Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Winwall

Winwall is a jewel in the roughWinwall is a jewel in the roughWinwall is a jewel in the rough
Default All-Star Weekend from a german's point of view

Fortunately we germans were able to watch the All-Star weekend on TV. Usually we dont get to watch a lot of NBA basketball. The german pay-tv channel 'Premiere' was broadcasting live from Houston. Let me say that I'm glad that at least one channel in Germany is willing to show such a great event.
But 'Premiere' should send a different team of commentators to the next All-Star game... I know most of the guys on this board have a problem with Charles and his TNT crew ... even though they might be wrong and talk bullshit most of the time .... they are entertaining and fun to watch. Boy ... our german crew was like a sleeping pill. It was already difficult to watch the All-Star weekend since all the events took place during night time in Germany. (2:30 am) But those german commentators made it even more difficult to watch. Very lame and boring style of commentating such a great event. Even Thomas Gottschalk (a very popular german entertainer), who was guest-commentating the dunking event, took a subtle jab at the 'Premiere' guy, who was so boring to listen too. They should try to make it more colorful and entertaining and not so dull. Luckily Premiere also broadcasts the american audio channel so I was able to listen the orginal audio channel of TNT.

I don't know if they were not aware of it, but we were able to hear those tnt commentators talk during commercial breaks. Everytime it seems TNT was having a commercial break, we were able to see some random NBA videos, but also we were able to listen to all the TNT guys talk during the TNT commercials!
We were able to hear them talk about private stuff, preparing for the next segments and also making fun of cheerleaders for example. Very entertaining. lol I'm not sure how they could not be aware of that ... well, i found it very intersting and insightful. it was like a 'behind the scenes' featurette
Winwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Good news.

Charles Barkley is learning German.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing that Charles Barkley is interested in from Germany is German sausage.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

I really enjoyed the allstar-weekend. The slamdunk contest was better than during the two previous allstar weekends, the threepoint shootout is great and I enjoyed it even more, since Dirk won it, the skillz challenge is getting better.

The only problem I've got is the Allstar-Game and the rookies-sophomore game. I'd really like to see the players taking those games more seriously. Just imagine a game with those types of players in a competitive way.

The Allstar Game could be so much more.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
The only thing that Charles Barkley is interested in from Germany is German sausage.
I hear he also likes the full-caloried beers, but that might just be conjecture
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #6
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I hear he also likes the full-caloried beers, but that might just be conjecture
Who doesn't?