Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2022, 03:48 PM   #1
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I'm surprised no one has suggested that Brunson needs more opportunities with the ball his hand to run the offense.

This Game he was more of a bystander instead of an attacker.

I said this in the Utah series Luka is great, but the Mavs are at their best when the ball doesn't stick to Luka and they are swinging it around after Brunson gets down hill.

Luka IMO is the best post up threat that we have on this team.

What Ayton does to our big's Luka can replicate that by playing off ball and posting up his defenders in the mid post or low post.

I think that adds more flexibility to the Mavs offense and could lead to more fouls on the Phoenix defenders.

That PNR with Powell didn't work vs Utah and it looks like Phoenix isn't going to let that happen either.

Start Kleber play 5 out use Luka more in the post when Kleber draws Ayton out the paint.

Defensively they need to move Brunson over to CP3 putting him on these bigger players get's him in foul trouble early on wears him down.

At one point I saw Brunson battling with Ayton in the paint on post up.....

And finally keep Powell off the floor unless someone McGee is in the game or someone is in foul trouble
I feel like I've said Luka needs to be in the mid post or on the block about 247 times. It puts the ball in JBs hands more and Luka can get easy bucket or draw fouls. I'm starting to think the coaching staff doesn't check this board for ideas when they're not successful.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I feel like I've said Luka needs to be in the mid post or on the block about 247 times. It puts the ball in JBs hands more and Luka can get easy bucket or draw fouls. I'm starting to think the coaching staff doesn't check this board for ideas when they're not successful.
I'm not sure he can get 247 post up's per game LOL

But I do believe putting him in that mid range post area like how they used Dirk or on the low block would really open this open because you know teams will double down on him and he'll find the open man or cutter.

Dude is 6'7 240 so he's too strong for most wing players or PG's to handle down there.

That allows JB to be aggressive more by putting the rock in his hand and it also cuts down on Luka's turnovers and bad shot selection (Reduces the long step back 3's)

Also I'm curious as to why they don't use Josh Green as the roll man with Luka in PNR.

It doesn't always have to be Powell trying to catch that lop vs other big's

Use Green the way New Jersey uses Bruce Brown on those types of sets

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-03-2022 at 04:41 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 04:41 PM   #3
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not sure he can 247 post up's per game LOL

But I do believe putting him in that mid range post area like how they used Dirk or on the low block would really open this open because you know teams will double down on him and he'll find the open man or cutter.

Dude is 6'7 240 so he's too strong for most wing players or PG's to handle down there.

That allows JB to be aggressive more by putting the rock in his hand and it also cuts down on Luka's turnovers and bad shot selection (Reduces the long step back 3's)

Also I'm curious as to why they don't use Josh Green as the roll man with Luka in PNR.

These are all great ideas.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 07:25 PM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not sure he can get 247 post up's per game LOL

Lol. I've said it 247 times on this forum. But, I would like them to try it 247 times as well. It's not rocket surgery and we have 16 coaches on staff so I'm baffled as to why we haven't at least incorporated it into the gameplan.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote