Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #121
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Next movie to be even weirder????? wtf?

wikipedia:
Quote:
An advertisement on the region 2 DVD of Bender's Big Score stated a release date of November 2008 in the UK.

In the table reading present in Bender's Big Score DVD, it is shown that this chapter in Futurama's adventures is likely to feature a medieval-like setting where Bender dresses like a knight, Leela is a centaur, Fry is an orc, and the professor is a wizard. According to David X. Cohen, the movie will be Futurama's "first real foray into the fantasy world as opposed to straight sci-fi".[2]

Additionally, Mom will make a return appearance.[3]

Guest stars will include George Takei and Rich Little.[4]

A preview of Bender's Game will be one of the bonus features on the Beast with a Billion Backs DVD.[3]
Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #122
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Takei and Little... Wow?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 AM   #123
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Next DVD to be released on November 4th

Groening at Comic Con:

Quote:
As to whether Futurama will ever return in its original, half-hour TV-show format? Says Groening, "We'll see. We certainly want to do more Futurama movies — anything we can do, stories, movies. ... We haven't done all the stories. We still have a few secrets left."
So maybe we'll get something past these 4 movies.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #124
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Beast of a Billion Backs better than Bender's big haul...primarily for the sole reason of less Hermes in BBB than BBH.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #125
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Next movie out on November 4th...I know what I'll be doing election night. Screw history.

Here is a review

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Informati...s_Game_Review/

It is a pretty favorable review, supposedly it will be better than the last one. I don't care, I like them all.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #126
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't a big fan of a billion backs. But I love Futurama so I will be entrenched in it as well while we make history in the election.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #127
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I wasn't a big fan of a billion backs. But I love Futurama so I will be entrenched in it as well while we make history in the election.
My wife is a bigger Futurama aficionado than I am, and she has had it (beast with a billion backs) on many a lazy Saturday afternoon....it's grown on me.

I am pumped for the next one. The last one will be out in Feb. That will be sad.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #128
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
My wife is a bigger Futurama aficionado than I am, and she has had it (beast with a billion backs) on many a lazy Saturday afternoon....it's grown on me.

I am pumped for the next one. The last one will be out in Feb. That will be sad.
liked Bender's Big Score and Billion Backs...but they certainly haven't compared with the best episodes (and whats with so little professor and Zoidberg??)

can't wait for the new one.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #129
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Billion Backs on CC last night. I liked it.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #130
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Here's another review... It too promises that the jokes are better this time around. We'll see...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/35041...-benders-game/
Old 10-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #131
sike
The Preacha

So Close...

Old 11-04-2008, 10:05 AM   #132
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Today.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #133
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

As the biggest Futurama fan on the planet, I have to say, the movies have been a big disappointment. It's like they're trying to cram a whole seasons' worth of material into each movie. What made the show so great was that the humor was centered around its characters. The movies seem much more plot-centered. Oh well, I hope they make more and eventually just bring the show back.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #134
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah. I really like the entirety of the first movie. I thought it was great through and through.

I like about the first half of the second movie pretty well, and the same with the third. They get weird and devolve into too much nerdy humor and strangeness.

The good news is that the guy who wrote the first movie wrote the fourth movie coming in (April?) or was it February? I can't remember. Anyway, I predict good things for the last one.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #135
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I have a copy of the last Futurama movie in my possession...it will be watched tonight.

These movies haven't exactly been great, but the thought that tonight is the last time I will watch new Futurama is sad
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #136
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

With the news of the Dave Tippett firing leaving me frazzled...I get sent this 20 minutes later.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=56176

Half hour episodes. OH MY GOD. YES!

Quote:
20th Century Fox Television, the animation powerhouse that brought "Family Guy" back from the dead five years ago, has done it again: Matt Groening and David X. Cohen's brilliantly subversive animated sci-fi comedy "Futurama" will return to production on 26 new half-hour episodes more than six years after the series aired its last original episode. The move comes on the heels of the series' blockbuster performance on DVD and on Comedy Central; the announcement was made today by Twentieth Century Fox Television Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden, and David Bernath, senior vice president, programming for Comedy Central.

"Futurama" was a staple of Fox's Sunday night animation block from 1999 to 2003 before ceasing production on original episodes. In June 2006, Comedy Central acquired the rights to the existing 72 episodes of the series, which the channel began airing in January 2008, and four recently-produced extended length "Futurama" adventures: "Bender's Big Score," "The Beast with a Billion Backs," "Bender's Game" and "Into the Wild Green Yonder," which enjoyed enormous success both on Comedy Central and in DVD release. This new deal marks the show's return to episodic series production on original episodes. "Futurama" becomes only the second series in the history of the medium to go back into production based on the strength of its DVD sales and repeat airings on cable.

The new episodes will be available in mid 2010 to be shown on Comedy Central. Twentieth Century Fox Television retains the option to license the original runs of the new episodes to a broadcast network.

"We are excited to continue our relationship with Matt, David and 20th Century Fox TV and to be able to offer Comedy Central viewers the first opportunity to see new episodes of 'Futurama,'" said Bernath. "As evidenced by the strong performance of the extended length epics, there remains a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience. It's fantastic that we can add brand-new installments of Leela, Fry and Bender's adventures to our existing library."

Quipped Matt Groening, "We're thrilled 'Futurama' is coming back. We now have only 25,766 episodes to make before we catch up with Bender and Fry in the year 3000." Added David X. Cohen, "We're excited and amazed that the show is coming back, perhaps due to some sort of mysterious time loop. We look forward to working with Comedy Central and 20th Television to make this the best iteration of the loop yet!"

"When we brought back 'Family Guy' several years ago, everyone said that it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing - that canceled series stay canceled and cannot be revived," commented 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden. "But 'Futurama' was another series that fans simply demanded we bring back, and we couldn't have been happier when Matt and David agreed that there were many more stories yet to tell."

"Futurama" focuses on the life of Philip Fry (Billy West), a 25-year-old pizza delivery boy who accidentally freezes himself on December 31, 1999 and wakes up 1,000 years later with a fresh start at life and a "diverse" new group of friends including Leela (Katey Sagal), a tough but lovely one-eyed alien and Bender (John DiMaggio), a robot who possesses human characteristics and flaws. The series aired for five seasons on Fox (1999 to 2003) earning Emmy® nominations each season while winning three times, including "Outstanding Animated Program" in 2002. It featured guest stars such as Sarah Silverman, Hank Azaria, Bob Odenkirk, Pamela Anderson, Beatrice Arthur, Lucy Liu, Beck and Coolio.

"Futurama," created by Matt Groening and developed by Groening and David X. Cohen, is produced by Twentieth Century Fox Television, with Rough Draft Studios, Inc. contributing the animation.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #137
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

YES!!! THERE IS A GOD!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #138
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad they're bringing back the half-hour episodes - I didn't care for any of the movies, but only because they contained too much filler to pad the time...

I can't wait to see this show get back on track!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-10-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:47 AM   #139
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta give Fox some credit for having balls to bring shows back.

Of course, I'm sure DVD sales don't hurt .

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #140
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Gotta give Fox some credit for having balls to bring shows back.

Of course, I'm sure DVD sales don't hurt .
Apparently Comedy Central deserves much more credit than Fox does.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #141
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The people who bought the movie DVD's, and David X Cohen deserve the credit.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #142
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
The people who bought the movie DVD's, and David X Cohen deserve the credit.
Don't forget Billy West. He's lobbied for it pretty hard over the years.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #143
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Don't forget Billy West. He's lobbied for it pretty hard over the years.
has he had any memorable cartoon characters since the greatness of furturama?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #144
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

You're an impressive piece of captain, beautiful and deadly, a potent combination. I doubt I've seen more than three or four captains sexier than you, and only one who was deadlier.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-11-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #145
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I am your friend... Bonder!

Bonder?! Is that you?

Yes... Give the gypsy ten dollar.

Wait a minute... Bender's name isn't Bonder, it's Bender! You're a fraud!

Look, do you want false hope or not?

Well, only if you don't have any real hope.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #146
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default ahhh, good stuff...

"Something's wrong. Murder isn't working, and that's all we're good at!"

"Well, thanks to the Internet, I'm now bored with sex."

"Buddha! Zeus! God! Somebody help me! Satan, you owe me!"

Last edited by Underdog; 06-11-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #147
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

We tore the universe a new space-hole alright. And it's clinching shut fast!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #148
sike
The Preacha

"You win again, gravity!!!"

Last edited by sike; 06-14-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #149
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Edit: took it out because it was effing up the page

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-17-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #150
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of
Angry EPIC FAIL

Quote:
'Futurama' getting new voices for Fry, Leela, Bender, and others

Just when I was getting really excited for the revived Futurama, total bummer news emerges: The voice actors are going to be different. Who's going to Zoid my Zoidberg?

Twentieth Century Fox, which is still producing the series even though new episodes will air on Comedy Central, is recasting the major voice roles for the show. That means no more Billy West (Fry, Professor, and Ziodberg), Katey Sagal (Leela), John DiMaggio (Bender), Maurice LaMarche (Kif Kroker, among others), or Tress MacNeil (Mom, and several others). Worst!

Fox released a statement saying "We love the Futurama voice performers and absolutely wanted to use them, but unfortunately, we could not meet their salary demands. While replacing these talented actors will be difficult, the show must go on. We are confident that we will find terrific new performers to give voice to Matt and David's brilliantly subversive characters."

Is it still Futurama with totally different voices, PopWatchers, or can this news bite your shiny metal -- well, you know.
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...ew-voices.html
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #151
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

NO EFFING WAY!!!! This seriously blows.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #152
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

It seems clear this a negotiating tactic by Fox, trying to get the actors to take lower pay. I remember they pulled the same thing with the Simpsons cast a few years back. I seriously hope they reach an agreement, because there is no way, no f*cking way you could have Futurama without Billy West, John DiMaggio or Maurice LaMarche. If they actually do bring the show back with different actors, I will definitely not be watching.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #153
Underdog

This news makes me think of the wrong-sounding Muppets from Family Guy...

Old 07-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #154
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I won't watch a single second of that if they do that. Neither will anyone else. And DVD sales will be non-existent, which is where they make their money on this anyway. Epic fail is right. I hope that's just Fox blowing smoke or else they just shouldn't do it.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #155
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I won't watch a single second of that if they do that. Neither will anyone else. And DVD sales will be non-existent, which is where they make their money on this anyway. Epic fail is right. I hope that's just Fox blowing smoke or else they just shouldn't do it.
I think every futurama fan on earth feels the same way. And I think the network probably knows this. It'd be one thing if they were just talking about some small supporting characters or something, but they're talking about replacing the ENTIRE cast. I just can't see Fox investing all the money it would take to actually produce a whole season's worth of episodes with a cast they know the fans wouldn't go for. I think they'd rather just not bring back the show at all and save the money, especially when you consider the fact that the show isn't even going to be aired on their network anyway. It's clearly just a scare tactic to drive down the price for the actors. I only hope that they do reach an agreement and the show doesn't get cancelled for a second time before it's even brought back.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #156
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you worry about finding new voice actors. Let me worry about blank.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #157
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I think every futurama fan on earth feels the same way. And I think the network probably knows this. It'd be one thing if they were just talking about some small supporting characters or something, but they're talking about replacing the ENTIRE cast. I just can't see Fox investing all the money it would take to actually produce a whole season's worth of episodes with a cast they know the fans wouldn't go for. I think they'd rather just not bring back the show at all and save the money, especially when you consider the fact that the show isn't even going to be aired on their network anyway. It's clearly just a scare tactic to drive down the price for the actors. I only hope that they do reach an agreement and the show doesn't get cancelled for a second time before it's even brought back.
I honestly would rather the show get canceled again that bring in a new cast. That's tough to say, but it's a fact.

I cannot believe for a single second that David X Cohen or Matt Groenig would support carrying on the show otherwise.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #158
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I honestly would rather the show get canceled again that bring in a new cast. That's tough to say, but it's a fact.

I cannot believe for a single second that David X Cohen or Matt Groenig would support carrying on the show otherwise.
Good point. Groening and Cohen I'm sure would walk if they hired new actors. And I agree, I'd also rather they just not bring the show back.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #159
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Futurama: Life or Death?!— Be a part of sci-fi history! Join executive producers Matt Groening and David X. Cohen, and stars Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio, and Maurice LaMarche for high-stakes thrills as a top-ranking FOX executive decides live, on stage, whether Futurama will make yet another triumphant return or whether it is gone forever! The very fate of Futurama hangs in the balance! Paramedics will be standing by in case the intense excitement causes any panelists to collapse. Raucous celebration or abject despair to follow the news.
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_sea...kCat[]=180
Sounds like a publicity stunt to me.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-22-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #160
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Sounds like a publicity stunt to me.
I don't mind a stunt if its a futurama stunt.