Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-19-2004, 11:15 PM   #1
mikeinrowlett

mikeinrowlett is on a distinguished road
Default Preseason on TV....

if you have HDnet and live in the Dallas area. Announcement made on Mavericks' official website that the final two preseason games will be televised there.
mikeinrowlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2004, 01:28 AM   #2
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Preseason on TV....

What I would like to know is if the NY games will be shown on League Pass, cause I need to decide whether to buy it already.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:20 AM   #3
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

The Knicks v Mavs on 10/24 will be on Channel 722 on DirecTV @ 6:30 et.

It has been confirmed by my guide and the MSG website.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:30 PM   #4
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Preseason on TV....

anyone know if these will be blacked out even if you have league pass?
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:46 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
anyone know if these will be blacked out even if you have league pass?
they will only be blacked out on the native MSG channel outside the new york area, the feed through League Pass will not be blacked out, per a managaing rp at Dishnetwork. The cast on 562 (Dishnetwork) and 722 (directv) will not be blacked out unless you are local, in which case it will be on your native MSG station. Dishnetwork and Directv have different policies with the truth, but I find Dishnetwork more candid, and they admit that even pre-season games will not be televised with the sports packages (FSNX, etc), so if you are both outside the New York Area, and you have the sports package but not league pass, then you will not get the game.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:51 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out for the @ssholes at Dishnetwork. They won't give you NBA TV with league pass so you'll miss the game with Sacramento.

I'm looking up the Mavs games to record on my DVR, and I click on the Sacramento pre-season game and it tells me that it is a subscription channel that I don't currently get. Then they said that the only way I could get it is to order the America's top 180, or to order Sports Pak (for an additional 6.00 a month and a 5.00 cancellation fee.) and it turns out that with the America's top 60 pack I can't even order the Sports pak. It's a more advanced satellite, and I'd need to pay for the installation.

I think that is absolute bullcrap that I pay 169 dollars to get all Mavs games, and they make me buy a 6$/mo service which I can't even get to get NBA TV which is just above ESPN on the availability chart that they use for pre-emption. Especially since the website specifically says I get NBA TV.

Don't know about Directv but its worth investigating if you don't have an enormous mackage with the all the sports channels.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:40 PM   #7
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

if i remember right directv only needs the total choice which is around 40 but the nba package is separated to the sports package and it's around 500 or 600 in 4 payments, of the 2 sysytem directv is more expensive than dish i had the 2 of them before.
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:56 PM   #8
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Cybertx
if i remember right directv only needs the total choice which is around 40 but the nba package is separated to the sports package and it's around 500 or 600 in 4 payments, of the 2 sysytem directv is more expensive than dish i had the 2 of them before.

Directv charges $169 for the season for NBA league pass and NBAtv is included at no extra charge. The Knicks game will be televised if you have league pass according to Tivo. Finally, a game on tv!!
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:09 PM   #9
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

thank good for hackers
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:51 PM   #10
M_F_F_L

M_F_F_L is on a distinguished road

I was able to see the Knick & Spurs game on MSG and I don't have any league pass subscription or anything else for that matter. So I would think that I'll be seeing the Knicks/Mavs game come the 24th and listen on the radio for these two teams today.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:12 PM   #11
JumpHook41

JumpHook41 is on a distinguished road

I have NBA League Pass with DishNetwork and I get NBA TV. It's just on Channel 560 rather than 402.
JumpHook41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:24 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: JumpHook41
I have NBA League Pass with DishNetwork and I get NBA TV. It's just on Channel 560 rather than 402.
channel 560 is NBA TV in name only as far as I can tell, it's basically just the intro channel for the league pass channels. All the significant broadcasts are on 402. The Sacramento game is on 402, and not 506, and it will be blacked out on league pass because NBA TV is down the ladder of pre-emption

League Pass exclusives
NBATV,
cable (ESPN, FSN),
Broadcast channels (NBA, etc),

402 only comes with the top 180 or can be purchased as part of the sportspak if you have 60+ or better. League pass won't cover it because it's supposed to be on another channel you have, but Dishnetwork does not give NBATV402 with their 169$ League Pass.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:43 PM   #13
JumpHook41

I disagree respectfully Erica. I had NBATV 402 and 560 at the same tme at the beginning of last season and they are (or at least were) the exact same programming. The only difference that I notice is that the programming is displayed the channel guide for 402 and isn't for 560. I watch NBATV on 560 almost every day, but again, I could always be wrong.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:48 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I've already seen two programs advertised on 402, and have checked 506 and neither one played on 506.

BTW there are some good vintage games on this week. Depressing game to watch, but they have game 6 versus the Spurs 2002-2003. I hope Hookshot is right.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:35 PM   #15
JumpHook41

If that is true, Erica, then I've had the wool pulled over my eyes.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:30 PM   #16
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

No offense to you guys, but you really need to switch to DirecTV. For one, it automatically orders your League Pass for you each year, you don't even have to bother with it. Then they send you a bag of goodies too and NBA TV is free with your League Pass ALL YEAR which is great to catch all the Summer League games and the Euro League coverage they have on it.

DirecTV is reliable, cheap, and well, I am just pro-DirecTV. I have heard too many nightmarish stories about DISH and now this story from Erica, it just doesn't seem fair. And what is a more advanced dish? I don't get that. I got my TiVO/DirecTV and it is the same old dish, did you have to change over on Dish to get your TiVo, like did you get a new dish?

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:48 PM   #17
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

So does Dishnetwork, miles. In fact, I just bought it and they asked me whether I wanted an automatic subscription renewal or not. Dishnetwork's been great so far. I'll find out more about this NBA TV crap, I sure hope I'm not getting cheated out of that channel.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:52 PM   #18
bernardos70
Diamond Member

what the, is tonight's game going to be on?
Old 10-23-2004, 11:43 PM   #19
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Erica, I don't know how it went last year, but the 560 channel shows the same thing as in 402 it looks like. It's just that I don't think they have the shows names on 560, they have the name there all the time. 402 must be for non league pass, nbatv only subscribers.