Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Rhylan & Sike's No-Mike-James Happy Dance Thread

wooooo hooooo!!!

You know what's great? Google images for "happy" comes up with this thing first. How awesome, considering James' 5 fantastic seasons in the NBA. I didn't even have to Photoshop it.

May he resume his career spareness in the land of snow, lakes, and Prince.

Last edited by Rhylan; 07-11-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

*boogies down*
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I'm honestly not that surprised about this, and I'm not that disappointed either.

First of all, any time that Bill Duffy is involved, the Timberwolves will almost always be the favorites to land said player. McHale and Duffy were roommates in college, if I'm not mistaken. It just sort of always seems that Duffy guys find their way to Minnesota no matter the circumstances - Olowakandi and Anthony Carter are the two most prominent I can think of.

Anyway, I don't hold it against Mike James for wanting more security or money. The Wolves offered more than anyone else - so he took it. It does minimize some of the championship talk though, doesn't it? I would be willing to bet that Houston and Dallas would not promise him a starting job either though. That's just a hunch.

On one hand, it's annoying that Dallas picks out one player in the free agent market that they can actually afford - unlike some of the pipe dreams this organization has had - but still can't close the deal. As others have mentioned, if the player was worth three years, he should have been worth four. I don't quite understand that thinking.

On the other hand, I'm actually kind of relieved. I was concerned about how James would fit in this lockerroom. I was also concerned about how the minutes would be divided. Unlike some, I don't think Devin Harris is a lost cause. In fact, I think Harris is going to be the most improved player on this team next season - and he was already better than many realize. I'm sort of relieved that he is going to get an opportunity (apparently) to assume a much larger role on this team.

Like everyone else I am interested in what the next step is. I still think it would be a nice idea to try to get a role playing guard who can defend a little bit and drill an open jumper. Unfortunately, I don't see much on this free agent market, and I'm not crazy about making more trades. We'll see...
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Rhylan, you just made me smile big time...

now my belief and hope is that Harris/JT will not let us down...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the "next step", ddh, is Chucky Atkins

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #6
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

This is great new. Harris will develop into a Tony Parker, just give him a few years.
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just say NO to Cheap Prostitutes!

Last edited by Evilmav2; 07-11-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

(Ohhhh if all of you knew all of the jokes I'm refraining from posting right now- at the site of that picture. Sike, you should particluarly consider yourself lucky. EL, you also should count your blessings, Doc, U2, and Murph aren't far behind...it's sooo tough to not post the comedy gold flowing through my mind at the moment...arggggghhhhhhhhhh...the torture!!!...................argggghhhhhhh........ .........)

Last edited by XERXES; 07-11-2006 at 08:59 PM.
XERXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #9
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

you are a genius.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
(Ohhhh if all of you knew all of the jokes I'm refraining from posting right now- at the site of that picture. Sike, you should particluarly consider yourself lucky. EL, you also should count your blessings, Doc, U2, and Murph aren't far behind...it's sooo tough to not post the comedy gold flowing through my mind at the moment...arggggghhhhhhhhhh...the torture!!!...................argggghhhhhhh........ .........)
you, "particluarly", are a pervert.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #12
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
you, "particluarly", are a pervert.
lol. i'm no perv...however i am too proud to fix my mispelling. i stand proudly by my spelling "particlualry."

(as he mutters to himself: "dammit why won't d-m get a spellchecker?...I can play blackjack till my arms won't move any more- but spellchecker? heck no...")
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Now WHY would you say no to a cheap prostitute?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-11-2006 at 09:36 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
I think you should post a look out below and then go for it!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #15
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

You get what you pay for?
Old 07-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #16
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Can't say that I'm disappointed either. I wasn't enamored with starting 2 guys that are way to close to being 6'. I think the Mavs ought to really invest in Devin Harris. They can start by getting his confidence up to where it should be. That really is all the kid lacks.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP
They can start by getting his confidence up to where it should be. That really is all the kid lacks.
...and a consistant jumper, and being adept at going left, etc..

Old 07-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

Houston happy to. Heh Heh.. .I love reading those guys freak out.

Quote:
I heard the audio on 790 on the way home. Initially i was pissed, but the fact that he is 32 and wanting 4 or 5 years changed my thinking a bit. He's too old for that kind of contract and a trade kicker. I cant blame the guy for wanting job security though.

So, instead of having Mike James, Rudy Gay and Stromile on our team, we have Battier... god, please let TMAC be 100% healthy all year!

More offseason dissapointment from a houston sports team.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #19
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I kinda assume that once he gets his confidence up his jumper will start to fall more regularly and he'll be able to do a lot of things that he hasn't shown so far. A lot of times guys stick to what they think they do best simply because they don't have enough confidence to vary. I don't know if Devin only going right or not hitting his J's consistently is mental or physical. The only cure though is practice, practice, practice!!!!!!! And good coaching.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:02 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP
I kinda assume that once he gets his confidence up his jumper will start to fall more regularly and he'll be able to do a lot of things that he hasn't shown so far. A lot of times guys stick to what they think they do best simply because they don't have enough confidence to vary. I don't know if Devin only going right or not hitting his J's consistently is mental or physical. The only cure though is practice, practice, practice!!!!!!! And good coaching.
no one is a more vocal supporter of Devin Harris than me...and the funny thing is, in college is was a very decent shooter...so I assume that it will come back to him.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
no one is a more vocal supporter of Devin Harris than me...and the funny thing is, in college is was a very decent shooter...so I assume that it will come back to him.
Sike...Did he always have that little hitch in his feet on his shot? I'm surprised someone didn't try to take that out, it's bound to throw off balance.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:14 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

dude....I'm trying to dig up an old highlight vid to be certain....I know one was posted here before...just can't seem to find it.

But I'm fairly certain that he has carried that hitch with him into the NBA from Wisconsin...a little help from the Badger faithful would be much appreciated.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Just say No to Crap.

Thank God. We owe Kevin McHale big time.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #24
XERXES
Diamond Member

don't say sike didn't egg me on:

Xerxe's Top 10 List of Potential Captions:

10. Sike's boots, sike's shorts, sike's hair-extensions...what a coinkidink...
9. Thinking he was at Sonic, Sike soon regretted asking for the "#1...All the way."
8. The previous time Sike wore those shorts- they were warming the pine for the 7th grade, B-team, girls, handicapped, basketball team.
7. Sike's tenure as a personal trainer was short-lived as this lady was the product of his "6-pack abs class."
6. The girls in the Sike's neighborhood just loved his new(ish) 99 Gold Ford Taurus. .
5. Not having had much luck with the ladies, Sike decides to do the natural thing...pay.
4. Innercity ministry?
3. Having run out of "truth about the davinci code" tracts , Sike soons decides to try handing out cash.
2. Trying out his catchy new signature line "hey baby, how would you like to go to the curbside service at bedside baptist?"
1. No wonder Sike's not worried about Mike James!

Last edited by XERXES; 07-11-2006 at 10:23 PM.
XERXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahaha
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

you are really funny....I'd say about as funny as Martin Lawrence.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Old 07-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Quote:
5. Not having had much luck with the ladies, Sike decides to do the natural thing...pay.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:42 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

many of that list are mere rumor and speculation...but a few are fact.

I do have a car that the ladies dig.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #29
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
many of that list are mere rumor and speculation...but a few are fact.

I do have a car that the ladies dig.
I bet not as cool as this one:

In your face Sikey!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #30
sike
The Preacha

Fatdaddy Grimace! my most hated rival!

Old 07-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

I thought it was HR Puffinstuff.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I thought it was HR Puffinstuff.
naw, baby, that jive sucker is small time....

Last edited by sike; 07-12-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #33
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you McHale!
/me does the Robot

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:17 AM   #34
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

THANK YOU, Duffy, for saving Avery Johnson, Donnie Nelson, and Mark Cuban from their stumble-bumbling, no-talent-knowing, poor-negotiating selves! To THINK how many times Duffy has saved this franchise from ITSELF!!

EDIT: When we win a ring, does Duffy get one?

Last edited by chumdawg; 07-12-2006 at 01:17 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:24 AM   #35
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Wait wasn't nash a client of duffys... you're admitting he saved the franchise when nash went to phx?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:25 AM   #36
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, he's being sarcastic. We all know Olowokandi is the missing piece for the Mavs.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:12 AM   #37
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

When we win a ring, does Duffy get one?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:07 AM   #38
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

man, this made my day yesterday.

james = career spare.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:18 AM   #39
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I can't describe how happy I am we didn't sign him.

I cannot stand athletes' who are full of themselves (whatever the sport).

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
THANK YOU, Duffy, for saving Avery Johnson, Donnie Nelson, and Mark Cuban from their stumble-bumbling, no-talent-knowing, poor-negotiating selves! To THINK how many times Duffy has saved this franchise from ITSELF!!

EDIT: When we win a ring, does Duffy get one?

Are you really attempting to put this on the same level as Nash, or are you just looking for something to be negative about?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote