Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #681
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
The Mavs had a late lead @NO last season (for the first time in awhile), and should have won, but Terry and Barea missed FT's to seal it, then Peja hit a 3 to tie, and the Hornets won in OT.

*edit* Actually, it might have been 2 seasons ago? I can't remember anymore.
Last season, 09-10, very very early in the season.

I almost cried after that.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #682
DMOC

DMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
dirk was in mvp form tonight for sure.
He was literally great at everything (scoring, passing, setting picks, post defense vs Gortat, etc.) except rebounding, because he should have gotten about 5 tonight. He let people like marion take them.

Last edited by DMOC; 02-18-2011 at 01:27 AM.
DMOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #683
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisCharmingFan View Post
What is the New Orleans thing? There a video of it somewhere maybe?
You really don't want to see it. That was a really, really, demoralizing loss. The Hornets were who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook! Seriously though, that loss was pretty fxcking bad.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:30 AM   #684
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMOC View Post
He was literally great at everything (scoring, passing, setting picks, post defense vs Gortat, etc.) except rebounding, because he should have gotten about 5 tonight. He let people like marion take them.
if i can get 35 points on 13/18 shooting from dirk every game, he can never get another rebound for the rest of his life for all i care, and i'd be satisfied
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #685
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Last season, 09-10, very very early in the season.

I almost cried after that.
Remember early this season how the Hornets started off with a long win streak and everyone thought they were going to have an amazing season?

*giggles*
Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #686
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Btw I thought Beaubois played a good game. Fouls don't kill team as long as they aren't and 1. All it did was take him out of the game. Anyways not sure if the stacks back me up but I thought he did a decent job. Definitely better than Stevenson imo.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:56 AM   #687
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Btw I thought Beaubois played a good game. Fouls don't kill team as long as they aren't and 1. All it did was take him out of the game. Anyways not sure if the stacks back me up but I thought he did a decent job. Definitely better than Stevenson imo.
He had a tough time against Nash on the pick and roll defense early, had 2 1/2 silly turnovers and didn't take it to the hoop enough. But I love it. I'm sure he has 50 - 100 more rookie mistakes in him and I hope Carlisle allows him to get these out of his system before the playoffs. The kid is awesome, an unpolished diamond pearl neckless in the rough.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #688
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Remember early this season how the Hornets started off with a long win streak and everyone thought they were going to have an amazing season?

*giggles*
I remembered today again the 2OT loss against the Suns years ago. Damn at the of the game i was on my knees beating up the carpet with my fists
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:16 AM   #689
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post

*giggles*
Two different seasons, but I catch your drift.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #690
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
The Mavs had a late lead @NO last season (for the first time in awhile), and should have won, but Terry and Barea missed FT's to seal it, then Peja hit a 3 to tie, and the Hornets won in OT.

*edit* Actually, it might have been 2 seasons ago? I can't remember anymore.
Isn't that the game Dirk fouled out and Dampier was beast with 14pts and 20 rebs
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #691
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMOC View Post
Confusing...why shouldn't he "let" marion take them?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #692
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Confusing...why shouldn't he "let" marion take them?
Good question, but all I give a damn is about getting the rebound whoever it may be.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #693
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

nm

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-18-2011 at 12:00 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #694
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Isn't that the game Dirk fouled out and Dampier was beast with 14pts and 20 rebs
lol West was hacking Dirk all nite, and Dirk ended up being the one to foul out. I was so livid about that game, I still remember it clearly...