Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default random questions

might be fun

1) After 4 years in the league each, which player will see a bigger improvement in their play/numbers-- Kwame Brown or Desagana Diop?

2) If you made the decision now would you trade the 27th draft pick this last year for Pavel Podkolzine? available players can be seenhere

3) Which team will be the biggest surprise this season for each conference?

4) Which team is the most overrated at this time?

5) Will the Wolves make the playoffs?

6) New York Knicks: playoff contenders or most-overpayed lottery team in the league?

7) Boston: does Ainge know what he's doing?

8) Which rookie will lead the league in scoring? assists? rebounds?

9) Who will be the MIP?

10) RoY?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:random questions

co-rookies of the year: felton and may

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:13 PM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

1) After 4 years in the league each, which player will see a bigger improvement in their play/numbers-- Kwame Brown or Desagana Diop?
Kwame

2) If you made the decision now would you trade the 27th draft pick this last year for Pavel Podkolzine? available players can be seenhere
I'd keep Pavel...it's hard to find a player his size with pretty good coordination. He may still be a bust but he could also be the only player in the league that can physically match up with Yao.

If they're healthy NJ is build for the regular season and could wind up with a pretty nice record.

4) Which team is the most overrated at this time?don't have a feel for this

5) Will the Wolves make the playoffs?Nope

6) New York Knicks: playoff contenders or most-overpayed lottery team in the league? Larry Brown is trash but he can coach...playoff contenders

7) Boston: does Ainge know what he's doing? I really like that team...by next year they'll be a force in the East.

8) Which rookie will lead the league in scoring? assists? rebounds? Points - McCants, Assists - Deron Williams, Rebounds - May

9) Who will be the MIP?

10) RoY? Rashad McCants if Spree's not back
Old 10-03-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: random questions

1. Kwame
2. Yes
3. Sadly, Dallas and Detroit
4. If i had to answer now, i'd say Pheonix. But Indiana and Sacramento are up there
5. No
6. Contenders
7. That's a team with a lot of IFs. But to answer the question, yes he knows what he's doing, but no it won't work.
8. Points- Chris Paul, Assist- Chris Paul, Rebounds- surprisingly, Villenueva or Bynum
9. Josh Howard
10. Chris Paul
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:15 AM   #5
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

1. Kwame

2. Nope, none of the guys left are sure bets (if the were they would go earlier than 27) and if your gonna take a chance he may as well be huge.

3. Not counting Dallas, Tpups, Nets

4. Kings, Miami

5. Yeah, They make it as 7 or 8 which they have to be in order to be the surprise of the league. I think either them or the lakers make it and I take KG over Kobe.

6. They have some talent but it just doesnt go together. Im gonna say they are in the lottery.

7. I think he does.

8. Scoring- Bogut, assists-Paul, Rebounds- Bogut I think Bogut is about 14.5 and 9 this year.

9. Mike Dunleavy

10. Bogut
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #6
Dalhoop

Dalhoop has a spectacular aura aboutDalhoop has a spectacular aura about

Dalhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #7
Dalhoop

Dalhoop has a spectacular aura aboutDalhoop has a spectacular aura about

Kwame will get the minutes and the stats

) If you made the decision now would you trade the 27th draft pick this last year for Pavel Podkolzine?

I like the size.

Good suprises
West - Utah (playoff team) East - Knicks (playoff team)

Bad suprises
West - Sonics East - Detroit

Suns (change of players and philosophy)

They will beat out the Grizzlies, yes.

6) New York Knicks: playoff contenders or most-overpayed lottery team in the league?

Yes on both accounts. Though they are playoff TEAM not CONTENDER

I like the youth movement.

Chris Paul will lead in points and assists (and minutes) Hornets will give the team to him from the get go.

9) Who will be the MIP?

Kwame will get the chance in LA

10) RoY?

Chris Paul
Dalhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:27 PM   #8
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

1) with a shot of Chi from the Zen master -Kwame over Diopp

2) keep Pavel, send him to the nbadl

3) Surprise teams: West: Dallas East-Boston

4) Most overrated: Miami- too many shooters gonna take the ball away from where it belongs in Dwane Wade's hands.

5) Wolves finish 2nd in the Northwest behind Denver

6) NY lottery bound.

7)Ainge=even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.

8) Rookies= Scoring: Bogut Assists: Deron Williams Rebounds: Bogut

9) MIP = Kwame Brown, hands down, story of the year and pj comes out looking like a genius.

10) Rookie of the year= Bogut
Old 10-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #9
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

1. After 4 years in the league each, which player will see a bigger improvement in their play/numbers-- Kwame Brown or Desagana Diop?

Kwame

If you made the decision now would you trade the 27th draft pick this last year for Pavel Podkolzine?

I'd keep Pavel

3. Which team will be the biggest surprise this season for each conference?

Dallas (sigh) and Philadelphia

4. Which team is the most overrated at this time?

At this point I think Denver is the most overrated team. Sacramento is close behind.

5. Will the Wolves make the playoffs?

Wolves will be the 8th seed

6. New York Knicks: playoff contenders or most-overpayed lottery team in the league?

The Knicks will make the playoffs

7. Boston: does Ainge know what he's doing?

Ainge knows exactly what he's doing.

8. Which rookie will lead the league in scoring? assists? rebounds?

Scoring: Paul. Assists: Paul. Rebounds: Bogut.

9. Who will be the MIP?

Kwame

10. RoY?

Bogut
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:13 PM   #10
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

1) Easily Kwame. I foresee him starting at the 4 (or possibly 5-spot) and putting up around 14 and 8, which the Lakers would probably be pretty happy to see on a consistent basis.

2) Not if we haven't seen what he can do yet.. if I'm answering this question correctly.

3) Minnesota and Jersey.

4) Houston and Miami

5) Yes, as either 6th or 7th seed

6) 8th seed in the playoffs, but swept.. so better off as a lottery team

7) He needs to trade Pierce for a handful of draft picks and a couple of studs, then give me 3 or 4 to decide how to answer

8) didn't follow the draft, don't know many rookies

9) Dwight Howard -- he'll average close to 20 and 10

10) Bogut
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 05:14 PM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
might be fun

9) Who will be the MIP?

10) RoY?
1. Diop, Avery's guy and any player with as much confidence as Avery seems to have in him, why not? Kwame is still a potential head case.

2. Nope, Pavel is only 21. People forget that. If he stinks at 25, fine. He has way too much talent and potential though to give up for any 27th pick at this point.

3. Clippers, West....Cavs East

4. Miami, hands down. Way too much talent with the two biggest headcases in the league in Williams and Walker.

5. Nope

6. Playoff contenders for the moment. Quick to change though.

7. Nope. Getting rid of Walker, getting him back, getting rid of him? Has it helped the team at all? Nope. Gary Payton was also a bust. Raef's yummy contract for Rosie O Donnell.

8. Scoring-Chris Paul, Rebounds-The Aussie, Assists-The guy on Utah, forgot his name.

9. Hopefully Quis.

10. Rawle Marshall!! Ummm I think Chris Paul.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:29 AM   #12
bradleywillcrushyou44

bradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the rough

Kwame Brown

other player

Clippers making playoffs, Orlando making playoffs

Suns

No, not even close

7th or 8th seed

finally it looks like he does, he should trade PP though and go all out youth

Williams, Paul, Bogut

9) Who will be the MIP?
JR Smith

10) RoY?
Chris Paul
bradleywillcrushyou44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 PM   #13
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Based on expectations Diop. Kwame will be asked to be a force in the league. The Wizards had enough problems dealing with him. The guy is a head case. Who exactly has Phil developed. Kobe, Shaq, MJ, Scottie who?

Pavel is the biggest risk reward for the mavs? The Reward is that for a long time he was projected top 5 pick for two years. Risk he is soft and flops.

Ainge has had a string of good draft picks. Al Jefferson is one of the best young big men in the league.

NY makes the playoffs with Curry and Marbury. 43 wins gets it done out East
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:43 PM   #14
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley which particular other player would you rather have?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote