Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #161
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
That's what she said.

Yikes, SMC's right that you should have clarified you were talking about his basketball knowledge cause that could really be ambiguous!
Lol, seriously. Does SMC think the "he's solid" is in reference to his f'ing cooking skills? Use some common sense. What the f**k else would I be talking about.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #162
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Again, you're too sharp with this analogy thing.

In your mind, apparently, opinions on something as subjective as colors is the same as widely regarded and held beliefs.

Saying blue is better than green IS NOT an equal opinion to saying Matt Carroll is a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant.

Third time the charm?
Opinions on announcers are going to be a LOT less concrete than that, come on. With basketball you have stats and such to go on. It would be a lot harder to argue that MC is a better basketball player than Kobe since Kobe has won more and has better stats in every category....

Arguing about announcers is more like arguing about your favorite comedian or musician. It's totally different depending on what your taste is. Some people like hard metal, some people like jimmy buffet. Some people find Charles to be an idiot, some people find him to be hilarious. Some find him to be both. It's their opinion. Just like your favorite color.

edit: classic cadbane meltdown made my day a lot better, thanks.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 02-23-2011 at 05:16 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #163
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again, you're too sharp with this analogy thing.

In your mind, apparently, opinions on something as subjective as colors is the same as widely regarded and held beliefs.

Saying blue is better than green IS NOT an equal opinion to saying Matt Carroll is a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant.

Third time the charm?
First time was the charm. Second time was still the charm. Third time would also be the charm. My analogy is apt. Your (mis)recognition of what I'm analogizing to is the problem.

I don't know why you keep talking about Matt Carroll. The analogy has nothing to do with player evaluations (which involve objectively comparable statistics). You were comparing announcers on the basis of their announcing qualities, which is of course entirely subjective.

There's a widely held belief that Kobe Bryant is better than Matt Carroll because there is a well-accepted set of irrefutable statistics supporting that proposition. I'll wait for you to link me to the comparable statistics for NBA announcers.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #164
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I feel like the Mods, and myself in particular, have been more than fair to you since you were allowed back.

You brought this on yourself. If you want to keep up the martyr complex and pretend that everyone butts heads with you for some reason other than your incredibly grating personality, then go ahead.
Lmao, what a crock of shit, Thig.

I was allegedly banned for personal insults, which were used in retaliation, yet other users have carte blanche to to fling them at me unprovoked.

Check the very first post on Page 4, but hey, I guess it's okay as long as I don't say it.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #165
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
First time was the charm. Second time was still the charm. Third time would also be the charm. My analogy is apt. Your (mis)recognition of what I'm analogizing to is the problem.

I don't know why you keep talking about Matt Carroll. The analogy has nothing to do with player evaluations (which involve objectively comparable statistics). You were comparing announcers on the basis of their announcing qualities, which is of course entirely subjective.

There's a widely held belief that Kobe Bryant is better than Matt Carroll because there is a well-accepted set of irrefutable statistics supporting that proposition. I'll wait for you to link me to the comparable statistics for NBA announcers.
This.

We should make Announcer-Reference.com
Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #166
CadBane
Banned

Quote:

http://www.google.com/search?q=mark+...ient=firefox-a
Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #167
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Opinions on announcers are going to be a LOT less concrete than that, come on. With basketball you have stats and such to go on. It would be a lot harder to argue that MC is a better basketball player than Kobe since Kobe has won more and has better stats in every category....

Arguing about announcers is more like arguing about your favorite comedian or musician. It's totally different depending on what your taste is. Some people like hard metal, some people like jimmy buffet. Some people find Charles to be an idiot, some people find him to be hilarious. Some find him to be both. It's their opinion. Just like your favorite color.

edit: classic cadbane meltdown made my day a lot better, thanks.
Sorry, but it is a WIDELY held opinion that Mark Jackson is a terrible announcer. You can hold the opinion that he's not, but it is simply a fact that he is one of the most loathed announcers in the NBA.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #168
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Van Gundy is the best in the game.
http://www.google.com/search?q=mark+...a2885925ea8ae0

See how that works? It doesn't make your opinion wrong or stupid. At all.

Best part is that most of the positive comments that come up in that search, also speak positively about Mark Jackson.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #169
fluid.forty.one

Some other "obviously correct opinions because they came up in a google search"

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...a2885925ea8ae0

Best EVERRRRRR!!!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #170
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's weird, because I could have sworn I asked for "irrefutable" and "objective statistics." It seems I must have accidentally keyed in "anecdotal Google-search evidence." Admittedly, typing is not my strong suit.

Here's an exercise. Pick something you like. I don't care what. The Mavs, your favorite band, your favorite movie, your favorite hot female celebrity. Whatever. Punch that bad boy into Google, add the word "sucks" on the end, and hit search.

"Widely held" opinion incoming.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #171
CadBane
Banned

What I'm saying is arguing colors as analogous to commentators is NOT accurate. Period.

Yes, announcers might be more subjective than NBA players, but it's a hell of lot less so than colors.

You want me to start a poll on this site as proof?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #172
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 02-23-2011 at 05:56 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #173
LonghornDub

Quote:
Yes, announcers might be more subjective than NBA players, but it's a hell of lot less so than colors.
No, it's really not. Both evaluations involve several layers of subjectivity, starting with which qualities are most important and ending with a personal weighing of those qualities. But I don't expect you to see that. I fully expect you to continue thinking that the problem is with the analogy and not your horrifically skewed perception of what's a "fact" and what isn't.

And for what it's worth, there's a strong irony in you, "CadBan," extolling the value of the "widely held" opinion.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #174
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lmao, what a crock of shit, Thig.

I was allegedly banned for personal insults, which were used in retaliation, yet other users have carte blanche to to fling them at me unprovoked.

Check the very first post on Page 4, but hey, I guess it's okay as long as I don't say it.
I call a spade a spade Cad... I also offer normal conversation without the need to jizz on my screen everytime a player's name I love is uttered while literally raging hell anytime that same person is not spoken of like a God.

You choose to act like a mental midget, get called out for it, then sit there wondering why poor wittle Cadbane gets his feewins huwt with no one running to your defense.

Grow up bro.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #175
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I'm saying is arguing colors as analogous to commentators is NOT accurate. Period.

You want me to start a poll on this site as proof?
Isn't a poll 100% subjective, or has the definition of "subjective" changed recently?

Also, claiming that a preference in announcers is more subjective than a preference in colors is completely inaccurate too, since subjectivity is non-incremental by definition (only objectivity can be measured incrementally, by definition...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-23-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #176
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

The bias towards announcers center around their opinion about Dirk.

Thus, it is NOT subjective.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #177
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Getting deep in here...All these big words is giving me a headache
Old 02-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #178
CadBane
Banned

You guys are hilarious. I could tell you most people think grass is green and you'd argue it's yellow.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #179
LonghornDub

Quote:
You guys are hilarious. I could tell you most people think grass is green and you'd argue it's yellow.
Do you honestly not understand how this is entirely different than what we're talking about? There's no value judgment involved in your (ridiculous) example. No assessment of good or bad. "The grass is green" is not the same as "green grass is pretty" or "green grass sucks and is overrated."

Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #180
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Do you honestly not understand how this is entirely different than what we're talking about? There's no value judgment involved in your (ridiculous) example. No assessment of good or bad. "The grass is green" is not the same as "green grass is pretty" or "green grass sucks and is overrated."
Do you not honestly understand that colors are not analogous to announcers?

Do colors receive awards for their job?

Are colors actually ranked?

Announcers ARE. This is a JOB. There IS criteria for what makes a good one and a bad one. There ARE awards for announcers based on their skill.

Do you realize that?

Sure it's an opinion, but saying it's as subjective as colors is FALSE. An announcer is a JOB just like an architect. Are you going to say that arguing Frank Gehry is a better architect than whoever designed your house is just as subjective as liking one color to another?

Do you not honestly understand this?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #181
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Lol this thread has completely derailed and turned into a e-peen measuring contest. A mod should just close it.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #182
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore button folks.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #183
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Announcers ARE. This is a JOB. There IS criteria for what makes a good one and a bad one. There ARE awards for announcers based on their skill.

Do you realize that?

Sure it's an opinion, but saying it's as subjective as colors is FALSE. An announcer is a JOB just like an architect. Are you going to say that arguing Frank Gehry is a better architect than whoever designed your house is just as subjective as liking one color to another?

The fact that there are subjective awards and subjective criteria for something does not make it less subjective.

You berated someone for having an opinion on a very subjective matter. You berated someone for liking the work of someone that many, many people enjoy.

But WE'RE the ones that are argumentative and looking for a fight. Right? It's all everyone else's fault, right?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-23-2011 at 11:04 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #184
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
The fact that there are subjective awards and subjective criteria for something does not make it less subjective.

You berated someone for having an opinion on a very subjective matter. You berated someone for liking the work of someone that many, many people enjoy.

But WE'RE the ones that are argumentative and looking for a fight. Right? It's all everyone else's fault, right?
I didn't berate anyone for their opinion. Maybe you should read the original post that started it all. Another poster berated me for allegedly not liking anyone but Dirk. But hey, you have a history of turning a blind eye to the instigator, nothing new.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #185
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

It's Cadbane's mission to go out and derail EVERY THREAD POSSIBLE.

I don't have a problem with you personally, but just STFU man, for the sake of the board.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #186
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol, it is. In the fall.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #187
LonghornDub

Quote:

Do you realize that?

You miss the mark again. We aren't comparing people in different rungs of jobs, like the world-famous architect who collects millions per job versus the young graduate who's just making his way. We're comparing the top announcers on the NBA's two primary networks. They all have the exact same job at the exact same level. There are no similar criteria on which to compare them. You conceded as much when I asked you for objective criteria and you gave me a Google search.

It's gonna baffle some people why I waste so much time with you, but frankly, it's cause I'd like to see you stick around without alienating yourself from almost everyone here all the time. You offer some real value here, but you constantly negate it by blatantly ridiculing people who carry different opinions than you. And what's worse, you usually do so on matters that are firmly within the realm of reasonable disagreement. Like who is the best NBA announcer.

And that's the point of the color analogy, which has been spot on this entire time. You are so firmly convicted in your own opinions that you don't even realize what's a fact and what isn't.

It's sad, man. I mean that. Wake the hell up.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-23-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #188
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...40f95b1b9c7c0d
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #189
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
You miss the mark again. We aren't comparing people in different rungs of jobs, like the world-famous architect who collects millions per job versus the young graduate who's just making his way. We're comparing the top announcers on the NBA's two primary networks. They all have the exact same job at the exact same level. There are no similar criteria on which to compare them. You conceded as much when I asked you for objective criteria and you gave me a Google search.

It's gonna baffle some people why I waste so much time with you, but frankly, it's cause I'd like to see you stick around without alienating yourself from almost everyone here all the time. You offer some real value here, but you constantly negate it by blatantly ridiculing people who carry different opinions than you. And what's worse, you usually do so on matters that are firmly within the realm of reasonable disagreement. Like who is the best NBA announcer.

And that's the point of the color analogy, which has been spot on this entire time. You are so firmly convicted in your own opinions that you don't even realize what's a fact and what isn't.

A young graduate designed your house?
Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #190
LonghornDub

Quote:
A young graduate designed your house?
Oh, I don't live in a house, per se. You ever driven through Italy, TX on I-35E? I live in that Monolithic dome community down there. The one with the big dome caterpillar out front.

This is me: http://www.monolithic.com/topics/homes

Old 02-24-2011, 01:49 AM   #191
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, I don't live in a house, per se. You ever driven through Italy, TX on I-35E? I live in that Monolithic dome community down there. The one with the big dome caterpillar out front.

a young Donald Judd?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:54 AM   #192
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
a young Donald Judd?
If only.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #193
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't berate anyone for their opinion. Maybe you should read the original post that started it all. Another poster berated me for allegedly not liking anyone but Dirk. But hey, you have a history of turning a blind eye to the instigator, nothing new.
Well fwiw, JThig messaged me after your ban was lifted, asking me not to attack you and that we should all give you a chance to be around if you choose to attempt keeping the peace. So I wouldn't say he turns a blind eye, If anything they may allow certain people to linger around for a bit too long.

Maybe you are confused about who is the instigator in most of the skirmishes that you are involved in. If you could tone down your "rebukes" towards other peoples opinions a bit, most of these wouldn't happen. I don't mind reading your posts that are serious basketball posts or funny posts in general. It's just that you seem to feel the need to hammer down any disagreement and personally attack them, wether thru a post or by P.M. I think there's a place for cad here but come on, try harder to fit in. If you have no interest in that, why stick around? I mean you obviously want to be here or you would have stayed away after the ban, perhaps you could start by finding more posts you can agree with or some other positive stuff, perhaps I could F off...i know

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #194
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My wife and I chuckle every time we drive by that huge caterpillar. I bet they actually are nice homes that are cheaper on your pocket book though.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #195
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

You know, while I don't COMPLETELY disagree with you dub, I will say that I think you overlook a couple things in your assessment of Cadbane. I mean you do realize that virtually everyone always ragging on Cadbane for his insults is a hypocrite, correct? I have seen just as many, if not more posts insulting Cadbane, to ALMOST the same degree as he insults them, and I rarely see recognition of said posts. It seems to me as if the only person who really gets hated on for his written abuse of other members is Cadbane.

In addition, I can actually relate to his frustrations. Although everyone is completely and 100% entitled to their own opinion, the fact is, many of these opinions are absolutely idiotic and just plain wrong. I know the problem I have, and I think the problem Cadbane has, is the fact that it really aggravates us when we see other members spewing incomprehensible bullshit, and other members actually accepting this. The retaining of one's opinion is not my concern, but the spreading of that belief is. This may seem a bit harsh, and I'm sorry. I just hate seeing one of the most knowledgeable (at least basketball wise) posters on here getting continuously assaulted by every long-term member as soon as he calls someone out.

I'm sure you guys know the concept of a vicious circle. I'll let ya'll apply it to your interactions with Cadbane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.

Last edited by ReDirkulous Tyme; 02-24-2011 at 02:05 PM.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #196
DTown All Day

DTown All Day is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
I do LOVE the current chemistry and makeup of this team. I say let's roll with what we got!
yea lets finish the season who we started with it. i know its part of the bizz to get traded but it must be so challenging to up and move after adapting to cwrtain individuals and players.
DTown All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #197
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
You know, while I don't COMPLETELY disagree with you dub, I will say that I think you overlook a couple things in your assessment of Cadbane. I mean you do realize that virtually everyone always ragging on Cadbane for his insults is a hypocrite, correct? I have seen just as many, if not more posts insulting Cadbane, to ALMOST the same degree as he insults them, and I rarely see recognition of said posts. It seems to me as if the only person who really gets hated on for his written abuse of other members is Cadbane.

In addition, I can actually relate to his frustrations. Although everyone is completely and 100% entitled to their own opinion, the fact is, many of these opinions are absolutely idiotic and just plain wrong. I know the problem I have, and I think the problem Cadbane has, is the fact that it really aggravates us when we see other members spewing incomprehensible bullshit, and other members actually accepting this. The retaining of one's opinion is not my concern, but the spreading of that belief is. This may seem a bit harsh, and I'm sorry. I just hate seeing one of the most knowledgeable (at least basketball wise) posters on here getting continuously assaulted by every long-term member as soon as he calls someone out.

I'm sure you guys know the concept of a vicious circle. I'll let ya'll apply it to your interactions with Cadbane.
If you aggregate several posters, sure, people are just as rude to Cad as he is to them. But no single person consistently ridicules people like he does. He is treated differently because he, as an individual, has a history of behaving a certain way. No other individual has a similar history.

I sorta like the guy. He's pretty smart, and he's not afraid to disagree with someone (a quality I appreciate).

But if the argument is that he's unfairly been given a certain rap around here, that's just not the case. Everybody starts here with a clean slate. You don't earn the reputation of being an asshole unless you post like an asshole.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-24-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #198
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you aggregate several posters, sure, people are just as rude to Cad as he is to them. But no single person consistently ridicules people like he does. He is treated differently because he, as an individual, has a history of behaving a certain way. No other individual has a similar history.

I sorta like the guy. He's pretty smart, and he's not afraid to disagree with someone (a quality I appreciate).

But if the argument is that he's unfairly been given a certain rap around here, that's just not the case. Everybody starts here with a clean slate. You don't earn the reputation of being an asshole unless you post like an asshole.
Correct. It's not like people don't disagree around here, and disagree vehemently.

Ribosoma and I got into a hard core disagreement when he first got here. Dan and I routinely get short with each other.

But we don't all act like complete assholes every single time we disagree with someone, so we still can hold civil conversations.

If someone around here is universally disliked, there's a reason for it, and it's not because we're all banding together or experiencing group think.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #199
LonghornDub

Quote:
Correct. It's not like people don't disagree around here, and disagree vehemently.

Ribosoma and I got into a hard core disagreement when he first got here. Dan and I routinely get short with each other.

But we don't all act like complete assholes every single time we disagree with someone, so we still can hold civil conversations.

If someone around here is universally disliked, there's a reason for it, and it's not because we're all banding together or experiencing group think.
I got into several disagreements with chum and murph when I was new here and they were both veterans of 3+ years. I was defending Stackhouse in my first few hundred posts here against Murph, the ultimate Stackhouse hater and a board vet since 2001. Somehow I survived.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #200
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah lockerroom and chemistry but Wallace for Butler/Jones/1st?

Hell yes. Wallace isnt an Artest/JR or some other crazy douche...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
another cadban meltdown, cadban can't help himself, cadban knows dick, cadban returns!, cadbane likes poles, cadbane vs. the world, check out my new thread!!, everyoneiswrongbutme, look at me i'm important, mommatheregoesthatman, return of the quack!