Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2002, 05:11 PM   #1
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

We are already discussing it on other threads, so I thought I would start the official thread.

This is an important game. Not so much for the series, as the Mavs only have to win 1 of the next 3 games to win the series, but in terms of what it will tell us about the Mavs mindset.

In the first two games, the Mavs have established that when they are focused and playing their game there is no way Minnesota can beat them. But now they are going into Minnesota with a two game cushion. As I said on another thread, whatever criticism you might level at KG, lack of heart is not one of them. Backs to the wall, in front of their home crowd, Minnesota is going to come to play. So the question is whether the Mavs have the full championship mindset or not. Do they come out and put this series away or do they relax a little and let Minnesota steal one?

I think the Mavs have the proper mental toughness. Prediction: T-wolves scrap hard and lead for much of the 1st half, but the Mavs take control in the 3rd and 6 playoff exits will drag Minnesota down as the Mavs cruise to a finish.
Mavs 108
T-wolves 95
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote