Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-23-2015, 08:57 AM   #1
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

You resign Ellis (notice how his decline coincided with the Rondo trade?), TC, Aminu, Felton opts in, pick up team option on Powell, sign Jeremy Lin, sign best backup big we can find. Fill out depth with min salary vets.

Harris, Felton
Ellis, Lin
Parons, Aminu
Dirk, Powell
Chandler, ?
Old 04-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Amare isn't sticking around for this mess. Honestly don't want to think about the roster because it's going to be a slow death for the next season or so.

On monta: I don't know. I guess you sign him and have him as a trade piece. Kind of don't want him long term. Dirks knee said he declined when Rondo got here. But I think he will still be moody monta wherever he goes. He's done it in GS and Bucks. He's like that girl you're always trying to please and keep in a good mood because she's hot but doesn't offer much else. Eventually you have to cut ties

Don't know their situation but guys I like as guards: Jarrett Jack, Shaun Livingston (wanted him when he was with nets) and George Hill (doubt he'd leave)

Last edited by Melonhead; 04-23-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #3
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Amare isn't sticking around for this mess. Honestly don't want to think about the roster because it's going to be a slow death for the next season or so.

On monta: I don't know. I guess you sign him and have him as a trade piece. Kind of don't want him long term. Dirks knee said he declined when Rondo got here. But I think he will still be moody monta wherever he goes. He's done it in GS and Bucks. He's like that girl you're always trying to please and keep in a good mood because she's hot but doesn't offer much else. Eventually you have to cut ties

Don't know their situation but guys I like as guards: Jarrett Jack, Shaun Livingston (wanted him when he was with nets) and George Hill (doubt he'd leave)
Regarding Monta, he hasn't played good in a couple month. But we should remember that he was the #1 offensive option on this team and despite the poor team playoff performance so far we did win 50. I get it that 50 may be an outdated threshold for success in the west, but I think the best chance at being better next season is the keep as many starters as possible (in other words all but Rondo). We'll have plenty of time to tank/rebuild after Dirk retires.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
dirkhorse

dirkhorse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
You resign Ellis (notice how his decline coincided with the Rondo trade?), TC, Aminu, Felton opts in, pick up team option on Powell, sign Jeremy Lin, sign best backup big we can find. Fill out depth with min salary vets.

Harris, Felton
Ellis, Lin
Parons, Aminu
Dirk, Powell
Chandler, ?
Ok
that team will miss playoffs.
dirkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #5
Dirk's Knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkhorse View Post
Ok
that team will miss playoffs.
We've been barely over .500 since the Rondo trade. That's how good the team was starting the season. Yes, missing some depth but bench players are much easier to find than starters.