Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #401
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

So you think he's just...you know...hanging out in the back of that butcher shop with that Jill lady...playing some poker with some DHARMA playing cards, eating steaks?

That dude is deader than dead. But when they get back...that coffin will be looking a lot like Christian Shephards. empty.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #402
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Good thing formaldehyde doesn't impede whatever magic the Island has on a special persons body.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-13-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: kill me
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:26 AM   #403
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are much better at watching this show than I am.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #404
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still waiting for this season to get interesting.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #405
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I'm still waiting for this season to get interesting.
I thought this was the trade forum when I read this...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #406
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Some folks living in a garden paradise try real hard to find knowledge of how to get out of that paradise, only to find themselves regretting the fact that they left the paradise in the first place. They're restoration to that paradise is dependent upon the sacrificial death of the island's leader, a miracle man who is guided to his date with destiny by a certain Christian Shepherd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
That dude is deader than dead. But when they get back...that coffin will be looking a lot like Christian Shephards. empty.
ah...an empty tomb.

We shouldn't be too surprised if we also learn that John Locke/Jeremy Bentham's death is facilitated by the betrayal of one his disciples.

Last edited by alexamenos; 02-15-2009 at 12:41 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #407
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

soooo hey guys. im back. again. i finally caught up. last night on a crappy airplane ride. im loving this season. and your posts are both insightful and freakin funny. my lost brain is all over the place right now.

questions id like to throw at you:

1. why couldnt christian shepherd help locke get up to turn the wheel? could it be that he is a ghost, apparition, or somesuch and thus literally couldnt?

2. who is the tall skinny bald black guy that visited hurley in the asylum? where has he gone?

3. i dont need all my questions answered, but i really need the writers to reconcile the richard-widmore-ben-jacob-smoke monster relationship. how, who, when, what, where?

thats all i got for now. but, from this point forward i'm watching w/you...
Old 02-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #408
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES View Post
2. who is the tall skinny bald black guy that visited hurley in the asylum? where has he gone?
Indeed. Where has he gone?

We've seen him asking Hurley "Are they still alive?" - presumably asking about the 815 survivors.

We've seen him in John Locke's past, prodding him to go on the walkabout (i.e. prodding him to go to the island) <-- sort of suggesting he was working on behalf of the island itself, or on behalf of Richard and The Others?

We've seen him organizing the crew, hired by Widmore, to find the island, get Ben, and kill everyone else on it. <-- suggesting very strongly that he works for Widmore.

He told Locke that if they met again, he might owe Locke a favor. Whoever he is, there's no doubt in my mind that Locke will be seeing him off-island now that he's left. I hope we can then sort out his seemingly conflicting allegiances.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #409
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't he working for the government now leading a team that is investigating fringe science anomalies?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #410
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Indeed. Where has he gone?

We've seen him asking Hurley "Are they still alive?" - presumably asking about the 815 survivors.

We've seen him in John Locke's past, prodding him to go on the walkabout (i.e. prodding him to go to the island) <-- sort of suggesting he was working on behalf of the island itself, or on behalf of Richard and The Others?

We've seen him organizing the crew, hired by Widmore, to find the island, get Ben, and kill everyone else on it. <-- suggesting very strongly that he works for Widmore.

He told Locke that if they met again, he might owe Locke a favor. Whoever he is, there's no doubt in my mind that Locke will be seeing him off-island now that he's left. I hope we can then sort out his seemingly conflicting allegiances.
He's acting in another show.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #411
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Spoiler alert. He's going to be on LOST this season.

If you think they stopped using him because of availability, you're wrong.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-16-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #412
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Lance Reddick was also still filming The Wire (I think, it was still on at least) when he first started appearing in Lost episodes. So I don't think his role on Fringe has anything to do with him not being on Lost so far this season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-16-2009 at 03:01 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:53 PM   #413
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

So much for an attempt at humor.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #414
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
So much for an attempt at humor.
I knew yours was humor. The other, I didn't think was.

Oh and I hope a gigantic cold virus kills you
Old 02-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #415
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I knew yours was humor. The other, I didn't think was.
Same.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #416
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:

1. why couldnt christian shepherd help locke get up to turn the wheel? could it be that he is a ghost, apparition, or somesuch and thus literally couldnt?
thanks for all the feedback guys...
Old 02-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #417
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
thanks for all the feedback guys...
I assume it's because he's not real, in some way.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #418
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I thought that was just sort of there to reinforce exactly what you said....that he is an apparition acting on behalf of the island/Jacob...not a real person. He can't physically change anything on the island, or why wouldn't Jacob or Christian just move the wheel themselves? That's not the way it works.

It also is another hilarious reminder of what a huge tool Locke is. "Will you help me?" "NO, do it yourself"..."Oh...ok, yes sir". Locke's going to die without ever having stood up for himself, always just being pushed around and used by someone or something.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-16-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #419
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I told you all last season that the opening scene when Red and Saving Private Ryan were emotional about seeing things that had t do with the island that there was something deeper than what was happening in the present. Can I get some rep for that now? Or at least some rep for the incoherent run on sentence I just typed. I don't' even understand it.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #420
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

don't beg for rep, fluid will be all over you. just kidding

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #421
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

fluid doesn't watch lost if I remember correctly. So I think he's safe.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #422
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

no comment.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #423
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

We're getting close to Wednesday...you know what that means.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #424
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

at 12:00am I pitched a tent.

to eat some cake:
http://dispatchesfromtheisland.blogs...sweet-100.html

Last edited by nikeball; 02-18-2009 at 03:34 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #425
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
at 12:00am I pitched a tent.

to eat some cake:
http://dispatchesfromtheisland.blogs...sweet-100.html
Ha.That's cool.

That Ace of Cakes show is a beating, my wife likes it. I might watch that one though, to see the LOST cake be built.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #426
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So do you think we're going back to the island tonight? With Jack and Sun at least? What did the promo say? That they'll learn how to go back?

I read that the order of the episodes was actually switched up for this week and next. The one airing next week was originally supposed to air this week, and this weeks' next week. If they're interchangeable, I'd assume that one is entirely Oceanic 6 based (presumably tonight) and one is entirely island based (?)
Old 02-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #427
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

So is tonight episode 100?

And I have no idea. I know some of you don't find the O6 stuff interesting but I do. I am loving the possibility anyway of conniving Sun working with the enemy (presumably Widmore). And now she has to be conflicted knowing that Ben is her possible way back to Jin. Will she leave their son? Does he come also? That's the only way I see her agreeing to go in the first place.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #428
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I was beaten by the O6 stuff, until last week. They're with Mrs Hawking at that sweet looking place under the church...we're gonna find out about how they find the island, and how they're going back. (Keep that Ajira Airlines water bottle in mind)

I am excited about the O6 again because they're close to going back. I just wonder about Sayid and Kate. Clearly they're coming back...what kind of tv show would it be if they didn't? So something is going to happen (probably something weird) to make them change their minds in a gigantic hurry, I'd wager.

I would think Hurley will go with Jack now, even if Ben is there. He probably feels like he owes Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
And I have no idea. I know some of you don't find the O6 stuff interesting but I do. I am loving the possibility anyway of conniving Sun working with the enemy (presumably Widmore). And now she has to be conflicted knowing that Ben is her possible way back to Jin. Will she leave their son? Does he come also? That's the only way I see her agreeing to go in the first place.
Isn't it a daughter? And anyway, I would think the writers wouldn't want to be bogged down with her dragging a kid along for the next two seasons. Aaron too...I bet they find a way to get rid of him for a while, maybe like they got rid of Claire.

I'm really interested in what Desmond's going to do.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-18-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #429
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
So is tonight episode 100?

We are not at 100. By my calculations (24 for three seasons, 14 in the 4th), we're at #92. 87 and 88 were Because you Left and The Lie, 89 was Jughead, 90 was The Little Prince, 91 was This Place is Death.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #430
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

"This Place is Death" is the fifth episode of Season 5 of Lost, and the 87th episode of the series overall.

------

They probably were filming the 100th episode...
Old 02-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #431
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

The reason I asked was because of the article about the Lost cake said we were on the 100th episode? I guess that wasn't talking about Lost. I did quick math in my head (I thought there were 16 last season) and couldn't get to 100 so I thought I would ask.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #432
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

http://epguides.com/Lost/

This Place of Death = 90th episode.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #433
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Re-watching during lunch...

Sun says on the phone to her mother "I'll be on a plane tomorrow". I bet that's one of those things they put in the script that's true in an unexpected way.

(yes, I'm that bored right now)
Old 02-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #434
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Re-watching during lunch...

Sun says on the phone to her mother "I'll be on a plane tomorrow". I bet that's one of those things they put in the script that's true in an unexpected way.

(yes, I'm that bored right now)
You really think they're going back that quickly?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #435
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Isn't it going to take the entire season.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #436
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You really think they're going back that quickly?
How long has it been? Didn't that old english broad tell Ben they only had 70 hours to get back? And that was 4 episodes ago....

edit: Also, one of the last things Ben says before they go into the church is "We're running out of time". I think this thing is going down soon.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-18-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #437
XERXES
Diamond Member

w-e-d-n-e-s-d-a-y-i-s-m-y-f-a-v-o-r-i-t-e-d-a-y-o-f-t-h-e-w-e-e-k
Old 02-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #438
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Lost boner is bigger than ever.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #439
nikeball
Platinum Member

NOT GOING TO GUAM...ARE WE?

LOLZZZZ

Why did the VW that Jin was driving look so new? When John Locke put the wheel back on the axis.. did it make the island LOSTIES stay in the past?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #440
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm watching now...and I just wanted to pop into say...WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS BEGINNING? Wow. Jack waking up in the jungle...that's greatness....err...again.

Tags
best show ever, best show on tv, excellent television, lost stubby, lost! lost! my precious!, wait - i'm lost