Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-17-2001, 04:04 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I remember reading that Finley has three choices this off-season. The first choice is unlikely - to not opt out of his contract. The second and third choices are based on his deciding to be a free agent. The second choice is to sign a long multi-year deal for the max. The third choice was to sign a one-year deal AND after next year sign a multi-year deal for a lot more money. Which way do you think he will go?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2001, 04:05 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Longterm max deal.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 04:13 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping he goes that way because if he signs the one year deal, we have to go through this anxiety again next off-season. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, the multi-year deal AFTER the one-year deal is a whole lot more money.
Old 05-17-2001, 04:17 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

True but if he signs a one-year deal, then that pretty much means he plans on re-signing the following year for some max $$ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2001, 04:28 PM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well I tell you what, it will be interesting. I think he will probably see if waiting that one year would make THAT big of a difference. If it won't, then I would assume he'll max himself out.
Old 05-17-2001, 04:32 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

I seem to remember it being in the order of 18 to 20 million more.
Old 05-17-2001, 04:38 PM   #7
TheKid
Diamond Member

I would sign the one year deal then. Finley can have some leverage too. If he really is the type of player who feels he needs to be the man (and I know he's not) then he'll be able to tell after one more year. Then he would know if he needs to test the market or not. I guess if I were him, and it was that significant of a difference, I would sign the one year deal also.
Old 05-17-2001, 05:11 PM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with theKid, I think Finley will go the 1-year route. He can see where the team has grown or failed and how he fits with them next season. I don't agree with some here who think Fin has to be the 'man' on this team but if he feels Dirk or someone else has taken on too much of a role, leaving him outside--he may opt to go to another team. I just don't see his role diminishing to that extent, even if Dirk becomes the #1 option. But, who knows?

The team was built around Finley, Nelson is the one who convinced Fin of his plan and goals for the team and what he would be part of when it all came together. We saw it begin last season and we saw what we did this season. I just don't see Finley leaving that even if his role does diminish some--I've always seen him as a team player, not a selfish one.
Old 05-17-2001, 05:12 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

Well said MavsFanFinley.
Old 05-17-2001, 05:22 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

That's exactly my thoughts (and hopes) MavsFanFinley
Old 05-18-2001, 06:29 PM   #11
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Well I hope he signs the biggest and longest contract he can this offseason.
Old 05-19-2001, 08:38 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

personally, sign the big contract now, that way if anything happens, he's guaranteed millions upon millions of dollars.
it's not worth the risk
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 03:01 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

Finley opted out of his contract as expected.

http://basketball.dallasnews.com/mav...6mavslede.html
Old 05-26-2001, 06:46 PM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It was expected...no surprises really there.

I wonder if he'll do the city tour things? I just don't see him doing it but, you never know?

I sure hope he does the max deal when all is said and done.
Old 05-26-2001, 07:50 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I don't think he'll do the city tour thing. He'll probably just stay at home and let the interested parties contact him. That's more his style.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 07:53 PM   #16
scooterj5
Golden Member

I doubt he does, because we have the best opportunity and best money around. Finley re-upped when we sucked, so I would be shocked if he didn't do it again.
Old 05-26-2001, 09:41 PM   #17
MFFL
Guru

Mark Cuban has actively pushed Finley to do the city visits. Cuban is VERY secure that Finley will resign. Cuban just wants Finley to get the PR from the rest of the cities in the NBA to build up Finley's reputation. If Finley is a bigger star it will enhance the Mavs reputation.
Old 05-27-2001, 02:17 AM   #18
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I'd be [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] if he didn't resign. It wouldn't be about money cause Cuban can offer him the most, not including all the luxeries he adds like the locker room stuff, etc...

MFFL is right, Cuban all along has encouraged Finley to opt out of his contract and test the market--see what he is worth. It'll be interesting and frightening to see Fin test the market. Im almost as confident as Cuban that Fin will return but it'll be freaky to see Fin draw interest from other teams and know that they could temp him to join the team.
Old 05-27-2001, 03:36 AM   #19
scooterj5
Golden Member

I'm sure the Bulls will be circulating rumours...
Old 05-27-2001, 09:20 PM   #20
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Scooter, I believe that. Krause has to give Chicago some kind of hope this summer.
Old 05-28-2001, 01:14 AM   #21
scooterj5
Golden Member

I'm sure he'll be looking at talented players on the summer, judging them on haircuts and not their games. (DARIUS MILES)
Old 05-29-2001, 03:18 PM   #22
TheKid
Diamond Member

Just for informational purposes, in Chicago this weekend I ran into the agent of a certain free agent this summer. He was actually at a restaurant I was at and I approached him because I've seen him in various magazines with Tim Hardaway before. I didn't want to bother him too much because it looked like he was trying to enjoy himself with his wife, but at the same time he was kind of impressed that I knew who he was. I asked him was there a chance of Finley coming to Chicago? He said, "not really!" He said, "they love Mike in Dallas and it would completely shock him if Fin decided to go somewhere other than Dallas." He did say in the end, "it's his decision not mine, but from what it looks like, Fin is going to be a Maverick for a long time."

So I take that as there's no chance of him signing a 1 year deal.
Old 05-29-2001, 05:25 PM   #23
TheKid
Diamond Member

Was reading dallasbasketball.com. What a coincidence, it looks like this IS FINLEY'S team afterall! Finley's Free
But It'll All End With Pub For Mavs

By Mike Fisher – DallasBasketball.com
“If Michael wants to stay, I’ll give him anything he wants.’’
And with that proclamation, Mavs owner Mark Cuban has done everything necessary to retain the services of opt-out Mav Michael Finley.
Finley’s agent, Henry Thomas, is saying his client will indeed become a free agent this summer. … And why not? Get wined. Get dined. Get exposure – for himself, and for the club he’s destined to re-join.
As Cuban recently told DB.com: “I’m saying it benefits him to opt out. It gives him exposure, it gives him publicity, and it does the same for us. See what’s out there, then come back to the Mavs. That’s what I think.’’
Free agent negotiations begin July 1. That’s when the All-Star Finley’s hometown Chicago Bulls and others will make their pitches. But none of their pitches will exceed what Cuban and the Mavs can give him: A seven-year, $118 million max-out deal that breaks down this way:
Max out for three years: $39,294,000
Max out for four years: $55,795,000
Max out for five years: $74,358,000
Max out for six years: $95,242,000
Max out for seven years: $118,736,000

“I believe it’s my job to make Michael as happy and as comfortable and as rich as possible, so he wants to come back here,’’ says Cuban, essentially promising he’ll offer the max-out deal.
There will be lots of speculation about Finley’s “options,’’ and because there is no downside to looking around, Cuban is encouraging Fin to do so. As the agent Thomas told the Dallas Morning News, “(Finley) is the kind of person who'd like to weigh all his options, whatever they might be.This is an option he now has, and he's going to take advantage of it.’’
Nothing inflates the image of stardom like a free-agent bidding war, and nothing inflates the reputation of a successful warring club like winning a prize in such a competition. So Finley sees the world, is shown on ESPN getting in and out of limousines, and sometime in July announces that after scouring the country for the best situation in the NBA, has come to the realization that Dallas is indeed that place.
Simple, huh?
Cuban has done a masterful job in assuring Finley that this is “Finley’s team.’’ It is Finley who is allowed a voice in roster moves, Finley who was consulted on the acquisition of buddy Juwan Howard, Finley who is moved to point guard to provide him more scoring chances, Finley who is credited with having helped “architect’’ this team, Finley who Cuban insists he wouldn’t even trade straight-up for MVP finalist Chris Webber.
Heck, the club has done everything but include a stylized version of Finley’s profile in the new logo!
Throughout this summer process, the owner will not be able to hide his “what, me worry?’’ feelings about Finley’s future. So fans are advised to take the same carefree approach. --Back--

Old 05-29-2001, 11:05 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

you know, i could care less what mike fisher says about dirk or the mavs. for whatever fish says, there's someone that says dirk is the/or is going to be the #1 guy on the team.

and you know what, no shit cuban is gonna tell finley that this is his team. finley is a free agent, of course he's going to say that, he wants to resign him.
what do you think they would be saying when dirk is a free agent?
dirk, this is your team. that's exactly what they'll say.

Old 05-29-2001, 11:09 PM   #25
MFFL
Guru

I wonder if Nellie/Cuban will sign Finley for more than 5 years. After a 5 year contract Finley will be 33. He will still be a contributor but he will also cost 10 mil a year. That may not be in the best interests of the Mavs.

(bracing for an assault)
Old 05-30-2001, 02:33 AM   #26
scooterj5
Golden Member

Wow those contract numbers are awesome. I hope Finley gets it, because heh will really deserve it.
Old 05-30-2001, 08:13 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

good call mffl, the mavs don't need to tie up too much money in players once they're getting older. if finley is at the top of his game at that time, then the mavs can resign him. But five years is long enough for this upcoming contract
Old 05-30-2001, 09:58 AM   #28
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well Murph, you're trying to be a psychologist. You "think" you know what Cuban's thinking. You "think" he's saying the right things JUST because that's what he's suppose to do. Well the way I see it is, Cuban is not a person who needs to or would sugar coat ANYTHING! He's been a straight shooter since he's been here, why would he be saying the right things SOLELY to please someone? He never has before. Also, if he truly thinks Dallas is the place to be or if everyone would want to be here, then he wouldn't need to do that. He could get someone as good or better than Finley here and he could let Fin walk. However he's NOT! I'm believing what the man says, not what some reporter may say or think. The truth is you HATE it! You HATE the thought that you're going to be wrong and this WON'T be Dirk's team next year, and I think it's hilarious. Truth be known, I could care less if it's Dirk's team or Mike's team, all I know is this if they win, that's the important part. You sir are either bitter or jealous or I don't have any idea what's up your butt about Finley, but get over it because you're going to be seeing him take ALOT of those fadaways you hate so much for many years to come!
Old 05-30-2001, 10:09 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

anyone that thinks that cuban and nellie are going to be doing anything other than saying all the right things to finley right now since he's a free agent is a dumbass. if you fit into that category, so be it.
of course they're going to say everything to make sure that finley is coming back to dallas.

Answer this, what owner and gm wouldn't do the same thing if they were in that situation? They aren't idiots. they're going to say almost anything and everything that michael finley wants to hear to guarantee that he comes back to dallas.

Do you actually think that cuban wanted finley to opt out and become a free agent after the season? Why would he? No reason at all. He would have rather finley played with his current contract and negotiated from there, signing an extension that would make him very rich.

and guess what, i've said probably 30-40 times in the past 3-4 weeks that I hope finley does resign, the mavericks need him. If you are too stupid to understand that, then there's no help for you. Yes, i called you a dumbass and stupid, but it's fitting. No apologies.

and your point about fisher saying it, so it must be true. I'm sorry, but I value norm hitzges' opinion over fisher's any day. Norm agrees with what I said about dirk being the #1 guy. does that make me right? No. Dirk's play next year will make me right about that.

You know what, i hope finley does have a good year next year, because this isn't about Michael Finley. This is about you refusing to read what anyone else says. This is about you getting upset and pissing yourself when anyone says anything aremotely negative about finley. You read over everything positive that people say just to bitch about someone saying that dirk will be the all-star next year. and don't give me shit about making personal comments towards you because that's all that you've been doing. So shut the hell up unless you have something worth being said. If you want to make a point against me, don't ignore the 30-40 times i've said I want finley back to make a point against me about not wanting finley here. Unless you have trouble reading, then you must be simply ignoring what people write so that you can bitch and moan.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:44 AM   #30
TheKid
Diamond Member

It only takes for someone to disagree with you for you to show your true bitch ass! (Yes I am stooping to your level) I said in that post, I don't care what ANY REPORTER SAYS, that includes Fish or the guy you're referring to! They mean NOTHING!!! I will believe and listen to ONLY what Nelson and Cuban says! If they thought this was going to be Dirk's team, they would say it! It's NOT! It's Fin's team now DEAL WITH IT!!!! Fuck what you think!

I'm talking here and now, I don't want to hear about what's going to happen in five years from now. News flash when it's time for changing of the guards Fin will be probably thinking retirement, then guess what, Dirk will be about 27 or 28 and some new young stud will be in then people will be arguing about it's time for someone else to take over the team!

So if I'm a dumbass, I'll be a dumbass, but that makes Cuban one too. Because as he's said MANY TIMES (which is a FACT)"THIS IS FIN'S TEAM"! You're theory or your belief or whatever the hell you're thinking is getting out of hand. NO SHIT, someone is going to say good things about someone they want to stay, who the hell is debating that? My point is, do you hear him saying the same thing about Bradley? Do you hear him saying, "Bradley isn't going anywhere, this is Bradley's team?" NO!!!!! Let me tell you something too, with the new zone changes, Bradley will be a HUGE asset to the Mavericks next year, so HE SHOULD be saying all the right things about him, but he's not sticking his neck out there for Bradley! He simply has stated, we want him back and that's it! So what's your theory on that one, I'm sure you have one. You are such a damn god anyway who knows what everyone is thinking? My question to you is, why don't you own a team, you have such a great mind, why don't you go out buy a team and own it and say all the right things for your free agents!

Another thing, you keep talking about how you want Finley back, etc. etc. Then you get all pissed off when people ask you or believe you are such a Finley hater. I don't think you read your own posts? If you read half the shit you write there is no way in the world you could HONESTLY say you are a Finley supporter! There's one thing to point out a person's flaws or weaknesses, but it's something completely different to down right bash someone! It doesn't take a rocket scientist OR even sixth grader to recognize the difference!

You're take on him, Finley shoots terrible from the field, makes terrible decisions, has a terrible handle, shoots too much, has tunnel vision with Juwan Howard (who probably is the ONLY player you've shown more dislike than Finley), and also you think this team would be just as good without Finley. However in saying all of that, you want someone to believe that you really do like Finley? Whatever!
Old 05-30-2001, 11:21 AM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

my problem is with you. No matter how many times i've said that I know the mavericks need finley and that I want him here, you constantly come back and make dumbass comments about me not wanting finley here. I've said it several times. So just get off of it. You get pissed off because dirk is in all likeliness going to be the best player on the team next year. you get pissed off when anyone says it.
Look, I want finley here and i know the mavs need him to win. I've said that countless times and i don't think that I should have to defend myself on that point. If you're ignorant enough not to see that, so be it.

If you can recall facts, I said i think the mavs would squeek into the 8th spot in the playoffs next year without finley. I think the mavs are a top 3-4 team next year with him. that's a big difference. You have no basis for your claims. so get off of it

and guess what, it's not finley's team, unless the team wants to be centered around the second best player.
Old 05-30-2001, 11:39 AM   #32
TheKid
Diamond Member

You should recognize that you're completely wrong about me not wanting Dirk to flourish. I said JUST YESTERDAY, Dirk in all likelihood would be a starter on the All-star team and Fin would be voted in as a reserve! Go back and check! Does that sound like someone who doesn't recognize or want to give Dirk his due? NO!

Also, you have JUST contradicted yourself. As you stated I don't read your posts and in several posts when you do your "typical" backtracking you've stated, "Fin is the best player on the team and probably will be for a year or two." Now you're saying he's the second best player on the team, so find an argument, stick to it please. That comment just shows it's a waste of time arguing ANYTHING with you!
Old 05-30-2001, 12:32 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

yes, through alot of the year, i did think that finley would still be the best player on the team next year. Yes, since late in the season and into the playoffs, i do believe that dirk will be the best player on the team next year, what's the problem with that?

the problem is you constantly attacking me about not liking finley when i've said several times that i want the mavs to resign him and that the mavs need him next year if they want to stay at the same level and/or improve in the standings.
so why the hell do you try and rub it in my face about the mavs resigning finley when I want them to resign finley. IT MAKES NO SENSE, NONE WHATSOEVER.
Old 05-30-2001, 01:11 PM   #34
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 01:24 PM   #35
BMF

BMF is on a distinguished road

I don't mean to get into your discussion of who should be the man next year, but does it matter?

Isn't it our best asset that we have such a "family" environment here in Dallas, where all the players like each other, and play well together?

IMO, Finley doesn't have all the technical skills to take over a team, and score at will like Iverson, Carter and McGrady do. But he is definitely a leader on the court, and all the other players know that. Dirk is developing the technical skills to be a top 10 player in the league, but so far hasn't shown he can lead a team, and be the one that everybody else respects and worships.

My point is we're lucky they complement each other, and like playing with each other, and don't care what the rest of the world thinks. Neither of them is nearly as selfish as those other players I mentioned. They know they're the men!, and that's what matters as long as the team is winning.

And by stimulating this kind of debate thru fan boards, and letting the media catch up to it, we might create a controversy that ends up spoiling the good relationship that they have rather than benefiting the team. Just MO.
BMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 01:51 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

actually, dirk hit 50% of his shots in crunch time last year. that is definitely showing leadership, hitting key shots in the clutch.

My only problem is his failure to read what I post and then blast me because of his failure to read what i've said. Time upon time, i've said that I want finley back and that the mavs need him, yet dumbass continues to his crap saying that I don't want finley here. it's just old. Dirk will prove next year that he's the best player on the team, but until then, there's no reason to argue about it. However, you do not need to be putting words into my mouth.
Old 05-30-2001, 02:26 PM   #37
TheKid
Diamond Member

BMF, your point is well taken. Also, it's probably true. Like I've said many times, we're LUCKY that Fin isn't looking to be an Iverson or Carter. Whether he has the skills to be a player of that caliber has never been the issue in my eyes, it's always been that he's the leader and what you said is true.

Murph, you get defensive when everyone says that. You wonder why so many people say you're a Finley hater? You make it seem like I'm the first person who said it. I'm not, and I guarantee I'm not the last!

I'm going to use this analogy and leave it alone. How you talk about Finley is like this. Let's say he's a "fine woman". Not the best looking woman but a damn good one that MANY men would be happy to have. You break down of this fine woman would be like this.

Well yes, she's very good looking, BUT she can improve drastically. I wouldn't say she's the best. I think there are others out there who are better. She isn't the best in bed, with some work she could improve in that department. I would definately take someone else who can do it all in bed and has better promise, but for now she's good. The only problem is I really don't see her improving that much because most women don't really change their ways after a certain age. That's the main problem, I only see her declining, hopefully she doesn't though but in all likelihood she will. However I want to stay with her!
Old 05-30-2001, 02:45 PM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

i don't have any use for any of your analogies. I definitely don't have any use for you attempting to be intelligent either. The majority of the people that post here realize that I've said numerous times that I want finley here and that I don't think he'll be traded and that I don't want him to be traded. If you're not intelligent enough to figure that out, then I'm sorry for you.
Why do you try and change the subject into a fin versus dirk thing? it's not a fin versus dirk thing that started this arguing. It's a you putting words into my mouth issue that is the problem here. This has nothing to do with fin versus dirk. This has to do with you selectively taking one thing out of a post and harping on it, regardless of what context something was said in.
Old 05-30-2001, 02:53 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

here's an analogy for you.
finley, borderline great player, won't get much better. Dirk, borderline great player, in all likeliness will get much better. Dirk and fin, basically playing at the same level this past year when one player (finley) is in his prime, and the other player, Dirk, isn't in his prime, probably 3-5 years away from his prime.
Now, finley may be the slightly better player this past year, that is definitely debateable. If Dirk improves much at all, he will definitely be the better player. All indications are pointing towards dirk improving significantly again for next year.
As of this point, finley probably took more shots in the clutch, but dirk was more effective, shot for a higher percentage in the clutch. Now, by your definition in the past, performance in the clutch is what makes finley such a great player. Well, deal with it, dirk shot better in the clutch this past year.

Finley, I hope he resigns for 4-5 years or so, and I hope he scores his 20-21 points a game for the next 5 years. I hope he also helps to bring a championship to the mavs. but he's not going to be the best player.

You're the one that has the problem dealing with the truth.
Old 05-30-2001, 02:57 PM   #40
TheKid
Diamond Member

Now I'm the one trying to make it into a Dirk verse Fin thing. Well for starters, I posted an article that I read and I thought it was a good article and I was referring to what MARK CUBAN said about this being Fin's team. YOU decided to get pissed and bitter and start saying I was not intelligent because I wasn't recognizing that they were saying what they needed to say, etc. etc. etc. You're concerned about me not reading your posts, read your own and you'll see how this entire thing started.

Also, your constant attempt to try to belittle my intelligence is just down right OLD and corny. That's what you say ALL the time to someone who points out the obvious. Do I start calling you unintellingent when you start you threads about "Dirk being the future of the Mavericks?" etc. etc. No I don't! There are SEVERAL people on here who feel you dislike Fin. Even MFFL who is probably one of your biggest supporters said something to you one time about your constant denegration of Finley. However I'm the only one who unintelligent and who can't recognize what that you want Finley back, etc. etc. GET REAL!

I guess you aren't Lam, because LAM was big enough to just come out and say, he didn't like Finley!