Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-18-2004, 10:47 AM   #81
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lost

U2. if you saw the green, it looked pretty rough. I don't think it was a very good course. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

as for sayid. He left everyone else to walk the beach and chart the island. Everyone likes him... Except sawyer... whom he tortured in the last episode with bamboo spikes under his fingernails. sayid was pissed at himself for doing that (which he swore he would never do again), so that helped him in his decision to leave everyone (thus Kate talking to Jack early in the episode about torture).
Old 11-18-2004, 10:55 AM   #82
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh... ok. Thanks.

I felt lost(no pun intended) with the talk of the monster, and "whispers" in the woods. But I figure those things have not been explained.

Pretty creative show though.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:15 AM   #83
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, we have not seen the Monster. Just heard some loud noises and seen trees sway and fall down. plus the pilot was massacred by something in the 2nd episode.

as for the whispers, i think last night was the first time they were mentioned.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:11 PM   #84
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:Lost

my dvr (think tivo) stopped recording right before the very end when sayid was walking away from Danielle's place...it sounded/looked like a monster (or something) was following him...did anything happen after that?

also, is it not on next week?
Old 11-18-2004, 12:50 PM   #85
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

not on til two weeks from now.

the wind starting whipping. Then he saw trees move like when the monster is around. And then he heard whispering (that I couldn't make out). and the camera spun around him a few times to show how he was disoriented. then the episode ended.

as for the whispering, i think this actually does lend some creedence to the SPOILERS purgatory theory. Anyone seen "the Others"? Same typ of thing in that movie.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I love the idea of purgatory....do we know if the writers are Catholic?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:46 PM   #87
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Ahhh... ok. Thanks.

I felt lost(no pun intended) with the talk of the monster, and "whispers" in the woods. But I figure those things have not been explained.

Pretty creative show though.
Oh, and somewhere on the island, there is a polar bear.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:28 AM   #88
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

as erica stated before, another reason to like LOST:

Old 11-19-2004, 03:47 PM   #89
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

ohhh...the reasons are plentiful...
Old 12-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #90
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am officially addicted.

So I am wondering, and you may be too.... did the Psychic get her on the plane to kill her (thus ensuring the child would not grow up), or did he know she would survive and on an Island she would have to raise the baby.... or is it darker than that and knew whoever these "people" are and wanted them to get the baby?

Or are they really dead now and in purgatory....????!!!!

Darn it. They can't expect us to watch for years and years before finding out the answers to all these questions that are born every week.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:19 AM   #91
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I loved the Damien: Omen aspects of last night's show. I have a feeling that the kid may have much more to do with the eventual plot of this developing show than shallower Purgatory theories would allow...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:31 AM   #92
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

what is the "Damien[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]men?"?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-02-2004, 10:59 AM   #93
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

IMDB.org: Damien- Omen II

The Omen series is a very entertaining 1970's series of films chronicling the birth and upbringing of the young Anti-Christ, 'Damien'. Parts 1-3 of the Omen series are all very, very good, but Damien: Omen II is probably the best. I would post torrent links for you, but unfortunately I can't find links on Isohunt or SuprNova for anything but the superfluous, crappy Omen IV.

Old 12-02-2004, 11:10 AM   #94
sike
The Preacha

so the "Damien" theory, would be that all this is happening because of this baby(future anit-Christ)?

Old 12-02-2004, 11:19 AM   #95
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Future something...

The psychic was terrified enough of what would happen to the baby if it wasn't raised by the "good heart" of his mother, so that raises the question, what exactly can this baby become? Obviously, the psychic views the child as being capable of becoming something horrible if he is raised without his mother's influence, but just as obviously, he believes he can become something very, very good if the mother's "good heart" prevails and stays with, and protects the child after it comes into the world.

It certainly looks to me like there are definite, Messiah/Monster undertones to the plot-line of last night's episode, and that's a good thing. It just makes me more addicted to the darned show...
Old 12-02-2004, 11:26 AM   #96
sike
The Preacha

I still have yet to see one episode....my Wednesday night are always busy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2004, 11:37 AM   #97
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Bittorrent them, Sike. I posted working links up above, but you can find more at sites like SuprNova.org and tvtorrents.com. As long as you aren't on dial-up, you should be able to use a fast bittorrent client (like my favorite BitComet), and use the links on any number of bittorrent hash sites to be able to download extremely high quality copies of the episodes, and catch up to the show at your own leasure...
Old 12-02-2004, 12:31 PM   #98
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

damn good show... man oh man.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:48 PM   #99
XERXES
Diamond Member

last night's episode was pure greatness.

U2- I don't think the Psychic was trying to kill her - If he was truly psychic he would have known she would have survived the crash and been forced to raise the child herself...

What I am wondering is:

WHO in the world is Ethan????!!!! (I think he is Alex)

and

Is there a connection between Danielle's (the french woman) son, Alex...and Claire and her unborn (yet already highly contraversial) child?

Old 12-02-2004, 05:57 PM   #100
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i was thinking along the Alex thing as well... but for some reason I am convinced that Alex is a girl. Just because the woman specifically said "Alex is my child" not "son". trying to pull a little trickaroo on the audience.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:02 PM   #101
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
i was thinking along the Alex thing as well... but for some reason I am convinced that Alex is a girl. Just because the woman specifically said "Alex is my child" not "son". trying to pull a little trickaroo on the audience.
very interesting theory, bbl...

with that in mind, back to my question, who the hell is Ethan?
Old 12-03-2004, 03:52 AM   #102
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Who is Ethan?

My guess, is that he was certainly the one who attacked the pregnant girl in the night, and that he is one of those 'others' that the French woman told Saiid about in the last episode. Although, if he wasn't one of the original crashed passengers, it does look to me like he's done a good job keeping himself clean garbed and shaven for however goodness knows how long, the man has spent in the jungle....
Old 12-03-2004, 11:01 AM   #103
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

maybe he wasn't on the manifest because he was a stowaway? Or a potential hijacker? Or maybe he caused the crash?

or he could just be a guy on the island.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:08 AM   #104
XERXES
Diamond Member

I think everyone should have to state their position on who Ethan is- for bragging rights when we actually find out...

1) Danielle's son, Alex.

2) Random stowaway passenger who goes nuts on the island.

3) Claire's evil son who is (through some funky time warp) around the same age as his mother.

4) Other
Old 12-03-2004, 12:27 PM   #105
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i like #3 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

honestly, i feel that if it was #1, the series would be answering too many questions too early.

I never would have thought that we'd have seen the french woman already.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:00 PM   #106
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Maybe I missed something... and maybe that's because I've only seen 2 episodes. But who is Danielle? is that the weird chick that captured that dude that came back to the group at the end of the last show telling them they weren't alone?

I like #4.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:32 PM   #107
XERXES
Diamond Member

yes, Danielle is the french chick who has been stranded on the island 16 years or so...
Old 12-08-2004, 01:40 PM   #108
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

For anyone that missed the first couple episodes...

They will rerun episodes 1 and 2 (ie the 2hour pilot) on Wednesday Dec 15th from 8-10.

They will rerun episodes 3 and 4 on Wednesday Dec 22nd from 8-10.

They will rerun episodes 5 and 6 on Wednesday Dec 29th from 8-10.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:55 PM   #109
XERXES
Diamond Member

I'm geeked up for tonight's episode. I feel like such a hypocrite b/c I really hate TV and the lethargy that comes from watching TV and I pride myself on hardly watching any TV - yet, I find myself waiting for Wednesdays like a kid waiting for Christmas...

BBL- do you think we'll find out who Ethan is tonight?
Old 12-08-2004, 03:24 PM   #110
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i know, man! this is the first show in a loooong time that makes me count the days to when it comes on. actually, i don't think i've ever done that with a show, to be honest.

i was reading stuff online that tonight's episode will be the best of the season (but i didn't read any spoilers).

i bet that tonight may answer who Ethan is, but like I said before about another episode, even more questions will be raised. then we'll probably get a nice cliffhanger until the shows start up again in January.

my theory is this about tonight's episode... I bet Claire dies in childbirth due to premature labor brought upon by all the stress she is under... then... the child is not raised by her, and becomes the ANTI-CHRIST!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 03:37 PM   #111
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
know, man! this is the first show in a loooong time that makes me count the days to when it comes on
I do that with Mavs games. I just don't have to wait as long with League pass.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:10 PM   #112
XERXES
Diamond Member

bbl - that's an interesting point b/c I think I read somewhere (maybe in this thread) that one of the main characters will be killed off this first season...you think it's claire?
Old 12-08-2004, 04:20 PM   #113
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

It looks to me like the Demon child will probably be born in the cliff-hanging episode, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if BBL is correct in predicting that Claire will die in effecting it's birth. If she's not the one who bites the bullet, I would be hard pressed to predict which of the major characters the writers would feel comfortable killing off, but I would bet that it would have to be one of the ones that we have gotten the background story for...
Old 12-08-2004, 05:01 PM   #114
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

guys, I also know one other thing about this series that is affecting my prediction, that I noticed a while back...

possible spoiler, although maybe not...

all of the "main" actors listed for the show (excluding guys like ethan and the hypochondriac, for example) were listed in starring roles, EXCEPT the girl who plays Claire, who was listed in a "guest-starring" role.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:11 PM   #115
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

They will rerun episodes 1 and 2 (ie the 2hour pilot) on Wednesday Dec 15th from 8-10.

thanks BBL, like Sexy, I don't watch TV (except mavs games and he occasional Cowboys game) but the way you guys have talked about it...I'll have to try....

Old 12-08-2004, 05:14 PM   #116
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:

I believe those times are EST. So if you live in CST, it would be 7-9.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #117
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yes, definitely. 7-9 Central time. I copied that off a website. Damn east coast media bias.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:40 PM   #118
XERXES
Diamond Member

Was tonight's episode great or what!!!

I thought Charlie was a goner. Man, I was so into that.

It sucks that next week is a re-run...although I do completely expect sike and u2 to use the opportunity to catch up...when is the next new episode?
Old 12-08-2004, 09:57 PM   #119
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

After reading Xerxe's post about someone dying this year earlier today and seeing Charlie hanging there.... I thought for sure he was dead also. Now I can't wait to get caught up the next two weeks (assuming episodes 5 and 6 were the last two I saw). I think the next new one will be the lead in to the Alias premier (which up until you guys got me hooked on Lost was the only TV show I watched regularly.... at least now I only will watch TV regularly on Wednesdays [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) on January 5th.

Wednesday nights are going to be awesome.

Did you catch that on the tease of the rerun next week? Something was said about "now that you are this far into it, watch the shows again and see what you might have missed the first time" or something like that...

Lastly, do you think Charlie said that about all they wanted was Claire because of his and her conversation before the evil Ethan (or was it really Ethan? was Jack just imagining Ethan because of what the fat dude said before he went looking for them.... is Ethan really his name? - dang it this is killing me)....

Oh never mind. I will just wait I guess.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #120
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Did you catch that on the tease of the rerun next week? Something was said about "now that you are this far into it, watch the shows again and see what you might have missed the first time" or something like that...
That did get my attention - but it didn't really make sense. Did you understand it? Was it suggesting that people who had seen all the episodes might be more enlightened by going back and seeing them again or was it simply suggesting that people who've missed episodes can go back so it will all make sense?