Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-31-2022, 01:19 PM   #1
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Green seems to have found something in the corner 3...hope we see more of him.

I really hope they dont run Wood out of Dallas. He needs to be the starter, and he needs to be extended. I think the criticism from Kidd on the loss got to him last night.

Im loving THJ so far, as another poster said, his points are more timely so far.

Hearing him after the game say its his 6th game since January really put it in perspective. Glad hes healthy.
On the THJ front, what would we consider to be a good game for him? My thoughts are at least 15 points on at least 36% shooting from the field. (FG's + 3's combined) He's not a rebounder or an assist guy so I think we can't includes those tangible stats. IMO, THJ clearly has more bad games than he has good games. But I think it depends on where the bar resides between good and bad. And I get it as sometimes only a few buckets from him may make a significant impact to the game. But at the same time, you want to see more from him given his hefty salary.

Edit: BTW, my question goes well beyond this season as I'm referring to him since the time that he arrived here in Dallas.

Last edited by washedklean77; 10-31-2022 at 01:22 PM.
washedklean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:34 PM   #2
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
On the THJ front, what would we consider to be a good game for him? My thoughts are at least 15 points on at least 36% shooting from the field. (FG's + 3's combined) He's not a rebounder or an assist guy so I think we can't includes those tangible stats. IMO, THJ clearly has more bad games than he has good games. But I think it depends on where the bar resides between good and bad. And I get it as sometimes only a few buckets from him may make a significant impact to the game. But at the same time, you want to see more from him given his hefty salary.

Edit: BTW, my question goes well beyond this season as I'm referring to him since the time that he arrived here in Dallas.
This is just me being optimistic it could be different than previous years. I saw a few more drives to the bucket than usual. I'd just like to see more mix from him because he is capable and we dont have many versatile players.

Last edited by Melonhead; 10-31-2022 at 01:35 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 03:09 PM   #3
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
This is just me being optimistic it could be different than previous years. I saw a few more drives to the bucket than usual. I'd just like to see more mix from him because he is capable and we dont have many versatile players.
I feel ya on that. I just know that an OFF game for Luka is when he plays poorly which you don't see too often. An ON game for THJ is when he plays well and we don't see that too often.