Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-30-2008, 02:34 AM   #161
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I didn't know we were talking about Nash. Thought we were talking about Kidd.
You might as well have been prepared to talk about Nash. You must have forgotten that as the number of posts in a thread approaches infinity, the probability of chum mentioning the Mavs' decision to let Nash walk approaches one. It's a borderline theorem on these boards.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2008, 02:51 AM   #162
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

And it gets more and more relevant all the time.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 AM   #163
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you could say that in retrospect as our window appears to have closed. But it also appears that the Devin trade is what slammed it shut so, again, you're burying the lead.

Put another way, you had your run. It was a nice one too as Nash walked away with back to back MVP's and knocked us out of the playoffs in 2005. But at this point Nash to PHX is yesterday's news as we have a new former PG tearing up the league.

Last edited by dirno2000; 11-30-2008 at 03:08 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:14 AM   #164
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you and I would both like to live '06 differently, but that's water under the proverbial bridge. You seem to express some dissatisfaction over the trade of Devin Harris for Jason Kidd. Well...at least you got Jason Kidd in the deal.

If anyone is burying the lede, as it were, it is you, my friend. Nash and Harris were once teammates.

Let that sink in.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:16 AM   #165
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

So were Kidd and Nash

at least we have one of those two!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:50 AM   #166
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

I'm loving how Devin Harris thise year

and it Devin wan't in the NBA what would he be doing?
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11292008...obs_141417.htm
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #167
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Devin with 26, 5 and 6 thru 28 minutes so far in the 3rd against Phoenix. That boy good. I'm so glad this board archives all old posts so I have proof of how much I was against this trade from day 1 and not just jumping on the bandwagon.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #168
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Devin Harris is the BEST PG in the east at this point, as of right now he has 36 pts, 5 rebs and 6 assists.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #169
chumdawg
Guru

He never put up numbers like that with us.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #170
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

now 36. I'd love to have his scoring and defensive ability on this team...

Oh yeah, we could have added some front court depth in Ryan Anderson, who the nets took with our pick or someone like Darrell "shady" Arthur. Or we could have taken a backup pg such as George Hill instead of JJB. Don't forget we still have to give up another 1st in 2010. What an ass-raping of epic proportions this trade was and I still harbor ill-will towards the franchise for their reactive nature of last year instead of being a forward-thinking club.

Looking like the Maverick version of the Joey Galloway trade more and more each day. That set the Cowboys back 10 years some argue.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 11-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #171
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I love Kidd and all but we really overpaid when we traded for him...
Old 11-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #172
chumdawg
Guru

Devin Harris under Avery Johnson was never going to be more than a lap dog.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #173
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
He never put up numbers like that with us.
I blame that on Avery Johnson.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #174
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Devin Harris under Avery Johnson was never going to be more than a lap dog.
so what...Avery Johnson is gone. Devin Harris was 24 years old when we unloaded his ass for an overrated has-been that never was.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #175
The Crippler
Diamond Member

he's going to screw around and drop 40 on Nash tonight...
Old 11-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #176
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler View Post
so what...Avery Johnson is gone. Devin Harris was 24 years old when we unloaded his ass for an overrated has-been that never was.
I understand you might not like Kidd but we're not getting Devin back. There is nothing you can do about it, sometimes it hurts(like right now) when I see Devin kicking tail for another team but we just have to hope that Kidd can play well for us.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #177
LSMF
Diamond Member

And Devin just hit a clutch shot
Old 11-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #178
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
I understand you might not like Kidd but we're not getting Devin back. There is nothing you can do about it, sometimes it hurts(like right now) when I see Devin kicking tail for another team but we just have to hope that Kidd can play well for us.
Hey, I understand. I just enjoy crowing that I am much smarter than the mav front office. Of this, I have no doubt.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #179
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
An overrated has-been that never was????

Hyperbole much?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:29 PM   #180
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey, I understand. I just enjoy crowing that I am much smarter than the mav front office. Of this, I have no doubt.
Yeah hou should totally be running the Mavs.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #181
LSMF
Diamond Member

Devin has 41 pts, 6 rebs and 8 assists
Old 11-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #182
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yeah hou should totally be running the Mavs.
correct.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:33 PM   #183
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Old 11-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #184
The Crippler
Diamond Member

4th quarter numbers so far...

Devin Harris 17
Phoenix 17
Old 11-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #185
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I loved Devin when he was here. And I wish I could say I'm happy for him. But in my heart I wish failure on him because I don't know if I can take another Nash-type situation on this board for the next 10 years.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #186
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Harris is awesome. I loved George when he blocked the trade...then we made another trade without George in it and lost the stud that is Devin. I'm going to the Nets-Wiz game on Tuesday, let's hope he keeps his hot play up for the Wiz so I can enjoy!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #187
The Crippler
Diamond Member

19 to 19. Devin with 45. jeez.

I'm going to go clean my shotgun and hope it discharges mistakenly...
Old 11-30-2008, 10:42 PM   #188
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Finishes with 47.

Cuban can EABOD. Donnie, feel free also.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #189
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post
Harris is awesome. I loved George when he blocked the trade...then we made another trade without George in it and lost the stud that is Devin. I'm going to the Nets-Wiz game on Tuesday, let's hope he keeps his hot play up for the Wiz so I can enjoy!
your going to the Nets game Tuesday, hopefully it will be a good game, I'm going too and if they win it will be the first game since the 2007 season that the Nets won when I was there, haha
Old 11-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #190
chumdawg
Guru

Harris scored 47? Are you kidding me?
Old 11-30-2008, 11:09 PM   #191
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Told you so.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #192
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

don't worry....we'll just breed another pg.

and then trade him away.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #193
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #194
basketballgirl25
Banned

He is playing really well right now, loving it.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #195
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33
Told you so.
Come again?
Old 11-30-2008, 11:20 PM   #196
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

I don't know whether to be happy or sad for trading away Devin. As someone else mentioned, at least Donnie drafted well in 2004.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:38 PM   #197
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know what is more absurd-- Harris getting 47pts, 8reb, 7ast or the Suns allowing 43 points in a single quarter.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:44 PM   #198
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Where the hell did all of this come from Devin? Even those who opposed the trade couldn't have seen this coming. He's literally playing like a top 10 player in the NBA.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #199
chumdawg
Guru

47???? The kid scored 47?

Unbelievable.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #200
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

He's really going to be an all-star this year isn't he? There is no possible way they can deny him that spot. You can't name a better pg in the east. And the Mavericks suffering contnues...
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
worst thread ever