Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-03-2003, 11:02 AM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:How about this for Ben Wallace?

If that trade were made, I could see these projected point totals as realistic:

Wallace 10 ppg - Bradley 5 ppg - Fortson
Nowitzki 30 ppg - Najera 2 ppg
Walker 18 ppg - Howard 6 ppg
Delk 8 ppg - Daniels 6 ppg
Nash 18 ppg - Best 3 ppg

That's 106 ppg. I don't think I'm that far off. The Mavs would still be very good offensively.

Old 11-03-2003, 11:07 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That Mavs would instantly be one of the best defensive rebouning teams in the NBA.. hell, one of the best offensive rebounding teams for that matter.

You could stick dirk at the 4 and leave him there for the most part...

obviously, no chance this happens...but,..hypothetically speaking
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:11 AM   #3
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Murphy,

You're right. No way Detroit takes that deal, but it's fun to speculate no less.

kg,

You're totals are right on, but how high do you think our rebs/game would be. As Murphy speculates this may make us the best in the NBA.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:15 AM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

kingrex - Through 3 games, the Mavs are already top 3 in the NBA with the team they have. With Wallace, I'd look to see something like this:

Wallace 15 - Bradley 4
Nowitzki 10 - Najera 3
Walker 7 - Howard 2
Delk 3 - Daniels 2
Nash 3 - Best 2

That's like 51 boards a game. That's insane.

Old 11-03-2003, 11:17 AM   #5
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
kingrex - Through 3 games, the Mavs are already top 3 in the NBA with the team they have. With Wallace, I'd look to see something like this:

Wallace 15 - Bradley 4
Nowitzki 10 - Najera 3
Walker 7 - Howard 2
Delk 3 - Daniels 2
Nash 3 - Best 2

That's like 51 boards a game. That's insane.
This is making me nuts! Alright, how can we make this happen. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

With this "fantasy team", will we be hands-down favorites to win the title?
Old 11-03-2003, 11:20 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With this "fantasy team", will we be hands-down favorites to win the title?
No, but it would make it a two team race.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:25 AM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

I assume you mean the Lakers.

And what a race that would be.