Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-14-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Cows vs texans - Pre-season

Finally it is here. Go Cows. Gametime 7:00 pm cst on cbs11.

Cannot wait to see drew, vinny and romo.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:Cows vs texans - Pre-season

I'll second that notion. 5 1/2 hours and counting~ : )

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 06:52 PM   #3
Finley4ever

Finley4ever is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Cows vs texans - Pre-season

Be sure to keep us out-of-towners without TV coverage up-to-date on what is going on.
Finley4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

at this stage offense sucks. But its just the first game
Old 08-14-2004, 08:28 PM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Half-time.

Vinnie=old.

Henson. Looks good; looks bad. Dumb pick at the end of the half. What is up with his throwing motion? Does he sidearm it more than a little?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 08:34 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Julius Jones hurt or is he just the 6th string running back?
Old 08-14-2004, 08:37 PM   #7
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Rashard Lee, Randal Williams were the only bright spots today. Pete Hunter needs a lot of improvement.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:21 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Half-time.

Vinnie=old.

Henson. Looks good; looks bad. Dumb pick at the end of the half. What is up with his throwing motion? Does he sidearm it more than a little?
Yea you're not lying. I think it looks pretty when he throws however. Isn't this the same flaw that they said Phillip Rivers had?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:23 PM   #9
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Julius Jones showing a lot of promise. Dude is very quick.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:27 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Rashard Lee wasn't too bad either. For him to be injured last season and to return to the Cowboys shows me the Cowboys see something they like in him.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:09 PM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Half-time.

Vinnie=old.

Yea you're not lying. I think it looks pretty when he throws however. Isn't this the same flaw that they said Phillip Rivers had?
Looks like he's throwing to 1st base. I think I remember reading or hearing that they're working on it.

Old 08-14-2004, 10:54 PM   #12
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Julius will be this teams RB. He never stops moving forward, and gets extra yards every carry.
And I like the way Lee attacks the line
Old 08-15-2004, 01:10 AM   #13
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Well, at least we seem to have found a couple of runing backs. Julius looked incredible against the Texan 3rd stringers. Rashard Lee was a very nice surprise. Eddie George looked like Hambrick all over again, smashing into the teeth of the defense for minimal gains. Not impressed at all.

Julias Jones and Rashard Lee running behind Allen and Adams will be our offensive staple this year. We will see it over and over again.

Passing game was absolutely horendous. Looks like Ra Williams might be ready to contribute this year. I'd like the young guys Bryant and Williams to push the old guys. Clayton may have something to contribute here.

Clayton was a very nice surprise in the return game. I definately liked what I saw. Still wished we hung on to Woody Dantler from last year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Overall this was a very disapointing effort, but that's the nice thing about preseason.

Big Giant Bill is gonna be going crazy this week.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:10 PM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Good observation about Crayton lordofthemavs. I noticed that and looked like he can be a very productive guy on special teams and could be a good backup WR.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:52 AM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LordOfTheMavs
Well, at least we seem to have found a couple of runing backs. Julius looked incredible against the Texan 3rd stringers. Rashard Lee was a very nice surprise. Eddie George looked like Hambrick all over again, smashing into the teeth of the defense for minimal gains. Not impressed at all.

Julias Jones and Rashard Lee running behind Allen and Adams will be our offensive staple this year. We will see it over and over again.

Passing game was absolutely horendous. Looks like Ra Williams might be ready to contribute this year. I'd like the young guys Bryant and Williams to push the old guys. Clayton may have something to contribute here.

Clayton was a very nice surprise in the return game. I definately liked what I saw. Still wished we hung on to Woody Dantler from last year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Overall this was a very disapointing effort, but that's the nice thing about preseason.

Big Giant Bill is gonna be going crazy this week.
I agree with everything you say here except..................it is still just game one of pre-season. I don't want to count out EGeorge yet, or enshrine JJones or Lee. RaWilliams "might", he had a good game, but it is still just one game. Crayton looked good in game one of a preseason game, with no tape on him.

I Still think this season will be fun..................

IMO: 2 strikes against Henson and Romo being the #2. They better show up next preseason game, or a vet backup QB will be in here.
They both look like they have potential, but both made the mistakes that Big Bill hates.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote