Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-26-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Tech has a decent shot. If UT has a couple turnovers and Tech doesn't, I think Tech wins. Without that, though, I think UT will ultimately outlast them.

Also, I don't buy the "improved defense and run game" stuff. Tech won't run much next week, and McCoy will pick that defense apart. IMO, if Tech wins, it will be because Harrell abused the Texas pass D, not because of an allegedly improved run game or defense.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:09 AM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Tech has a decent shot. If UT has a couple turnovers and Tech doesn't, I think Tech wins. Without that, though, I think UT will ultimately outlast them.

Also, I don't buy the "improved defense and run game" stuff. Tech won't run much next week, and McCoy will pick that defense apart. IMO, if Tech wins, it will be because Harrell abused the Texas pass D, not because of an allegedly improved run game or defense.

Turnovers, obviously, will be a major deciding factor. It's just going to be who can get that well-timed turnover. One that can create momentum and make the opponent feel like they're climbing uphill. Both teams give up a ton of passing yards....the QBs will dissect you and just rip you apart. It may or may not be a surprise but Tech is tops in the conference in interceptions, 11, so that's something to look for with Colt's amazing accuracy. Does that make Tech a monster on defense, no...but it is still a surprising fact. It's their toughest test, so it needs to be seen if the stats hold up against the competition.

The O-line for Tech is going to protect the line and give Harrell time to find and follow his reads. If he's pressured and ruins the flow of the offense, that spells big trouble for Tech.

They are two gifted teams in terms of staying on the field...both well into the 50% range on converting 3rd downs...someone is going to need to find a way to force the punt team to come on.

The home field advantage will play a huge role in it. It wraps everything together. It can lead to sloppy play, for either team. Those fans are going to be jacked up and will be loud. Can it rattle the Horns and can Tech use it to their advantage? If Tech is able to harness it and come out confident, they'll have a really good chance to get the big win.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-26-2008 at 02:10 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ut football