are untouchable
Rockets - unlikely, only if Tmac is included
Jazz - maybe, a package including AK
Suns - maybe, a package including Diaw/Barbosa
Mavs - maybe, a package including Howard
Nuggets - no, Iverson and Bibby play the same position
The only reason I take heed in this rumor is because Marc Stein hinted that the Mavs are waiting in the Josh Smith sweepstakes.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #83
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
The only reason I take heed in this rumor is because Marc Stein hinted that the Mavs are waiting in the Josh Smith sweepstakes.
Exactly...that's why I think they might be one of the players involved. Stein has a good pulse on the Mavs, so even the rumors or anything kind of flimsy has some weight behind it if it's coming from him. Right when news started in the offseason they said they were interested in Smith. Things have played out, and probably working as they hoped. They had the Artest deal come, and maybe they like it but they like Smith more and are holding out for that deal. Howard is expendable in either deal probably, but they want to hold out for the bigger player, in their mind.

Then the next phase, mentioned I guess within the past week is with Donnie saying they are just taking a patient course and see what happens with certain situations. I think Dallas is still a player for Smith...
Old 07-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #84
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

I think it has to be the mavs involved, cause they can offer younger players like a jho/b.bass in return. getting back older players on a younger team wouldn't make sense, only other team i think could pull something off is the Suns with Diaw and/or barbosa going to the Hawks

Last edited by TomThaMavsFan; 07-27-2008 at 01:43 PM.
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #85
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

reading the realgm hawks board, they think it's Dallas or the Lakers as the West team. They are hoping it's Denver or maybe even Portland but they think it's Dallas or LA.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #86
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd do Howard for Smith in a second. The reason is because Smith would fit with Kidd like white on rice, and he is only 22. It's never too early to secure a future, and the Mavs would accomplish that with Smith.

Add on his defense, rebounding and even improved passing and yeah...I'm game.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #87
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
We didn't reject a Ron Artest trade. But, yes I hope you are right about Josh Smith.
I meant the Josh Howard for Ron Artest swap that was apparently on the table but we rejected.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #88
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Can I get excited about this?
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #89
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
Can I get excited about this?
Millions of children get excited about Santa Claus every year and he's not real either - knock yourself out...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #90
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Millions of children get excited about Santa Claus every year and he's not real either - knock yourself out...

HEY. There are some 12 year olds on the board who may not know if SC is real or not..thanks for giving it away you jerk
Old 07-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #91
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Smith

2005/2006: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q4IJN7Nj1Dk
2006/2007: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IeYDAYeqVbM, http://youtube.com/watch?v=ocaatPvI90k, http://youtube.com/watch?v=7iC2m75Xbo8
2007/2008: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nVZFVtSu8ug, http://youtube.com/watch?v=EkrdGYzX0DE

"you can't teach what Josh Smith has"

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 07-27-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #92
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Just got back in town late last night and read this rumor first thing this morning. Pretty much the best news I've heard in a looooong time if we indeed are the reported team.

This could be either very good or very very bad. If Smith goes to another big-time contender in the West I don't know what I'll do.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:33 AM   #93
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
HEY. There are some 12 year olds on the board who may not know if SC is real or not..thanks for giving it away you jerk

WOAH TIME OUT I AM NOT 12!!!

Wait what santa's not real?
Thats a lie i saw him at the mall last christmas
Old 07-28-2008, 08:50 PM   #94
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Anybody have access to the ESPN Insider article about the offers the Hawks have recieved?

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #95
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely would..... if Atlanta was at all interested, Smoove would already have been introduced though.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #96
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOutWest
Anybody have access to the ESPN Insider article about the offers the Hawks have recieved?
Posted it in the other topic about this in the Around The NBA section.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #97
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Ok so I did the math and it wouldn't be hard for us to do a sign and trade with Atlanta.

Howard is slated to make 9.9 next season.....so if Smith wants a deal starting at 13, cut in half for BYC that is 6. Speedy Claxton is slated to make 5 mil next season so he would have to be included in the deal.

Howard and Bass for Smith and Claxton would do it. Could probably even throw in Eddie Jones for good mesaure.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #98
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ok so I did the math and it wouldn't be hard for us to do a sign and trade with Atlanta.

Howard is slated to make 9.9 next season.....so if Smith wants a deal starting at 13, cut in half for BYC that is 6. Speedy Claxton is slated to make 5 mil next season so he would have to be included in the deal.

Howard and Bass for Smith and Claxton would do it. Could probably even throw in Eddie Jones for good mesaure.
That's probably the deal we have on the table. Now it's just wait and see what they want to do.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #99
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Posted it in the other topic about this in the Around The NBA section.
Thank you.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #100
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Could probably even throw in Eddie Jones for good mesaure.
Yes, please.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #101
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Lakers Interested in S&T for Josh Smith?

Posted: 7/29/2008 5:48:00 AM
Source: SportingNews.com

Pulling off a sign-and-trade, of course, means taking back salary roughly the equivalent of the first year of the signee's new contract. The Hawks could make a deal that would send Smith away - perhaps to the Los Angeles Lakers for Lamar Odom, one of the rumored deals out there -- here's what Atlanta would really be getting in that case: one year of Odom, at $14.5 million. His contract is up after this year, and the Hawks would probably lose Odom next summer.

If they keep Smith, they will either force him to reduce his salary demands or force him to accept a one-year tender offer. Because Smith was a fairly low draft pick (No. 17), his one-year deal would be just $3.1 million. Why trade Smith away for one year of Odom at $14.5 million when you could keep Smith for one year at $3.1 million?

Sure, a ticked-off Smith might not be good for team chemistry. But Odom would be ticked off about such a trade, too. He'd be much more expensive, and it does not seem that the Hawks are keen on throwing money around at this point. It's hard to see how a sign-and-trade would work here

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #102
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Let's calm down those Josh Smith rumors a little.

Josh Smith update: There have been some reports about sign-and-trade scenarios for Hawks restricted free agent Josh Smith. There's simply no market for him at the moment, according to a person familiar with the situation. Atlanta officials have received exactly one phone call about Smith, and those talks are old news and didn't last very long. (I checked, and the Knicks have not inquired about him, nor would they have any sane reason to given that they are in serious cost-cutting mode.) Newsday
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #103
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Browser was acting up.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-29-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #104
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Browser was acting up.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-29-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #105
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Ah well....I'd still be shocked if the Mavs weren't at least interested.

Edit: There is a second part to that rumor though Mavswillhaverings

Quote:
The Hawks have a multi-year offer on the table for Smith that is pushing $60 million, according to a source. Smith's camp is hoping to find something better in a sign-and-trade and may very well drag out the impasse all the way through September, as the agents for Luol Deng and Ben Gordon did last season. Good luck!

The Atlanta-Journal's Sekou Smith seems to think it is a point of no return for Smith to Atlanta....

Quote:
Someone asked me yesterday if the Hawks have passed the point of no return with Josh Smith to get something done. I have a feeling they have. But I can’t say that for sure, and that’s why I’m working overtime to find out.

And yes Clint, I’m making every effort to get in touch with Smith (who is not in Atlanta this summer) and will most certainly report on his situation from his perspective when I can. But it’s not easy to get in touch with these players during times like these.

They have every reason to avoid the media during negotiations, for fear of the repercussions of anything they might say (notice the lack of comment from all these restricted agents until a deal is done).
Quote:
Nothing has changed, however, on those potential sign-and-trades I mentioned Saturday. There are still a number of them in circulation, the specifics of which I can’t speak on because like all sign-and-trades, they’re in the conversation stage and nobody wants to admit what they’re doing behind closed doors.

And nothing has changed on an expected DOR (date of resolution) between the Hawks and Smith. We’re steaming toward the middle of August, the usual time for the Hawks to wrap up their summer business.

So don’t lose your edge now. We’ve got a few more weeks of this back and forth.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-29-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #106
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Josh Smith was 2nd in the league in blocks last year and 16th in steals (2nd on the Mav's behind Jkidd). He is a perfect inside/out complement to Dirk (he gets 3.4 assists per game). And only 22. With him and Diop on the frontline, no one will want to get within 10 feet of the hoop.

Get er done Mav's.

Last edited by Eman; 07-29-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #107
BGMaverick9
Guru

Howard/Bass/EJ for Smith/Claxton works for me, I'll take that deal.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #108
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
Howard/Bass/EJ for Smith/Claxton works for me, I'll take that deal.
In less than half of a second.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #109
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I emailed Mark Cuban the trade idea.

Haha I wonder if that still works...

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-29-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #110
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
I emailed Mark Cuban the trade idea.

Haha I wonder if that still works...
"still"?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #111
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Do you have a link? I tried it and got a maeler demon.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #112
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Mark used to reply emails personally. Probably an automated system now...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #113
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
I remember Mark used to reply emails personally. Probably an automated system now...
*Sorry, I can't come to the phone right now. I am at the Cubs game.*

Contact Me
Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #114
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

My second email went through.

All I have to say is, if Cuban doesn't get Smith then he will be under tremendous pressure to do something. You can't just stand pat and spin anymore BS.

The team is in trouble.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #115
alby
Guru

4th best team in the division
8-10th best team in the conference

Contact Me
Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #116
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Old 07-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #117
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
We like our team.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #118
chanaw25

chanaw25 will become famous soon enough

If we can pull off a deal of Howard and EJ for Josh Smith and Claxton, what do you think about using Stack and Bass to bring in JR Smith or Ben Gordon.(i'd prefer Smith because gordon is basically the same player as Terry)

Team Depth
Diop/Damp/(Magloire)
Dirk/Singleton
J. Smith/Green/Wright
JR. Smith/Terry
Kidd/Claxton/JJB

small ball

Dirk
J.Smith
JR smith
Terry
Kidd

Why deals could happen
both players are in contract disputes with their respective teams and it would be the same type of situation as getting josh smith. ive been reading that all JR smith is looking for is a little above an MLE deal (something between 6-7 mil) but Denver doesn't want to give him the deal for some reason. and then Gordon wants a ten mil a year deal but chicago doesnt want to give him that and are shopping a sign and trade because the restricted free agent tag basically means nothing when gordon is openly eyeing the euro leagues.

Extra Moves
If that all works out sign a vet min bigman to play scrub minutes at center and power forward (maybe bring back magloire and see what he can do with playing time.)

Rotation
Then Terry ofcourse would take most of the back up minutes at Pg/Sg leaving claxton and JJB to fight for any left over minutes at PG and Wright/Green to fight for leftover minutes at Sg and to play backup SF. and singleton would take on backup Pf minutes with our vet min bigman and the center situation is fine unless we get in fowl trouble so i suggest a bigman who can play center minutes as well.

Injury

If any inguries occured we would still have a pretty solid lineup no matter what position had the injury. Basically we could put Terry in at either guard position and move the other players accordingly. J.Smith can play PF/SF Jr smith can play SF/SG and Terry can play SG/PG and all can do it well.

so i think that the Jr smith move would work well for us if we acquired J.smith. but now with that being said the mavericks aren't goint to get josh smith they are just going to go out and get Ben Gordon for Howard or something stupid like that and call it an offseason.

Last edited by chanaw25; 07-29-2008 at 09:17 PM.
chanaw25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #119
CanadianMavsFan

Well, since Donnie Nelson is a complete and utter moron, we won't be addressing the Josh Howard problem or our SG problem. What is so confusing about all this is, the front office actually intends to keep all of these mediocre wing players they were stacking up. It's unbelievable.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:16 PM   #120
BGMaverick9
Guru

chanaw25, let's just worry about ONE deal right now....