Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #201
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Correct. It's not like people don't disagree around here, and disagree vehemently.

Ribosoma and I got into a hard core disagreement when he first got here. Dan and I routinely get short with each other.

But we don't all act like complete assholes every single time we disagree with someone, so we still can hold civil conversations.

If someone around here is universally disliked, there's a reason for it, and it's not because we're all banding together or experiencing group think.
I assume you are speaking for just me here. You routinely act like a complete asshole.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #202
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
If you aggregate several posters, sure, people are just as rude to Cad as he is to them. But no single person consistently ridicules people like he does. He is treated differently because he, as an individual, has a history of behaving a certain way. No other individual has a similar history.

I sorta like the guy. He's pretty smart, and he's not afraid to disagree with someone (a quality I appreciate).

But if the argument is that he's unfairly been given a certain rap around here, that's just not the case. Everybody starts here with a clean slate. You don't earn the reputation of being an asshole unless you post like an asshole.
My argument is not that his rep around here is unwarranted. However, are people not allowed to reinvent themselves, even if its only on the interwebz? I feel as if one problem perpetuates another, which perpetuates another, which, in turn, perpetuates the original problem.

Again, I don't have a problem with Cad being viewed differently. However, when I am reading through a post and I see Cadbane disagree with someone, or vice versa, it seems as if everyone and their fat, hairy mother want to get in on what has come to be known as "ANNIHILATING THE INFIDEL" (cadbane). Maybe I just like to play devil's advocate, but I just see this as being slightly high-schoolish, especially when Cadbane is more knowledgeable than at least 92-95% of the posters on here.

Personally, I value quality information. The reason I value this forum is because there are a few people who provide insightful knowledge from a viewpoint that I may not have considered. Cadbane is one of these posters. I don't give 2 butt-fucking monkeys about someone's personal feelings. In reality, when I see Cadbane flaming someone, it is more entertaining to me than anything else. If members here have so little self-respect and pride that their everyday life and mental state are effected by Cadbane's slightly childish insults, then I really feel sorry for said members. However, I do not empathize with them. Do a bit more research, learn the game of basketball a bit more, and maybe you won't be the target of his insults...

just my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.

Last edited by ReDirkulous Tyme; 02-24-2011 at 04:11 PM.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #203
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
My argument is not that his rep around here is unwarranted. However, are people not allowed to reinvent themselves, even if its only on the interwebz? I feel as if one problem perpetuates another, which perpetuates another, which, in turn, perpetuates the original problem.

Again, I don't have a problem with Cad being viewed differently. However, when I am reading through a post and I see Cadbane disagree with someone, or vice versa, it seems as if everyone and their fat, hairy mother want to get in on what has come to be known as "ANNIHILATING THE INFIDEL" (cadbane). Maybe I just like to play devil's advocate, but I just see this as being slightly high-schoolish, especially when Cadbane is more knowledgeable than at least 92-95% of the posters on here.

Personally, I value quality information. The reason I value this forum is because there are a few people who provide insightful knowledge from a viewpoint that I may not have considered. Cadbane is one of these posters. I don't give 2 butt-fucking monkeys about someone's personal feelings. In reality, when I see Cadbane flaming someone, it is more entertaining to me than anything else. If members here have so little self-respect and pride that their everyday life and mental state are effected by Cadbane's slightly childish insults, then I really feel sorry for said members. However, I do not empathize with them. Do a bit more research, learn the game of basketball a bit more, and maybe you won't be the target of his insults...

just my .02
That certainly explains your entire position right there.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #204
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's fine if you feel that way, but that's not the social climate here. This board values more than just pure basketball knowledge. The culture here demands fairly basic social skills, including knowing how to respectfully disagree with other posters. There are other internet boards where that's not the case.

It's your prerogative to not care about that stuff, but that doesn't change the culture here. It's not something that's been established by any one person, but by the custom and practice of hundreds of members here over the course of almost a decade.

When someone new shows up here, they pretty much have three choices, just like you do when joining any group of people for the first time. You can either: 1) acclimate to the existing social culture, 2) refuse to acclimate, remain here anyway, and be disliked, or 3) leave. Cad's chosen #2. Others have chosen #3.

But many have chosen #1, and the board is better off for it. I'm hoping eventually Cad will come around and do so.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-24-2011 at 04:25 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #205
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, I don't live in a house, per se. You ever driven through Italy, TX on I-35E? I live in that Monolithic dome community down there. The one with the big dome caterpillar out front.

This is me: http://www.monolithic.com/topics/homes
I always thought that was some sort of cult. It is rather close to Waco, isn't it?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #206
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some General Managers insisted that the trade deadline was going to be quiet due to the upcoming Collective-Bargaining Agreement, a potential lockout and other factors. That was not the case as the past few days turned into an incredibly active trade deadline. The Mavericks sat on the sidelines and kept the current cast of characters in tact. "This group's got special chemistry and they've really earned the right to make a run for the roses," Mavs Gener Manager Donnie Nelson said. "We feel great about it and we're looking forward to the playoffs."

Jason Terry mentioned that he felt no movement would be good movement for the Mavs and give them even more of a boost. "It’s big, it’s big because what it does is it instills confidence in the guys that we have from management," Jason Terry said of his team standing pat. "We know they believe in us. We know we’re a strong team and all it does is reassure us of our thoughts. I know right here, with this team we have in Dallas, we’re a contender."

Nelson agrees with Terry's assessment. Nelson said the club had talks at some level with nearly every team in the league and that Roddy Beaubois, the was the most popular prize trying to be had. As teams continued to incorporate Beaubois in any negotiations, the conversations stopped. "Roddy is a very popular Maverick when it comes to receiving phone calls," Nelson said. The GM made sure to mention that he sang "Happy Birthday" to the 23-year-old guard.

you can read the rest at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/2/...ampionship-run

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-24-2011 at 04:24 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #207
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you aggregate several posters, sure, people are just as rude to Blue as he is to Red, Green, and Orange. But no single color consistently ridicules people like Blue does. Blue is treated differently because Blue, as an individual, has a history of behaving a certain way. No other color has a similar history.

I sorta like Blue. Blue's pretty smart, and Blue's not afraid to disagree with another color (a quality I appreciate).

But if the argument is that Blue's unfairly been given a certain rap around here, that's just not the case. Every color starts here with a clean slate. You don't earn the reputation of being an asshole unless you post like an asshole.
Subjective.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #208
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #209
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Correct. It's not like people don't disagree around here, and disagree vehemently.

Ribosoma and I got into a hard core disagreement when he first got here. Dan and I routinely get short with each other.

But we don't all act like complete assholes every single time we disagree with someone, so we still can hold civil conversations.

If someone around here is universally disliked, there's a reason for it, and it's not because we're all banding together or experiencing group think.
Don't worry, I'm not universally disliked. I get a fair number of PMs and Positive Reps from posters who think some of you guys are absolute delusional asshats, but they're too reticent to say anything for fear of reprisal. And I can't say I blame them one bit. We all (well, those not residing in our sandcastles of delusion) know how things are around here.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #210
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Don't worry, I'm not universally disliked. I get a fair number of PMs and Positive Reps from posters who think some of you guys are absolute delusional asshats, but they're too reticent to say anything for fear of reprisal. And I can't say I blame them one bit. We all (well, those not residing in our sandcastles of delusion) know how things are around here.
How are things around here, Cadbane?

Break it down, let's see who's delusion...

Old 02-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #211
CadBane
Banned

Quote:

just my .02
Quite well said. Though it will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears. To echo your point, take a look at just about every thread I've ever posted in. Even if I don't comer remotely close to insulting anyone, even if it's just civil discourse, you are flat out guaranteed to find several anonymous tags personally insulted me (albeit they tend to be rather tedious and lacking in creativity) but I certainly have an unfair stigma around the middle-school (high school is too generous) known as DM.com.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #212
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wanna make a poll?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #213
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's crazy that you mentioned this because I was just cueing up a post about the very same thing. I got a bit distracted with some home renovating work, sit back down, reloaded the page to post, and here your post was. Weird little bit of synchronicity.

When I first got here, I was way, way, WAY too condescending and I took things far too seriously. I look back at those first posts from time to time just to humble myself a bit and I always cringe when I do.

CadBane reminds me of a pony I met while visiting a therapeutic horse-riding center in Alvarado. This pony kept nipping at the older horses' asses until they would inevitably kick it in the face. The tragedy was that this was a beautiful animal that was stuck in a feedback loop. When I saw it, it had already lost one eye and yet it was still pulling the same shtick that cost it that eye.

CadBane is our beautiful, blind horse. He just keeps repeating the same behavior, gets kicked in the face, plays nice for a little while, and then starts needling asses again. The fact that he set up bogus accounts after his last ban saddened me. He just keeps projecting his victimhood onto everyone else. The thing I have learned about people who see themselves as victims, besides the fact that they are disempowering themselves and blaming others for it, is that they often become tyrannical in their dealings with others. There is some serious pathology at work in CadBane that I really have some sympathy for, but not to the extent that I am okay with him abusing people here every time someone disagrees with him.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #214
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
That's fine if you feel that way, but that's not the social climate here. This board values more than just pure basketball knowledge. The culture here demands fairly basic social skills, including knowing how to respectfully disagree with other posters. There are other internet boards where that's not the case.

It's your prerogative to not care about that stuff, but that doesn't change the culture here. It's not something that's been established by any one person, but by the custom and practice of hundreds of members here over the course of almost a decade.

When someone new shows up here, they pretty much have three choices, just like you do when joining any group of people for the first time. You can either: 1) acclimate to the existing social culture, 2) refuse to acclimate, remain here anyway, and be disliked, or 3) leave. Cad's chosen #2. Others have chosen #3.

But many have chosen #1, and the board is better off for it. I'm hoping eventually Cad will come around and do so.

That's weird, I didn't realize things of a subjective nature suddenly became facts when uttered from your apparently omniscient mouth (or fingers...or other bodily parts as the case might be).
Old 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #215
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
It's crazy that you mentioned this because I was just cueing up a post about the very same thing. I got a bit distracted with some home renovating work, sit back down, reloaded the page to post, and here your post was. Weird little bit of synchronicity.

When I first got here, I was way, way, WAY too condescending and I took things far too seriously. I look back at those first posts from time to time just to humble myself a bit and I always cringe when I do.

CadBane reminds me of a pony I met while visiting a therapeutic horse-riding center in Alvarado. This pony kept nipping at the older horses' asses until they would inevitably kick it in the face. The tragedy was that this was a beautiful animal that was stuck in a feedback loop. When I saw it, it had already lost one eye and yet it was still pulling the same shtick that cost it that eye.

CadBane is our beautiful, blind horse. He just keeps repeating the same behavior, gets kicked in the face, plays nice for a little while, and then starts needling asses again. The fact that he set up bogus accounts after his last ban saddened me. He just keeps projecting his victimhood onto everyone else. The thing I have learned about people who see themselves as victims, besides the fact that they are disempowering themselves and blaming others for it, is that they often become tyrannical in their dealings with others. There is some serious pathology at work in CadBane that I really have some sympathy for, but not to the extent that I am okay with him abusing people here every time someone disagrees with him.
And you just keep on churning out those Community College Psych 101 lectures. Though you might want to come up with a better story than the horse thing for your Creative Writing class.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #216
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

ugh....
Old 02-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #217
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Wanna make a poll?
Knock yourself out. You might want to learn the word 'Universally' first. Which might involve a trip to your public library. If they have those in your neck of the woods.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #218
Underdog

Quote:
In reality, when I see Cadbane flaming someone, it is more entertaining to me than anything else. If members here have so little self-respect and pride that their everyday life and mental state are effected by Cadbane's slightly childish insults, then I really feel sorry for said members. However, I do not empathize with them. Do a bit more research, learn the game of basketball a bit more, and maybe you won't be the target of his insults...
Yeah, Cadbane is really owning people around here with his basketball knowledge...

Quote:
That's weird, I didn't realize things of a subjective nature suddenly became facts when uttered from your apparently omniscient mouth (or fingers...or other bodily parts as the case might be).
Quote:
And you just keep on churning out those Community College Psych 101 lectures. Though you might want to come up with a better story than the horse thing for your Creative Writing class.
Quote:
Knock yourself out. You might want to learn the word 'Universally' first. Which might involve a trip to your public library. If they have those in your neck of the woods.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #219
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nah, watching RT put a check next to CAN YOU STOMACH THIS LOSER would give you enough confidence in your lunacy to last another few months here, nevermind the other slew that put a check next to WOULD YOU LIKE TO TORTURE THIS LOSER WITH HOT COALS.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #220
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never claimed it wasn't subjective. It's an entirely subjective assessment. It's also an assessment based on many years here, on myself being a new member at one point with certain personality characteristics similar to yours, and on integrating myself into the community here without major issue.

I have no idea why you're so hostile, dude. None. I don't even really want to know, but I wish you'd find a way to coexist here without constantly getting into fights.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #221
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
ugh....
You read it and enjoy it. That is your punishment for teasing yesterday.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #222
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

The problem with posters such as yourself, Longhorn, is that many times your posts are too insightful/valuable for me to want to join another forum. I realize that what I value goes against the e-values that have been implemented in this forum by its users over the last decade. However, I really think that your 3 options of assimilation aren't as cut and dry as you make them out to be. Personally, I have bounced between your option's 1, 2, and 3. However, I feel as if the approach that "the nail that sticks out gets hammered" is a primitive and ancient mantra. Unfortunately, I feel as if this is the mantra you, collectively as a board, have developed. Cadbane doesn't seem to fit in to your little categories, and I think that other members fall in to the same category as Cadbane.

Please understand that I am not trying to stir up additional conflict, as I really do enjoy reading virtually every single one of your posts, Longhorn. However, someone has to stick up for Cad every once in awhile. Apparently, I have taken that role upon myself

In reference to the thread title - we all knew weren't making a trade at the deadline. This is the most talented/deepest team the Mavs have ever had, even without Butler. The fact that we didn't make a trade makes me very hopeful that Butler will be ready by the time the playoffs roll around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.

Last edited by ReDirkulous Tyme; 02-24-2011 at 04:54 PM.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #223
Underdog

Quote:
Please understand that I am not trying to stir up additional conflict
Oh, so you must be talking about being content with the Mavericks not making any trades, like the thread title suggests?

Last edited by Underdog; 02-24-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #224
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
You read it and enjoy it. That is your punishment for teasing yesterday.
I really don't read it, maybe one sentence and then I keep scrolling down.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #225
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
I really don't read it, maybe one sentence and then I keep scrolling down.
How ironic, that is exactly what I do with your MMB-related posts...

BURN.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #226
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

The first rule to understanding CadBane is that all threads are about CadBane. The second rule to understanding CadBane is that all threads are about CadBane. The third rule to understanding CadBane is that ALL FREAKING THREADS ARE ABOUT CADBANE!!!
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #227
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
How ironic, that is exactly what I do with your MMB-related posts...

BURN.
Well played.

I'm willing to bet you would be missing out on a LOT more by skimming through those posts versus what I skim through. It's just a hunch..
Old 02-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #228
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

i'm convinced that we didnt need a trade.

we are just fine with various matchups to use on both sides of the floor.

i don't know anyone not named Caron who thinks butler will come back and contribute, so whatever he does should only add to idea that Dallas is just fine.

no doubt that the mavs will improve as everyone gets more comfortable with each other.

this is a finals team
Old 02-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #229
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
The first rule to understanding CadBane is that all threads are about CadBane. The second rule to understanding CadBane is that all threads are about CadBane. The third rule to understanding CadBane is that ALL FREAKING THREADS ARE ABOUT CADBANE!!!
3 pages of this thread now (and counting...)

Last edited by Underdog; 02-24-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #230
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axilla View Post

i don't know anyone not named Caron who thinks butler will come back and contribute, so whatever he does should only add to idea that Dallas is just fine.

no doubt that the mavs will improve as everyone gets more comfortable with each other.

this is a finals team
Agree with this post 100%.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #231
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well played.

I'm willing to bet you would be missing out on a LOT more by skimming through those posts versus what I skim through. It's just a hunch..
Have you read your writing?

BURN x2.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #232
LonghornDub

Quote:
However, I feel as if the approach that "the nail that sticks out gets hammered" is a primitive and ancient mantra. Unfortunately, I feel as if this is the mantra you, collectively as a board, have developed.
There is only one way anybody can stick out in this environment: your posts. When you start here, nobody has any unfair bases on which to judge you. They don't know what you look like, what color your skin is, what kind of car you drive, where you're from, how much money you make, none of it. As a new member, you build your reputation here (and the all-important first impression) based entirely on what you put in your posts (and your username, I guess). There's nothing else.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #233
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Portland is the scariest team in the West for the Mavs now.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #234
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Portland is the scariest team in the West for the Mavs now.
Lakers? SA?

Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #235
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Even more than those two. Not saying it is an easy win against SA or the Lakers. But they matchup better gainst those teams than they do Portland.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #236
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axilla View Post

this is a finals team
well, i guess you belong to that group of people who are "absolute delusional asshats", but people are just "too reticent to say anything for fear of reprisal"

seriously, i would like if they can add prince or harris. that would make me more confident about their championship chance. as it is, i am still confident but...
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #237
LonghornDub

Quote:
Even more than those two. Not saying it is an easy win against SA or the Lakers. But they matchup better gainst those teams than they do Portland.
I don't know about position-by-position matchups, but I certainly don't think the Blazers would give the Mavs a tougher series, or be more likely to beat them, than the Lakers or the Spurs. Both teams are considerably more talented and better-coached than the Blazers.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #238
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

GUYS!!!!!!!!

can we please get back to the original topic??!?!?!?!?!?

Bill Walton is the best announcer ever.

And no, i am not joking in the least. I swear.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #239
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
You're throwing some crazy stuff out there. I think you might be the only person that think Boston got the better of the OKC trade.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #240
Bayliss

Quote:
You're throwing some crazy stuff out there. I think you might be the only person that think Boston got the better of the OKC trade.
Um, I didn't say it helped Boston. I said it hurt the Thunder.

Quote:
I don't know about position-by-position matchups, but I certainly don't think the Blazers would give the Mavs a tougher series, or be more likely to beat them, than the Lakers or the Spurs. Both teams are considerably more talented and better-coached than the Blazers.
They are more talented and better coached. But Dallas has always had trouble with athleticism. Maybe not quite as much now with Chandler. But Portland oozes athleticism. LA and SA are a better team.

Dallas matches up well with LA because Kidd/Stephenson can guard Kobe and Fisher will not take advantage of Terry and/or Voldeshort/Roddy. The frontline with Chandler and Haywood, the Mavs can now play straightup with their bigs and still score.

Dallas matches up well with SA because Sa other than Duncan doesn't have a "hoss" on the inside. And Duncan is slowing down. Voldeshort and Roddy can give as much back to Parker and Hill as they receive.

Portland on the other hand, now have an athletic group on the frontline/LA/Batum/Crash... and they have a "hoss" in the backcourt with Miller (the same one who scored 50+ on the Mavs )....

And Portland plays more zone out of any of those 3 teams. And the Mavs offense stagnates against it. Of course that was before Roddy and Peja came along.

Tags
another cadban meltdown, cadban can't help himself, cadban knows dick, cadban returns!, cadbane likes poles, cadbane vs. the world, check out my new thread!!, everyoneiswrongbutme, look at me i'm important, mommatheregoesthatman, return of the quack!