Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2007, 03:52 AM   #1
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future
Default Warriors G Davis reportedly wants long-term extension

Quote:
Warriors G Davis reportedly wants long-term extension

September 23, 2007
BOSTON (TICKER) -- Baron Davis apparently has a simple message for the Golden State Warriors: Sign me or lose me.

The veteran guard, who led the Warriors to a shocking postseason upset of the Dallas Mavericks last season, will opt out of his contract if he is not signed to a long-term extension now, according to a report in the Boston Globe.

Davis, 28, has two years left on his contract, but can opt out at the end of the coming campaign. That appears to be exactly what he plans to do without a new deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

"There hasn't been too much talking. But in the next two weeks, I'm going to make a decision if I will re-sign or play the season out and be a free agent," Davis told the Globe. "I know where I want to be. I know what I want to do. You just have to see if the team that you're playing for wants you the most. Hopefully, we'll find out that soon."

Davis is coming off a season in which he averaged 20.1 points and 8.1 assists during the regular season and actually got better in the playoffs, averaging 25.3 points.

Opting out of his final year would cost him $17.81 million, but Davis knows he is in a very strong negotiating position right now.

A Californian born and raised, Davis says he wants to stay, but it will be up to the team to make it happen.

"I'm very happy there," he said. "That's the place I want to be. I feel like I'm starting something new and I want to finish on a great note. What better place to do it than a place that hasn't had that kind of recognition and that was in the dumps for years and years? And now we have something that everyone wants to be a part of.

"For me, it's taking a team I've been with and struggled with for the last 2 1/2 years and we've been able to turn it around. We just have to see how much they trust me and want me."
Yeah yeah, F you!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote