Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #81
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Lost - Season 2

wow what an episode

frustrated, but lost is still greatness in the form of a tv show

my guess to desmond is that hes this great killer and hes being quaratined in the hatch.
probably not true cause everything seems to be confusing me
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2005, 02:50 PM   #82
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lost - Season 2

The reason Desmond was ticked off was because he only got to take a shower, the other 2 S'es were interrupted. That's why his face was unshaven.

Well, I guess that really depends on what order he does the 3 S'es in. It was obvious he didn't do that yet by the scruff on his face. We know he showered. So the other S getting done depends on if shaving is number 2 or 3 in his order.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:01 PM   #83
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else find it interesting that Desmond slept in bunkbeds, and the bottom bed looked like perhaps it might have been used at one time (books on the head board, etc.)?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #84
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Easy answer: people need lovin. If there isnt a woman around, then a man will suffice. If there isnt a man around, Danielle will do.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #85
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking that might have been for Ethan Rom.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:12 PM   #86
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
I was thinking that might have been for Ethan Rom.
that too
Old 09-22-2005, 03:16 PM   #87
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting backstory connection last night. I can't take credit for this, read it on a board, but I did check it out and it seems to check out.

It looks like the guy that died in the other car in the accident with Sarah was Shannon's Dad. Shannon's last name is Rutherford, and at the hostpital the guy was presented as "Adam Rutherford, 58". We found out last season that Shannon's dad died shortly after marrying Boon's mom.

Now, my question is, how does this affect our time line? Does anyone remember if Shannon mentioned how old she was when her dad died? Because she can't have been that young. One of the police officer's in that hospital scene was carrying a "fairly" recent cell phone. There's no way this is pre 1998, I think.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-22-2005, 03:20 PM   #88
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Yeah I caught that also.... I think the creators have also said that the survivors have all crossed paths in their lives.

Wonder how pissed off Shannon is going to be when she finds out that Jack not only presided over her Brothers death, but a decision he made on who to care for may have cost her Father his life.

And add to that the one he did save he ended up marrying. I see some pent up Shannon rage coming out soon.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:23 PM   #89
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Also, the full name of the other victim was Adam Rutherford. Has she said her fathers name?
Old 09-22-2005, 03:24 PM   #90
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Also.... this is my last also I think....

Mr. Rutherford died at 8:15.

Those numbers just pop up everywhere.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #91
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yup, everywhere. There was a 108 inside the sun on that murial in the hatch, 108 is the sum of the numbers.

Man there's too much to stuff to list.

BTW, anyone else seen the stuff about Walt? Apparantly when he spoke to Shannon, he was speaking in reverse. If isolate and reverse it, he says "Pus the button, no button is bad".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-22-2005, 04:21 PM   #92
yukmunky

yukmunky is on a distinguished road

I think that man was actually Boone's dad and was Shannon's step-dad. Wasn't Boone upset with Shannon's Mom for how she commandered his Dad's money after his death?
yukmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:23 PM   #93
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Pretty sure it's the other way around...I'll have to go back and watch a few episodes...

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-22-2005, 04:24 PM   #94
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Shannon's last name is Rutherford. Boone's is Carlisle.

check it
Old 09-22-2005, 04:25 PM   #95
yukmunky

Either way, if Jack saves him the chain of events that leads Shannon to Australia probably doesn't happen. The fight over the money started when her Mom's next husband died. Next thing we know of, Shannon started running away knowing she could bilk her brother out of money she felt she was owed.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:26 PM   #96
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Shannon's last name is Rutherford. Boone's is Carlisle.

check it
Old 09-22-2005, 04:29 PM   #97
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

And also, it was Boone's mom that married Shannon's dad. Boone's the one with the money, and Shannon pulls tricks to get money out of Boone by acting like "boyfriends" are beating her up... so Boone goes and pays the boyfriend off to leave Shannon alone.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:29 PM   #98
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

In Episode 13, the boyfriend says that Shannon is just getting what's she's owed, because Boon mother took all the money after her daddy died.

It's Shannon's dad in the ER.

Edit..yeah, what U2 said. He was quicker.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #99
yukmunky

That's right. I knew something seemed wrong when I was trying to explain it the way I did.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:13 AM   #100
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still confused by the first scene. When Desmond wakes up, the light source shining in from the window sure appears to be a "natural" light source, and not something artificial.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:36 AM   #101
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Yeah... but if you go back and look at it it's apparent that it is not natural. The blinds give the false sense that it is natural.

It would be impossible to be natural, right? I think we will find it's just some flourescent bulbs..... ANOTHER thing he would have to have restocked somehow.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:56 AM   #102
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Keep in mind when he started to look through the telescope he flipped the lights off, right?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-23-2005, 09:57 AM   #103
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man, another double post.

I get a time out error everytime I post now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-23-2005, 10:05 AM   #104
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: jthig32
Keep in mind when he started to look through the telescope he flipped the lights off, right?
Excellent point. We are going to be talking about this episode for 2 weeks, until we find out more about Craphole Hatch.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:31 AM   #105
yukmunky

Is it not possible that his living area is so far down one of those underground tunnels that it overlooks out the side of a cliff area? That is what I thought when I saw that.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:35 PM   #106
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Well, I guess it's possible, but two things:
1. It was night when they blew the hatch. While obviously he woke up well before they blew it, it couldn't have been hours and hours. And it certainly wasn't morning.

2. He turned all the lights off and everything went dark when he went to the telescope.

It's artificial light.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-23-2005, 02:50 PM   #107
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: jthig32
Well, I guess it's possible, but two things:
1. It was night when they blew the hatch. While obviously he woke up well before they blew it, it couldn't have been hours and hours. And it certainly wasn't morning.

2. He turned all the lights off and everything went dark when he went to the telescope.

It's artificial light.

So, does this mean he sleeps all day and is awake at night? If so, does that have any significance?

Also, what is the possibility that the hatch is so deep underground that he is actually in China?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #108
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

lol..... China. With 40-50 tops feet of rope?

Maybe they are so far down that what we are mistaking as "natural light" is actually the "natural glow" of the Magma of the Earths Core? [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

Has anyone been reading about the controversy on what is actually said by Walt to Shannon? I can't find a single site with a concensus on what he actually said (played in reverse).

JJ Abrams is a freaking genius.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:03 PM   #109
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I really regret going out for a drink WEdnesday night. Wow, there are so many things I missed.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:14 PM   #110
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Well, unless the .wav file I downloaded is fake, I can tell you exactley what he said, or let you listen for yourself....

I'll post it in a minute.

Here it is

Now, at least to me, this .wav clearly says "Press the button no button is bad"

The question is the intended meaning. It could be:

A. "Press the button....no button is bad" In which he wants someone to press the button, and believes all the buttons are good.

or

B. "Press the button...no, button is bad" In which he at first wants someone to press the button, and then has a change of heart and says the buttons are bad.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-23-2005, 03:16 PM   #111
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
lol..... China. With 40-50 tops feet of rope?

Maybe they are so far down that what we are mistaking as "natural light" is actually the "natural glow" of the Magma of the Earths Core? [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
I'm quite sure the light came from downtown beijing...

Old 09-23-2005, 03:19 PM   #112
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

jthig... I've listened to them all. And everytime I read someone elses interpretation I listen to it and it sounds like that interpretation.

Sexrex - I was thinking that looked like Tiananmen Square light. It had a reddish glow to it.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:29 PM   #113
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

maybe a Russian sub
Old 09-23-2005, 06:30 PM   #114
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everything didn't go dark. There was still light coming from behind the windows, and in front of the telescope there was a hole in the ceiling with light shining through.

I can't wait to rewatch this one...how the hell do you determine what someone is saying backwards???????????????

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:32 PM   #115
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

you are right mary, however it still looks artificial to me. But it has to be. I mean, logically. Not that logic has had anything to do with this show. But for that to be possible they would have a lot of splainin' to do.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:46 PM   #116
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Did ethan ever say anything about 'staying away from the hatch'?

Walt saying push the button, could he mean the button on the computer? the button that locke so adamantly ordered Jack to not push..
Maybe this is the start of the walt vs locke .. good vs evil. like the foreshadowed backgammon games. but which is good and which evil?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:41 AM   #117
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I like buttons...

amazing episode....did anyone see the extra scene?? I missed it....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #118
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
I like buttons...

amazing episode....did anyone see the extra scene?? I missed it....

what extra scene?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:37 PM   #119
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

on good morning america. They show a scene that was cut from the show. i didn't see it, though.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:23 AM   #120
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

did anyone see it?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote