Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-05-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't understand any of that. Your nerd was too loud.

In all seriousness - Young has shown in the past that he can be rather respectable against RHPs (as you pointed out, see 2009). Regarding defense, his problem is RANGE. RANGE. His RANGE wouldn't be nearly as exposed at 1B as it would anywhere else in the field. He is fine with his glove and if in front of the ball he can make the catch. He wouldn't be a gold glove caliber guy there but he wouldn't kill you either, as he has at 3B for the past couple of years.
I think well add Young's D to Youngs bat as something we simply disagree on. As for having shown an ability to be respectable, Napoli has had a season where he was very very good against righties too(2008). 270/364/590 were his numbers that year vs righties and his career woba vs righties is exactly the same at .344
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In all seriousness - Young has shown in the past that he can be rather respectable against RHPs (as you pointed out, see 2009). Regarding defense, his problem is RANGE. RANGE. His RANGE wouldn't be nearly as exposed at 1B as it would anywhere else in the field. He is fine with his glove and if in front of the ball he can make the catch. He wouldn't be a gold glove caliber guy there but he wouldn't kill you either, as he has at 3B for the past couple of years.
This is exactly what everyone was saying when he moved to third. Even people that were very critical (rightly so) of his defense at shortstop felt he would be an average or better defensive third baseman because of his arm and his hands.

And then we found out that it wasn't just his speed that killed him, it was his quickness and reaction time. He's just not a good defensive player, and I'm not sure how anyone could watch him play third for two year and be so confident that he'd be able to dig out balls in the dirt and stop screamers from lefties (which admittedly would happen a lot less often then screamers from righties at third).

I strongly suspect that Young, if even here this seasons, is not going to be playing much first base at all, unless Moreland or Napoli gets hurt or sucks.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounding more and more that this argument is moot. Rosenthal has a source saying Young could be traded by Monday, and Victor Rojas says he's hearing it's going to happen.

This is going to be really fascinating if it happens.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-05-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Sounding more and more that this argument is moot. Rosenthal has a source saying Young could be traded by Monday, and Victor Rojas says he's hearing it's going to happen.

This is going to be really fascinating if it happens.
Yup - sorry, I didn't see you point this out before posting the last comment. Bottom line, Warsh will be forced to play Napoli or Murphy a lot more instead of the face of the franchise. We have likely lost a bit of our pop from last year, but we should get on base more and, as a result, hopefully drive in more runs.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Based on the events of today, and what Mike and the team have been saying, I'm not sure how anyone could still believe that the plan was to give Mike a healthy amount of starts at 1B.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #6
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Based on the events of today, and what Mike and the team have been saying, I'm not sure how anyone could still believe that the plan was to give Mike a healthy amount of starts at 1B.
What a silly thing to say. Michael Young changed his mind on the entire setup of being [HowCanIEmphasizeThisEnough]primarily[/HowCanIEmphasizeThisEnough] a DH due to it affecting his next paycheck. Period.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 02-08-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Right, because he wasn't going to play the field much. Which is what I've been saying.

Whatever, it's a silly argument, especially at this point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 02-08-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Right, because he wasn't going to play the field much. Which is what I've been saying.

Whatever, it's a silly argument, especially at this point.
25 percent at 1B isn't much, I will give you that, but it is more than you come off assuming he would get, and is what I suggested he would get just a couple of posts ago. He just knows spending more than half of his time at DH is going to hurt his ability to land another big contract after looking around at what happened to so many other DH-primary guys this off season. 40 games at 1B and 10 games at 2B/3B would have been 60 games in the field. That is far more than you seem to see him getting but still too few to keep his value where he wants it. So no, my argument is NOT what you have been saying.

You are right about one thing though - this is silly to even be discussing at this point. He is so gone... FYI - you can search the LSB threads for URLs so you won't repost articles in the future.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:02 AM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
You are right about one thing though - this is silly to even be discussing at this point. He is so gone... FYI - you can search the LSB threads for URLs so you won't repost articles in the future.
You know, I thought I had read that entire thread. But apparently I skipped that entire section. Certainly a big fail on my part.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Will Rangers fans give Young the Nash treatment?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
He's certainly not doing himself any favors right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Chum, please tell me you aren't siding with this jackass. You need to read the most recent thread over at LSB.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:14 AM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chum, please tell me you aren't siding with this jackass. You need to read the most recent thread over at LSB.
No, not at all. In fact, I hadn't even thought about it. Just wondering about repercussions with the fans, that's all.

I'm not positive how to get the thread at LSB, but I'm curious. What's the takeaway?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
No, not at all. In fact, I hadn't even thought about it. Just wondering about repercussions with the fans, that's all.

I'm not positive how to get the thread at LSB, but I'm curious. What's the takeaway?
OK - fair enough.

www.lonestarball.com (last two threads - a LOT of reading)

Takeaway? Dude is a fake leader, cry baby, douche, and overall scum bag for turning his back on this team considering the acquisitions that cost him his precious time at 3B (and to a lesser degree, 1B) were done to make a WS loser a potential WS winner. I highly recommend you read it all just because it shows all of the flaws in his judgment. Good riddance to this Fer.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

This just goes to show that professional athletes are all alike. He isn't acting any worse than Emmitt did after winning the first Superbowl -- holding out and such. They don't get to the top without massive ego's -- then the ego gets in the way every time.

MY is what he is -- an average player now, being paid like a Superstar. He is Antoine Walker now. If he keeps going, he will be just like Antoine and out of the league in just a few short years - after several trades.

I hate that it has come to this, but it sure seems like this is exactly what it is.

** Note: I will admit that it makes Dirk seem to be very different in turning down money, etc though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
This just goes to show that professional athletes are all alike. He isn't acting any worse than Emmitt did after winning the first Superbowl -- holding out and such. They don't get to the top without massive ego's -- then the ego gets in the way every time.

MY is what he is -- an average player now, being paid like a Superstar. He is Antoine Walker now. If he keeps going, he will be just like Antoine and out of the league in just a few short years - after several trades.

I hate that it has come to this, but it sure seems like this is exactly what it is.

** Note: I will admit that it makes Dirk seem to be very different in turning down money, etc though.
I certainly get your point here, but I would be careful in lumping Smith with Young. Smith put up a HELL of a year that led to him wanting a raise and, while I fully understand the "well if you have a down year can I renegotiate with you to take more money back" thought process, he didn't want to be traded and actually was a tremendous player. Young has none of those things going for him right now. He is not a tremendous player (never was) but he strongly believes he is. That is a dangerous situation for any team to be in and it is finally blowing up in our face.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I certainly get your point here, but I would be careful in lumping Smith with Young. Smith put up a HELL of a year that led to him wanting a raise and, while I fully understand the "well if you have a down year can I renegotiate with you to take more money back" thought process, he didn't want to be traded and actually was a tremendous player. Young has none of those things going for him right now. He is not a tremendous player (never was) but he strongly believes he is. That is a dangerous situation for any team to be in and it is finally blowing up in our face.
I agree with you but ill add to it. I will NEVER complain about a football player holding out. They are COMPLETELY different scenarios. For one, in football if you have a bad year, they can simply cut you and not pay you at all/bring you back much cheaper. Nearly everyone forgets that when TO held out after his first season with the Eagles when he held out his only request was that the Eagles guarantee his contract. Football is such a violent game and the risk of injuries are so great that you simply have to get what you can while you can. As for the specific case of Emmitt vs Young, its a laughable comparison for a variety of reasons. Michael Young has never been a great player. Emmitt Smith is one of the ten best players in the history of the NFL. Emmitt held out after being offered a 4 year 9 million dollar contract when he was the best running back in the nfl and the most important player on a superbowl team(you could make an argument for irvin being as important as him to be fair). He also did not have a contract at the time he was holding out and had only made 3 million dollars in his career which meant he was rich but nowhere near wealthy. Michael Young on the other hand DOES have a contract, has negative value due to that ludicrous contract and is set for the rest of his life pretty much no matter what he does. The situations simply arent the same at all and to compare them is lunacy.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #18
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

I just have to stick my head in to randomly say YES!!!!!!!!! I just found out that I got every single game that I requested a month ago when I renewed my season mini plan from last year (it is 20 games instead of 16). It took me awhile to choose exactly what games I wanted because there were several things I wanted to accomplish. My first priority was getting opening day (which I did!) because I've never been to opening day before. Opening day is like a holiday and going to it will be amazing. Next, I wanted a lot of premier games: ones against the Red Sox and Yankees. And I got three Red Sox and two Yankees games. I also wanted a good share of Wednesday games because dollar hot dog night kicks major ***. And I'm not even a huge hot dog fan. But it's the best deal every year at the ballpark. Half of my 20 games are on Wednesdays. Next, I wanted the games to be pretty well spread out. Every month has no less than three games and no more than four. Mission: accomplished. Next, I wanted to get every division team at least twice. Got the Angels three times, and the Mariners and A's twice. Another mission accomplished. I also wanted a lot of variety. So while I did want repeats with the AL West, the Red Sox, and the Yankees...the rest of my schedule is compiled of a lot of random teams that might only come to the ballpark once during the season. And lastly, I had to mix in some interleague action, which of course includes an Astros game.

And after all that, this was my final result:

Fri April 1: Red Sox
Wed April 6: Mariners
Wed April 20: Angels

Fri May 6 : Yankees
Sat May 7: Yankees
Wed May 11: Athletics
Sat May 14: Angels

Wed June 8: Tigers
Wed June 22: Astros
Sat June 25: Mets

Wed July 6: Orioles
Fri July 22: Blue Jays
Wed July 27: Twins

Mon Aug 22: Red Sox
Wed Aug 24: Red Sox
Sat Aug 27: Angels
Wed Aug 31: Rays

Fri Sept 9: Athletics
Wed Sept 14: Indians
Sun Sept 25: Mariners
Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
I just have to stick my head in to randomly say YES!!!!!!!!! I just found out that I got every single game that I requested a month ago when I renewed my season mini plan from last year (it is 20 games instead of 16). It took me awhile to choose exactly what games I wanted because there were several things I wanted to accomplish. My first priority was getting opening day (which I did!) because I've never been to opening day before. Opening day is like a holiday and going to it will be amazing. Next, I wanted a lot of premier games: ones against the Red Sox and Yankees. And I got three Red Sox and two Yankees games. I also wanted a good share of Wednesday games because dollar hot dog night kicks major ***. And I'm not even a huge hot dog fan. But it's the best deal every year at the ballpark. Half of my 20 games are on Wednesdays. Next, I wanted the games to be pretty well spread out. Every month has no less than three games and no more than four. Mission: accomplished. Next, I wanted to get every division team at least twice. Got the Angels three times, and the Mariners and A's twice. Another mission accomplished. I also wanted a lot of variety. So while I did want repeats with the AL West, the Red Sox, and the Yankees...the rest of my schedule is compiled of a lot of random teams that might only come to the ballpark once during the season. And lastly, I had to mix in some interleague action, which of course includes an Astros game.

And after all that, this was my final result:

Fri April 1: Red Sox
Wed April 6: Mariners
Wed April 20: Angels

Fri May 6 : Yankees
Sat May 7: Yankees
Wed May 11: Athletics
Sat May 14: Angels

Wed June 8: Tigers
Wed June 22: Astros
Sat June 25: Mets

Wed July 6: Orioles
Fri July 22: Blue Jays
Wed July 27: Twins

Mon Aug 22: Red Sox
Wed Aug 24: Red Sox
Sat Aug 27: Angels
Wed Aug 31: Rays

Fri Sept 9: Athletics
Wed Sept 14: Indians
Sun Sept 25: Mariners
What was your final price?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #20
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
What was your final price?
It was $100 per seat, and with other charges it came out to a total of about I think $230 or so? Not quite as cheap as last season when it was about $140 total for 16 games. But still 1000000000% worth it because it's still cheap and considering the perks that come with it.

Last edited by mavspwnage; 02-08-2011 at 08:48 AM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #21
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
It was $100 per seat, and with other charges it came out to a total of about I think $230 or so? Not quite as cheap as last season when it was about $140 total for 16 games. But still 1000000000% worth it because it's still cheap and considering the perks that come with it.
I assume you mean $10 per seat. Sounds good - nice game schedule.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #22
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
I assume you mean $10 per seat. Sounds good - nice game schedule.
I meant total for 20 games. 20 games for one seat was $100. But I guess I shouldn't have put it that way, because unlike last year not all the games are in the same seats. They are scattered among 3 or 4 different locations (all between section 340 and 343). That was the small price to pay for using the fan's choice plan.

It comes out to exactly $5 per seat before other fees.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #23
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Young is so butthurt, and I am so pissed at the guy... I really wish BG and I were doing a Rangers podcast tonight instead. I am amazed at this.

Here's a guy who two years ago, thought he was above the career path in the field of guys like A-Rod and Ripken.. and now he's shitting on the idea of following the path of a Paul Molitor.

When in reality he is a solid tier and a half below those guys (if not more) in talent.

This is what happens when you get to be a big fish in a small pond for your whole career, and the front office surrounds you with so many jerks and roid cases that you're the "face of the franchise" by default.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #24
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

^ well said.

he's just being a baby. maybe they can talk him into a pay cut so he can go.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

WOW!

*applauds*
Old 02-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
WOW!

*applauds*
Those are NOT lukewarm sports opinions!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #27
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

LOVE IT.

This article was pretty much what I was saying - MY believes his own hype, and somehow is exempt from the COMMON condition of moving infield positions as you age. And he's a poorer fielder and not the hitter of some of the guys listed in that article.

Last edited by Rhylan; 02-10-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #28
mavspwnage
Golden Member

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/tex...-year-deal.ece

YES!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #29
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:

Ditto
Old 02-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Six exclamation points?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #31
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Six exclamation points?
Well I originally had five and was about to hit submit. But it didn't look right so I added one more.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:16 AM   #32
mavspwnage
Golden Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6-ks_UP988
Old 02-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #33
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

From Warsh... Just saying...

* He does not plan on working Young out in the outfield as a possible right-handed OF option. He likes Mitch Moreland in that fifth OF role for now and wants Young getting used to first base and the rest of the infield.

* The manager said Young's a good enough athlete that he can make all the plays at first. Washington said Young needs to work on where he needs to be in terms of the various situations -- runners on base, cut off positioning, bunt plays. So that's what the focus will be as he works out there this spring.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #34
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Gotta love coach-speak.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #35
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Gotta love coach-speak.
I wonder if you still play this off if Warsh says "Young will get next to no time at first."

My bet? You would have posted it before me.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #36
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Cmon that's what it was. Young is athletic enough to make all the plays?

The rest if it is relevant enough. Seems to backup your opinion. Ill be curious to see how much time Mitch actually gets in the outfield.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-21-2011, 01:17 AM   #37
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Cmon that's what it was. Young is athletic enough to make all the plays?

The rest if it is relevant enough. Seems to backup your opinion. Ill be curious to see how much time Mitch actually gets in the outfield.
Wanna make the bet, or not?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #38
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

What were we betting again? 40 games started at first? Was there something on the line or just pride?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #39
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
What were we betting again? 40 games started at first? Was there something on the line or just pride?
1 million dollars.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
1 million dollars.
Barring significant injury to Moreland or two outfielders, yes I think MY starts less than 40 games at first base. I take that bet, for one million fake dollars.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game