Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2001, 05:28 AM   #1
Tarzan

Tarzan is on a distinguished road

I hope the Mavs send the Jazz off to the glue factory tonight. I wonder if Stockton and Malone will come back next season if they lose tonight.
Old 05-03-2001, 08:14 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i hope the mavs win, but...it's going to be a tough game, utah has alot of pride and will come out strong.
i do pick the mavs to somehow pull it out down the stretch, but, i'm very cautiously optimistic
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 08:40 AM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I see the Jazz coming out fired up and putting a hurtin on the Mavs early. If we can sustain there early rush, I like are chances alot better. But...

Mavs 91
Jazz 107

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 08:50 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

ouch, negativity from rob
that can't be good for the mavs chances
Old 05-03-2001, 09:09 AM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I want to be optimistic, but I also have to be realistic. This was the same position the Kings were in with the Jazz a year ago. I know one thing, we HAVE to limit our mistakes!!!!! If we don't, we'll lose. If we can limit our mistakes then I like our chances. Believe it or not, JUWAN has to be big tonight. We need 30 point performances from Dirk and Fin, and a 20 point performance from Juwan and we need NASH to match whatever intensity Stockton puts out. If Stockton scores 20 points and has 12 assists, Nash needs to do the same!!! Then we need Bradley to just do what he's been doing! If that happens, we're golden!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:13 AM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

But if Juwan is getting significant touches, then we are playing into the style of game that Utah prefers. We can't beat them in a half-court grinder game. Hell, we came close to losing game 3 because we didn't run as much in the second half of that game. Juwan can be (and should be) invisible for us tonite. Except his ass better get 10 rebounds.

Just run baby!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 09:20 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

i agree to an extent mffl, juwan needs to run the floor, which he's good at.
he needs to get limited touches offensively which is what a 4th option should get.
he needs to crash the boards. 10 shots from juwan is about right against the jazz
get the ball to the play makers, nash, finley and dirk.
if juwan will flash to the basket when one of them have the ball, he'll get some open looks.
he can be very valuable for the mavs tonight, he just has to play a smart game
Old 05-03-2001, 11:23 AM   #8
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

My point is limited touches would be good, but if he's busting his ass on the boards, he should be getting some offensive rebounds and getting fouled getting to the free throw line. I don't like the fact that Dirk was really the only Maverick to consistently get to the line. That HAS to change in this game. It really does. Juwan can do that, if he gets his ass on the offensive boards.
Old 05-03-2001, 12:36 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

i don't care about juwan getting to the free throw line too much, i just want him to get to the boards
Old 05-03-2001, 06:36 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Stockton and Malone doing what they do best..only this time they're doing it on the court.

djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 06:37 PM   #11
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

LOL
Old 05-03-2001, 06:39 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone wanna have a go as to what the caption should say?
Old 05-03-2001, 06:44 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

Gosh you have a big Wang!
Old 05-03-2001, 08:13 PM   #14
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

About Malone quitting if the Jazz lose tonight:
I don´t see that. I guess Malone will be playing until 2010 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Gosh I hate him but you have to give him this:
He´s the real man of steel.
Again I really hate to admit that but for a man that was suposedly done after the 96 finals loss Malone is still pretty alive (Stockton too).
I hope that this is not the true tonight though...

Mavs in 5 !!!
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 08:47 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

WHOOOOOOOOO GO MAVVVVVSSSSS!!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 08:56 PM   #16
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Games´not goin good for us.
Only Finley is there, 2 bullshit calls on Dirk,
and way too much Howard so far.
Go Mavs!!!
also sit down Eisley please...
Old 05-03-2001, 09:07 PM   #17
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fuck we don´t look good...
we´ll need something out of Dirk, Nash and Bradley in the second half.
Go Mavs !!!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:08 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

That bs foul on Dirk really hurt us offensively [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2001, 09:10 PM   #19
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fuck Bullshit calls...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2001, 09:12 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

Dammit this is getting ridiculous! Russell just took down Bradley..how the hell did Bradley get called for the foul?!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:16 PM   #21
Fidel
Diamond Member

Oh my,
I´m so sick of it
if it was another team I could take it better
but it´s always the same with those fuckin Jazz...

Go Mavs !!!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:16 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

Pathetic pathetic half [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2001, 09:20 PM   #23
Fidel
Diamond Member

Also great job by Juwan on the boards again (sarcasm)
We have 15 total and only 4 assists.
No way we win it that way...
Old 05-03-2001, 09:21 PM   #24
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

It's not a case where the refs are controlling the game (except for Dirk's chicken fouls) or because Utah is playing halfway decent, but our guys are tight and are not flowing well. I hate having to lose a game because stupid plays, turnovers and indecision. Let's see what happens in the second half, but if Nash doesn't get his shooting touch back and if Nowitzki gets in additional foul trouble, it's over....Go Mavs....
Old 05-03-2001, 09:27 PM   #25
Fidel
Diamond Member

Yeah but sometimes it´s not about free throw or foul stats.
The way the refs took Dirk out of the game they made significant impact on the game.
But of course it was a bad half by the Mavs in pretty much every other aspect of the game too...

Go Mavs !!!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:30 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

Wow I didn't know the game was being aired on both KSTR and TNT! I liked Barkley's analysis of the first half, on how the refs are scared of the crowd and that's why the Mavs are getting all these crap calls! The guy just cracks me up sometimes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2001, 09:30 PM   #27
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

Even Barkley on TNT at the half said that the refs suck and that we don't stand a chance against them. He said that we're getting screwed because the refs are intimidated by the crowd. At least it's not us whining about the refs and somebody has the balls to say on national TV.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 09:33 PM   #28
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I just love Barkley as a commentator. Ernie, Kenny, and Charles are by far the best group of commentators on any channel and any sport. Those guys are worth staying up for just to see what they say.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:36 PM   #29
dallaslaker

As much as I like Barkley, I HATE DANNY AINGE!! Is there a bigger puss out there!! I hated him when he played for the celtics and I can't stand him when he's on the mic!!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:38 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

Three quick fouls so far in the third. Mavs really need to take advantage of this.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:39 PM   #31
Fidel
Diamond Member

I´m watching on german pay tv and they don´t have a clue...
Props to Barkley
hehe the refs heard it.
3 quick calls on the Marshall
Go Mavs
Old 05-03-2001, 09:41 PM   #32
dallaslaker

"the first half was a war".. Ainge. No, the first half was damn FLOP FEST!! Get it straight!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:42 PM   #33
djb
Administrator

I'm sick of listening to the TNT crew..switching to Jim 'n Bob.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:42 PM   #34
dallaslaker

YES! YES! YES! CALL THAT 5TH FOUL!!

Free throw line, here we come!!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:43 PM   #35
djb
Administrator

I hope Dirk wipes that damn smirk off Russell's face!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:43 PM   #36
djb
Administrator

Dammit..Dirk just picked up his fourth [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2001, 09:44 PM   #37
Fidel
Diamond Member

They did it again
takin Dirk out of the game
yeah he got a little dangerous there
now quick give him his fith
Old 05-03-2001, 09:46 PM   #38
dallaslaker

OK Nellie, NOW is the time for a T to get your point across.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:50 PM   #39
Fidel
Diamond Member

Hugh Evans receiving a call from David Stern:
"Good job so far. Make sure that damn Cuban guy doesn´t win".
Old 05-03-2001, 09:53 PM   #40
djb
Administrator

I have to agree with Bob on this..PUSH THE DAMN BALL! I'm getting sick of seeing Fin and the other guys walk up the damn court with the ball.