Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #721
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the 12th round of a boxing match. I know thy are tired, but they look like they are hanging on the ropes and it's not good Tv
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2015, 09:25 PM   #722
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Who would have thought that a finals with the Warriors and Cavs Could have a game where first to 80 wins
Old 06-07-2015, 09:29 PM   #723
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Cleveland is not only in this game but winning. Shocking.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #724
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Cleveland is not only in this game but winning. Shocking.
Curry's 1-11 from downtown (3-16 total) is probably helping a bit...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-07-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #725
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Lebron's blood runs cold.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:39 PM   #726
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Curry's 1-11 from downtown (3-16 total) is probably helping a bit...
To be fair, they've defended him quite well.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #727
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Wow, passing the ball to Shumpert probably not a good idea.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #728
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

OT again.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:40 PM   #729
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Lebron earned it
Old 06-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #730
melvind
Banned

melvind can only hope to improve

Yup he earned it alright with a triple dub..but what killed me was JR Smith boneheadness...He was really trying to give the game to Golden St. At least we will have some extended basketball now....
melvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:35 AM   #731
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

What a game. Gotta love those refs though. Cleveland was getting killed.

LeBron is a monster. I hope they continue with the same ferocity.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG

Last edited by GhostFace; 06-08-2015 at 07:36 AM.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #732
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
LeBron is a monster. I hope they continue with the same ferocity.
I agree. He's willed that team to a win.

That was the best 11/34 performance I have seen. He earned every point.

Would have been a travesty if Golden State won - the refs were trying to gift them the game...

Last edited by tsar; 06-08-2015 at 10:47 AM.
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:11 PM   #733
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What a game. Gotta love those refs though. Cleveland was getting killed.
Not a pretty game to watch, but an interesting game at least because of how intensely it was competed. Horribly officiated game for the Finals, but Cleveland should love getting "killed" like that because if officials let both teams play that physically for the rest of the series, Cleveland has a really good chance. Plenty of bad calls to go around.

Dubs are an entertaining team to watch, but all through the playoffs they have seemed far too loose with the ball, and it seemed to cost them last night. Not protecting the ball on critical possessions. I understand that the flashy pass and the quick shot are part of their formula for success, but when you're not hitting shots, and you have nothing to fall back on for a high-percentage shot on a key possession, well, you get Cleveland dominating them last night.

Dubs may have a problem with Curry being defended by a big. Wonder how much of it was him being defended v. him channeling John Starks against Houston. Will be interesting to how much Curry is able to bounce back.

Interesting contrast of Small Ball v. Big Ball (aided by having LBJ). Blatt seemed to do a good job of getting as much as he could out of big/small mismatches for as long as he could. Given the degree of physical play allowed, it's as if Cleveland sensed that they could physically dominate the smaller Dubs, and were just taking their measure for the first 3.5 quarters.
Kerr definitely has some adjustments to make.

The reality of the situation is that the Warriors could just as easily be (should be) down 0-2 right now headed back to Cleveland, and they had a huge opportunity slip through their fingers last night. Painful as it is to bring up, I had a sense of déjÃ* vu last night from Game 3 of the 2006 Finals, when the Mavericks had a chance to bury the Heat, failed to do so, and saw the momentum of the whole series shift. Did that just happen to the Warriors? Right now, the teams are even at 1-1, but I'd say Cleveland has Advantage:Momentum on their side.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:02 AM   #734
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Not a pretty game to watch, but an interesting game at least because of how intensely it was competed. Horribly officiated game for the Finals, but Cleveland should love getting "killed" like that because if officials let both teams play that physically for the rest of the series, Cleveland has a really good chance. Plenty of bad calls to go around.

Dubs are an entertaining team to watch, but all through the playoffs they have seemed far too loose with the ball, and it seemed to cost them last night. Not protecting the ball on critical possessions. I understand that the flashy pass and the quick shot are part of their formula for success, but when you're not hitting shots, and you have nothing to fall back on for a high-percentage shot on a key possession, well, you get Cleveland dominating them last night.

Dubs may have a problem with Curry being defended by a big. Wonder how much of it was him being defended v. him channeling John Starks against Houston. Will be interesting to how much Curry is able to bounce back.

Interesting contrast of Small Ball v. Big Ball (aided by having LBJ). Blatt seemed to do a good job of getting as much as he could out of big/small mismatches for as long as he could. Given the degree of physical play allowed, it's as if Cleveland sensed that they could physically dominate the smaller Dubs, and were just taking their measure for the first 3.5 quarters.
Kerr definitely has some adjustments to make.

The reality of the situation is that the Warriors could just as easily be (should be) down 0-2 right now headed back to Cleveland, and they had a huge opportunity slip through their fingers last night. Painful as it is to bring up, I had a sense of déjÃ* vu last night from Game 3 of the 2006 Finals, when the Mavericks had a chance to bury the Heat, failed to do so, and saw the momentum of the whole series shift. Did that just happen to the Warriors? Right now, the teams are even at 1-1, but I'd say Cleveland has Advantage:Momentum on their side.
I do think Cleveland has the momentum, but it's hard to count GS out. Curry had one bad again against the Rockets and they still ended up winning the series. Tonight will be telling in terms of how GS will bounce back and how the Cavs play now that their home. Role players generally play better at home so I am looking for Shump and JR to come out ballin'. Going to be interesting to see if Delly can pester Curry enough to throw him out of his rhythm again.

I also agree with Cleveland's physical style of play. They won't win by out scoring GS, they have to stifle them on the defensive end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
I agree. He's willed that team to a win.

That was the best 11/34 performance I have seen. He earned every point.

Would have been a travesty if Golden State won - the refs were trying to gift them the game...
Yea I agree. I never thought I'd be rooting for LBJ after hating on him for such a long time. But man.. that dude is just unreal. He has had bad playoff series before, but he also has so much experience in the playoffs it was only a matter of time before he stopped being nervous and just plays.

You know it's kind of funny the media isn't giving Curry shit for his bad performance, but if that were any other superstar they would be absolutely killed.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG

Last edited by GhostFace; 06-09-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #735
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Rookie mistake by Kerr not to save a timeout for the final play in OT. He has been they golden boy all season and kind of got a pass on this too. Thought that was a relatively big blunder that flew somewhat under the radar.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-09-2015 at 01:35 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #736
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Rookie mistake by Kerr not to save a timeout for the final play in OT. He has been they golden boy all season and kind of got a pass on this too. Thought that was a relatively big blunder that flew somewhat under the radar.
Idk why but Kerr seems to always get a lion share of credit and little blame for anything. I could be mistaken but I remember him getting a lot of credit as a consultant on the Steve Nash signing in Phoenix and their success there after, then getting no blame for the moves he made when he took over as GM after Colangelo left and went to Toronto and their decline after that. That was the impression I had as an outsider from the national media, I have no idea if it was the same for locals.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #737
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Idk why but Kerr seems to always get a lion share of credit and little blame for anything. I could be mistaken but I remember him getting a lot of credit as a consultant on the Steve Nash signing in Phoenix and their success there after, then getting no blame for the moves he made when he took over as GM after Colangelo left and went to Toronto and their decline after that. That was the impression I had as an outsider from the national media, I have no idea if it was the same for locals.
He took plenty of heat for the Shaq trade. That's his ultimate legacy in Phoenix. I gathered from the few Suns fans I talked to at the time that most of that fanbase hated his guts after that.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #738
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yea I agree. I never thought I'd be rooting for LBJ after hating on him for such a long time. But man.. that dude is just unreal. He has had bad playoff series before, but he also has so much experience in the playoffs it was only a matter of time before he stopped being nervous and just plays.
That's where I'm at. I've spent the last decade hating Lebron's guts, but now I'm just enjoying the privilege of getting to watch such a truly transcendent player. I spend multiple plays just gasping, an literally laughing in disbelief at what I just saw him do. He really does give me that same feeling I had watching MJ as a kid. He could retire today and be one of the top seven or eight players ever. If he somehow manages to win this series with this broken down, depleted husk of a roster, that automatically puts him in the top three or four in my book.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #739
Underdog

Curry 1-5 in the 1st quarter... The slump continues.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:41 PM   #740
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
He took plenty of heat for the Shaq trade. That's his ultimate legacy in Phoenix. I gathered from the few Suns fans I talked to at the time that most of that fanbase hated his guts after that.
Well I'm glad the Suns don't view him as the golden boy that his former brethren, the national media, portray him to be.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:12 PM   #741
melvind
Banned

Quote:
Curry 1-5 in the 1st quarter... The slump continues.
Is it a slump or are the Cavs just playing great defense? Delavedova is a freaking pest and really isn't letting Curry breathe or get good looks. Great team defense on Curry by the Cavs as evidenced by the poor shooting by the Warriors. Looks like they are on pace to be under a 100.

Another ugly game with neither team shooting well....favors the Cavs

Also give credit to Blatt for some great coaching.....37 points in a half for the highest scoring team in the NBA. Thompson had that in a quarter earlier this season

Last edited by melvind; 06-09-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:18 PM   #742
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

37 points in the half. Didn't Klay have like 40 in a quarter once?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:22 PM   #743
melvind
Banned

Wondering if Curry doesn't get it going for the second half will the media and NBA fans crucify him since he is the MVP and expects more from him? That would be two subpar game in a row...
Old 06-09-2015, 09:58 PM   #744
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvind View Post
Is it a slump or are the Cavs just playing great defense?
Looks like both to me. The Cavs might be in his a head a little bit.

Quote:
Another ugly game with neither team shooting well....favors the Cavs

Also give credit to Blatt for some great coaching.....37 points in a half for the highest scoring team in the NBA. Thompson had that in a quarter earlier this season
I'm more and more impressed by him. At the beginning of the season he seemed like a total clown, but the guy has made all of the right adjustments. Guess all those championships in Europe actually mean something.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:59 PM   #745
melvind
Banned

So much for the dominant west....Who said at the start of the playoffs that it didnt matter who came out the west because they would dominate the weak east? If Lebron pulls this off, they will have start to mention him the greatest ever conversations...still has a couple of ships to get but he would be up there for sure......

Making G.S. look like chumps....
Old 06-09-2015, 11:03 PM   #746
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Man, this is easily one of the most thrilling Finals in recent memory.

Lebron is just on a whole different level than anyone else in the sport. His numbers through the first three games are just insane. He's shooting a low percentage, but what do you expect when half his roster is injured?
Old 06-09-2015, 11:05 PM   #747
Underdog

Quote:
Man, this is easily one of the most thrilling Finals in recent memory.

Lebron is just on a whole different level than anyone else in the sport. His numbers through the first three games are just insane. He's shooting a low percentage, but what do you expect when half his roster is injured?
Shooting percentage doesn't mean much when you're averaging 40+ PPG for a 2-1 lead in the Finals.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:18 PM   #748
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

This is easily the most exciting finals I've seen in a very long time that didn't have the Mavs in it. I agree I'm actually rooting for Lebron now just because he is playing like one of the greatest ... making a bunch of average teammates rise to the occasion.

I give a ton of credit to the Cavs defense, but Curry should be getting flamed also. The MVP has to play better than this. Maybe he's actually got some "Finals Nervousness" now.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:10 AM   #749
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Shooting percentage doesn't mean much when you're averaging 40+ PPG for a 2-1 lead in the Finals.
If he does somehow manage to win this series, I think it has to be the greatest achievement in finals history, right? I mean winning at all with Love and Irving both out would be monumental against any team- but against the 67-win Dubs who've looked unstoppable all season- who are overwhelmingly the more talented, more solidly constructed team? I'm calling it right now- if the Cavs win this series, then Lebron is #2 all-time right behind MJ, and he's breathing down MJ's neck.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-10-2015 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:04 AM   #750
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Lebron was allowed to slide tackle Curry without a foul call. Nobody who actually pays attention to this sport would actually believe that The Cavs would have any real chance here without the referees ensuring an ugly game.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:34 AM   #751
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Man really didnt expect Lebron to play MJ at his peak kind of basketball at this stage of his career with no talent on his side.

If he carries this team without Love and Irving against a 67 Win Team (+MVP) to the title he has to be in the discussion for greatest All Time. He has to be named with MJ when talking about the best player to play this sport.

But a 7 Game Series can be long and they still need two more. Im not sure if he can always put up close to a Triple Double with 35+ Points and good FG%.

Im also pretty sure that Curry will come back to MVP form in the next two games. If that happens its over anyway.

If the Cavs win Game 4 im pretty sure they take it. If the Warriors get back Homefield Advantage i can see them winning it all.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:08 AM   #752
GhostFace
Platinum Member

Quote:
That's where I'm at. I've spent the last decade hating Lebron's guts, but now I'm just enjoying the privilege of getting to watch such a truly transcendent player. I spend multiple plays just gasping, an literally laughing in disbelief at what I just saw him do. He really does give me that same feeling I had watching MJ as a kid. He could retire today and be one of the top seven or eight players ever. If he somehow manages to win this series with this broken down, depleted husk of a roster, that automatically puts him in the top three or four in my book.
The dude is absolutely insane. I feel the same way watching him, just waiting to see what the hell crazy ass shit he is going to do next. I really hope they win mostly because they frigging deserve it and I have a seething hate for the Warriors. I hope he carries that broken down team to the ship.

Kerr nor Curry gets get flak by the media. I am telling you if any other superstar was shitting the bed they would get murdered. Hell, if that was LBJ on the other end, this thread would be VERY different and the media would have sliced him up.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #753
GhostFace
Platinum Member

As seen on Reddit in reference the Matthew Dellavedova.

"My name is Matthew Decimus Dellavedova, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Cavalier Legion, loyal servant to the true king, LeBron James, brother to a murdered point guard, teammate to a murdered power forward. And I will have my Championship, in this life or the next."

Old 06-10-2015, 09:26 AM   #754
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Lebron was allowed to slide tackle Curry without a foul call. Nobody who actually pays attention to this sport would actually believe that The Cavs would have any real chance here without the referees ensuring an ugly game.
Bad reffing has gone both ways this series.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #755
melvind
Banned

Quote:
Yup...he is just plain playa hating........Nobody thought the Cavs had a chance period once Irving went down...

Last edited by melvind; 06-10-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:11 AM   #756
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well as I said, the team with the best player usually wins. And GS doesn't even have a PF outside of Lee. They are also getting close to nothing scoring-wise from their centers. This exposes a lot of gimmicky shots that the guards continue to take.. They need to drive it more or get something from the front court.

The reality is this series could very easily be 3-0 if not for that missed Shumpert shot in game one. Warriors need a new game plan.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #757
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it is consistent for both teams, but it is obvious that it is being done to give Cleveland a chance to compete.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #758
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvind View Post
Yup...he is just plain playa hating........Nobody thought the Cavs had a chance period once Irving went down...
Or, you know, I have watched a few games in the past decade, and can see the stark difference in the way this series is being officiated.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #759
FreshJive
Diamond Member

http://streamable.com/ap24

Where is the yellow card?
Old 06-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #760
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Yes, it is consistent for both teams, but it is obvious that it is being done to give Cleveland a chance to compete.
Is it? I go back and forth between thinking the refs are just bad to it's all fixed. But either way...they're bad.

Lebron is making a case for being the second best player to ever play. If he wins it all without Irving or Love, then he'll have had the final say...not the refs.

I don't see the will to win by GS that I see with Cleveland. All could change game by game.