Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-07-2004, 10:33 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default David Bluthenthal signed by Kings

David Bluthenthal signed by Kings

Jonathan Givony (RealGM/Draftcity.com)

6-7 American-Israeli Small Forward David Bluthenthal came to terms on a one year deal with the Sacramento Kings today. The contract will be signed on Monday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed by his agent Michael Siegel.

Bluthenthal earned a spot on the roster for next year largely through an excellent summer league campaign with the Kings at Summer Pro league in Long Beach.

Bluthenthal says he is "very excited to sign with the Kings. It's been my dream to play in the NBA since I was 4 years old and now that dream is finally happening."

Bluthenthal will most likely backup Peja Stojakovic for the Kings if they decide not to grant his request to be traded.

Bluthenthal says that "Peja is a great player. I love to win and having Peja on my team would increase my chances of doing that. He needs to do what's right for him, though."

Bluthenthal's former team, European champions Maccabi Tel Aviv, will now be looking for a replacement and is already in contact with Nestor Kommatos, a 6-8 Greek forward that averaged 21 points per game last season for Aris Thessaloniki, according to the Israeli basketball site Salnews.com, who also reported the Bluthenthal signing.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:13 PM   #2
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default RE:David Bluthenthal signed by Kings

Figured that was coming. He supposedly looked good in the summer league. He is the kind of guy who could do well there. He has good ball skills and can do a little bit of everything.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:45 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: David Bluthenthal signed by Kings

Who?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 05:37 PM   #4
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Who?
Exactly... the kings arent looking like they are in very good shape. I would be shocked if they finished in front of the mavs this year with all of their problems. Peja & jackson dont want to be there. C-webb is going to be "more selfish". No divac and no depth. The whole adleman thing. Their window for a title has officially closed.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 06:29 PM   #5
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

He's a great player for them,the guy has skills.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 06:45 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy
He's a great player for them,the guy has skills.
np- could you be a little biased? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 07:03 PM   #7
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Could be,but i can still see his potential,the guy is 6'8 if im not mistaken,very athletic and has a very nice leap,excellent for 3 and 2,can shoot the FT,and he's an above average defender.
Off course all of this is in european level,and not NBA',but its at the very top european level,Maccabi won the Euroleague Finals against Skipper Bologna 118-74,same Skipper who lost 2-3 of its players to the NBA.
Bluthenthal played 17 minutes,added 20 points on 4-5 for 2,4-5 for 3 shooting.
If we found a player like Marquise on the summer league,so could they.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote