Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-26-2020, 11:12 PM   #41
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-26-2020 at 11:12 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2020, 12:16 AM   #42
LukaThaDon

LukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of light

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...urn-rapid-dive

It sounds like they should not have flown as LAPD copter pilots did not fly due to poor visibility. The pilot was also flying too low for radar to pick their signal up.

Last edited by LukaThaDon; 01-27-2020 at 12:18 AM.
LukaThaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:31 AM   #43
LukaThaDon

LukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of light

I know I'm probably overposting in this thread, but I'll end with this.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:44 AM   #44
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I have to admit that celebrity deaths generally do not effect me emotionally at all, but when I heard the news, the first thing it made me think of was seeing him on the sideline with his daughter at that last game, and I instantly felt gut punched over her death.
It’s hard to. Especially for millennials....you essentially grew up with Kobe your whole life and don’t even realize it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #45
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
It’s hard to. Especially for millennials....you essentially grew up with Kobe your whole life and don’t even realize it.
I am 32, so I qualify as millennial. I think I first heard of Kobe when I was nine. I can just barely remember a time when Kobe wasn’t part of my life as a basketball fan.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:40 AM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

There were 3 children on that helicopter, including Kobe's daughter. One girl's father (a college coach) and mother were also in the crash, leaving her sister an orphan. The other child's mother was in the crash, and the last passenger was one of Gigi's basketball coaches. Just horrible.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-27-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:28 AM   #47
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well if you think about it this is different. This is arguably the best player of all time dying in the prime of his life. I don’t think it’s ever happened. But I still think Cuban is doing too much. It comes across as selfish on his part. Do this a year from now and I could respect it.
Yes, it's different..and I can't really think of anyone worth listening to that believes that he's the best player in the history of the NBA... Top 10..probably so. The best?

It's happened in other sports. It truly is sad, but Cuban is off base doing this.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:30 AM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There were 3 children on that helicopter, including Kobe's daughter. One girl's father (a college coach) and mother were also in the crash, leaving her sister an orphan. The other child's mother was in the crash, and the last passenger was one of Gigi's basketball coaches. Just horrible.
To me, that's the hardest part.. the death of the children. I think any parent feels that..
Old 01-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #49
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

The hardest part is the suddenness. The unthinkable. No, I don't think every time a legend dies you have to retire the number, but this wasn't just any legend, and his death was very much a sudden thing to deal with. No problem with how Cuban approached it.

So saddened to hear the news. I had just got done golfing with some buddies and we were having lunch. Didn't believe the news alert when my buddy got it, and we all went to start to verify. Crazy.

I said on other mediums one of the things that will stick for me is yelling "Kobe!" for simple shit like wadding up a piece a paper and going for the trash can or just fooling around in a gym.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:15 PM   #50
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I said on other mediums one of the things that will stick for me is yelling "Kobe!" for simple shit like wadding up a piece a paper and going for the trash can or just fooling around in a gym.
This right here. If you said any other name you were doing it wrong (I tried using "Dirk!" back in the day and it felt . . . off).

Old 01-27-2020, 12:17 PM   #51
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
To me, that's the hardest part.. the death of the children. I think any parent feels that..
Yeah, this would have been a national story even if Kobe wasn't on the helicopter. Just devastating, especially for the young girl who just lost both of her parents and her sister.

Old 01-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #52
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe-ing is a big part of gaming too for any gamers out there. I tried to kobe off the hook in dead by daylight last night in honor...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:55 PM   #53
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

The suddenness is definitely tough. Kobe was starting to come around and share his passion for the game, and provide his insight since he retired. I was never a Kobe fan, but I respected the hell out him for his drive and work ethic. This news ruined my day yesterday, and it’s certainly still lingering today. Reading the way he has impacted so many lives is tough. Really makes you check your priorities. Life is short, and tomorrow isn’t promised.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:58 PM   #54
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
This right here. If you said any other name you were doing it wrong (I tried using "Dirk!" back in the day and it felt . . . off).
No doubt. I also tried "Dirk!" but felt the same, only worked on goofy one-legged fade-away attempts.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:05 PM   #55
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I am 32, so I qualify as millennial. I think I first heard of Kobe when I was nine. I can just barely remember a time when Kobe wasn’t part of my life as a basketball fan.
I’m 35, so I remember him getting drafted. Kobe was a star during my youth and learning to love sports especially basketball. Tough to think that he’s just gone like that. He had a lot left to give.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:06 PM   #56
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Was never a fan but respected how hard he worked and how much he loved the game. I feel so sorry for all of the families involved. Seeing recent pictures of Kobe with his daughter is just heartbreaking.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:28 PM   #57
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it's different..and I can't really think of anyone worth listening to that believes that he's the best player in the history of the NBA... Top 10..probably so. The best?

It's happened in other sports. It truly is sad, but Cuban is off base doing this.
I don't think he was saying that Kobe is the best player of all time. He's saying Kobe is the best player to ever die so young. And I think that's absolutely true. And I can't think of any comparison in any other sport. Walter Payton maybe? But as great as Payton was, even he wasn't the global icon that Kobe was.

If I owned the Mavs, I personally wouldn't do this, but I don't see why it should bother anyone. Kobe was NOT just any player- nor did he die under normal circumstances. and this has not and will not happen when just any NBA player or even NBA legend dies. Additionally, Kobe had a long history with Cuban and the Mavs personally. It's obvious Kobe meant something personal to Cuban that other players don't. I don't think Cuban would do the same for any other player, really- even Lebron or Shaq. MAYBE Duncan just because the Mavs and Spurs have so much history.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 01-27-2020 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:23 PM   #58
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I don't think he was saying that Kobe is the best player of all time. He's saying Kobe is the best player to ever die so young. And I think that's absolutely true. And I can't think of any comparison in any other sport. Walter Payton maybe? But as great as Payton was, even he wasn't the global icon that Kobe was.

If I owned the Mavs, I personally wouldn't do this, but I don't see why it should bother anyone. Kobe was NOT just any player- nor did he die under normal circumstances. and this has not and will not happen when just any NBA player or even NBA legend dies. Additionally, Kobe had a long history with Cuban and the Mavs personally. It's obvious Kobe meant something personal to Cuban that other players don't. I don't think Cuban would do the same for any other player, really- even Lebron or Shaq. MAYBE Duncan just because the Mavs and Spurs have so much history.
I think Cuban did it because of the relationship/rivalry they had. Cuban wasn’t around for MJ, so it doesn’t make much sense to retire 23, but since Cuban owned the team all through Kobe’s career I get it.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM   #59
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

As a Mavs fan, I obviously rooted against Kobe his whole career. But my respect for him and his work ethic grew over the years, to the point that I truly admired him and held his accomplishments right up there with MJ.

The thing I appreciated most about Kobe late in his career was his sincere respect and appreciation for Dirk. His appearance in Dirk's documentary spoke volumes. And who can forget four years ago almost to the day when Dirk hit the game winner against the Lakers at Staples Center and Kobe gave him an approving nod and a pat on the back from the Laker bench. Greatness knows greatness!

RIP
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:20 PM   #60
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I think Cuban could've waited a few days and those around here would receive it better. Its not about him. Even if it was meant as a loving, selfless tribute, it would've actually meant more later on.

Last edited by mac222b; 01-27-2020 at 05:21 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:07 PM   #61
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I think Cuban could've waited a few days and those around here would receive it better. Its not about him. Even if it was meant as a loving, selfless tribute, it would've actually meant more later on.
Like, who cares? It was emotional reaction, and he obviously meant well. I've not heard or read even one person outside of this thread on this obscure Mavs forum that actually has a problem with it. Anyone who is actually bothered by this either has an agenda or they're just being irrational. Either way, they need to get the fuck over it.

Mark Cuban didn't wait an obligatory three days or a year or whatever to.... express grief? Because when someone dies, that's not the time for gestures and tributes????
Old 01-27-2020, 07:25 PM   #62
LukaThaDon

Ok I lied 1 more post. There's a petition with 300,000+ signatures to make Kobe the new NBA logo.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:20 AM   #63
Underdog

@FOXSportsSW: Jason Terry discusses how his daughter's team was scheduled to play Gianna Bryant's team yesterday. https://twitter.com/FOXSportsSW/stat...55709950222343

Old 01-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #64
Murphy3
Guru

Another thing to think about... This isn't meant to say that I think he was guilty or not guilty.. it's simply that he was accused of rape. With what the Mavs went through recently, is it the best move to retire someone's number from another team that was brought up on such allegations? We will never know the truth of the incident. I tend to believe that Kobe was probably innocent. But isn't this sending an odd message? "We take a hard stance against the treatment of women in the workplace... Hey, let's retire Kobe's number!"
Old 01-28-2020, 09:22 AM   #65
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Me either man. From his statement to this move. Just not the time.
It screams "look at me"...
Old 01-28-2020, 09:35 AM   #66
Underdog

EMOTIONS HIT DONCIC, HARDAWAY, CARLISLE HARD IN FIRST GAME AFTER KOBE’S DEATH
https://www.mavs.com/kobes-fire-and-fight-remembered/

Quote:
Owner Mark Cuban was seated courtside before the game and was asked about the Mavericks’ decision to never have a player wear No. 24 again.

Cuban said he consulted with Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Shawn Marion and others before making the decision.

Cuban also said that decision would not impact any decision in the future about retiring the No. 24 jersey of Mark Aguirre, should the franchise ever decide to do so.

Bryant’s No. 24 will not hang in the rafters. It just won’t be worn anymore.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:46 AM   #67
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
EMOTIONS HIT DONCIC, HARDAWAY, CARLISLE HARD IN FIRST GAME AFTER KOBE’S DEATH
https://www.mavs.com/kobes-fire-and-fight-remembered/
It's possible for Dirk, Marion, Cuban, etc to all make a silly decision when grieving.. Perhaps he should have consulted the Mavs CEO...
Old 01-28-2020, 10:41 AM   #68
Underdog

Quote:
It's possible for Dirk, Marion, Cuban, etc to all make a silly decision when grieving.. Perhaps he should have consulted the Mavs CEO...
It’s a symbolic gesture to one of the all-time greats to ever play the sport, but it’s not like they’re putting an alleged rapist into the White House or something. They’re just retiring a number, which is 100% about what he did on the court, not off.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #69
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
It’s a symbolic gesture to one of the all-time greats to ever play the sport, but it’s not like they’re putting an alleged rapist into the White House or something. They’re just retiring a number, which is 100% about what he did on the court, not off.
Then why not retire Jordan’s number? Wilt? Bird, Magic? If it’s about what they did on the court, you should just retire the number of all the top 20 players all time. Kobe didn’t die on the court. He died off the court. It is about what they did on the court and not off isn’t it?
Old 01-28-2020, 12:23 PM   #70
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Buy yourself a franchise and you can decide it by yourself

Last edited by sefant77; 01-28-2020 at 12:23 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:01 PM   #71
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Buy yourself a franchise and you can decide it by yourself
Oh wow, thank you for the insight.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #72
Underdog

Quote:
Then why not retire Jordan’s number? Wilt? Bird, Magic? If it’s about what they did on the court, you should just retire the number of all the top 20 players all time. Kobe didn’t die on the court. He died off the court. It is about what they did on the court and not off isn’t it?
Because he died... I don't disagree with you that this was an emotional reaction, but I do believe this was more of a gesture toward Kobe's family and the NBA fraternity than anything else. It's not like it hurts or changes anything, but Cuban probably believes that this was the "most good" he could do, honoring one of the game's best in the wake of a tragedy.

Now if you want to talk about making him the NBA logo, then I would agree that it's a bit of an overreaction... But people get emotional about these things, so I'm not going to fault anyone for that.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:31 PM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

Death isn’t a good enough reason. We are all going to die. To me, it came off as a bit of a “look at me” type gesture. If anything, it was an attempt to focus some of the situation on him instead of Kobe and the rest that died in the tragedy.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-28-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:22 PM   #74
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Death isn’t a good enough reason. We are all going to die. To me, it came off as a bit of a “look at me” type gesture. If anything, it was an attempt to focus some of the situation on him instead of Kobe and the rest that died in the tragedy.
Everyone dies, but not everyone dies at 41 with their teenage daughter in a horrible accident.

I agree that death isn't enough, but that's not why Cuban did it.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:23 PM   #75
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Looks like some NBA players may be following Mark Cuban's lead:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nba-...193943174.html
Old 01-28-2020, 04:32 PM   #76
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiMav View Post
Looks like some NBA players may be following Mark Cuban's lead:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nba-...193943174.html
A league full of attention whores, I suppose.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #77
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I mean, you're not wrong

That's kind of the job of anyone in sports-entertainment
Old 01-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #78
NewMexiMav

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I mean, you're not wrong

That's kind of the job of anyone in sports-entertainment
And we give them the attention they seek . . .

But a better tribute to Kobe would be to work your ass off like he did to become a better player rather than change your number.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:40 PM   #79
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
like this dude, who is changing his number?

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1221615967291301888
Old 01-28-2020, 09:41 PM   #80
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Oh wow, thank you for the insight.
thank you for your insight/bitching about such a decision.