Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-13-2015, 12:04 AM   #241
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The Imitation Game was awesome. Highly recommended.
Agreed.... Really the best thing I've seen.

American Sniper was excellent.
Fury was really excellent. Some of the battle scenes were just unbelievable.
100 foot journey was also very good.

My prediction is that Cumberbatch takes home the oscar. American sniper may get best picture.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2015, 12:37 AM   #242
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Sniper has no hope for Best Picture. Bradley Cooper's performance was outstanding, and Sienna Miller was surprisingly good, but the movie fell a little flat critically (for a presumptive Best Picture contender) and the soldier, Chris Kyle, has recently taken his fair share of criticism for remarks made in his autobiography.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:48 AM   #243
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Boyhood will almost assuredly win best picture. I frankly thought it was OK. Supbar acting (minus arquette), poor pacing, poor editing, and is there really even a plot? I respect how they filmed it, but that doesn't automatically make a great movie. I've seen a hundred better coming of age movies.

The big victory for movies was Grand Budapest winning best picture in the comedy section at the Golden Globes.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #244
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Sniper has no hope for Best Picture. Bradley Cooper's performance was outstanding, and Sienna Miller was surprisingly good, but the movie fell a little flat critically (for a presumptive Best Picture contender) and the soldier, Chris Kyle, has recently taken his fair share of criticism for remarks made in his autobiography.
You may be right. I thought clint would pull it through but the empty chair routine criticising "the one" may have gotten him ostracised.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:45 PM   #245
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
You may be right. I thought clint would pull it through but the empty chair routine criticising "the one" may have gotten him ostracised.
I don't think that's the case, though I do think that display was so embarrassing that it cost him some credibility, deserved or not.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #246
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Boyhood will almost assuredly win best picture. I frankly thought it was OK. Supbar acting (minus arquette), poor pacing, poor editing, and is there really even a plot? I respect how they filmed it, but that doesn't automatically make a great movie. I've seen a hundred better coming of age movies.

The big victory for movies was Grand Budapest winning best picture in the comedy section at the Golden Globes.
I really enjoyed Grand Budapest. Nice to see it get a win.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:50 PM   #247
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Grand Budapest was probably Andersen's best film in my opinion. It just encapsulated his whimsical tone while also being a perfectly paced, perfect little gem. I'm glad that Grand Budapest got the nod
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:55 AM   #248
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Sniper got a Best Picture nomination, which I don't agree with, and Bradley Cooper got a Best Actor nomination, which I think is great.

Boyhood and Michael Keaton are going to win those awards, but that's still a great accomplishment to add to Clint Eastwood's resume.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:57 AM   #249
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Shocked that Budapest tied Birdman with 9 oscar nominations. I still haven't had a chance to see Birdman but will.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:43 AM   #250
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Sorry if this was already discussed. I saw The Equalizer on DVD last week, after people at work kept ranting and raving over it. Apart from being a mindless entertaining movie, I didn't think it was that good. In fact the story line was rather shallow. Too much going on with the characters with none developed well at the end.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:55 AM   #251
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
Sorry if this was already discussed. I saw The Equalizer on DVD last week, after people at work kept ranting and raving over it. Apart from being a mindless entertaining movie, I didn't think it was that good. In fact the story line was rather shallow. Too much going on with the characters with none developed well at the end.
I thought it was okay, and I feel like I enjoyed it well enough when I was watching it, but I can't remember a single thing from the movie. I love Denzel but he hasn't made a movie that I've really liked in over ten years.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:44 AM   #252
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Please take future political jabs to the Political subforum. This isn't the place for partisan jabs. That goes for both of you.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:02 PM   #253
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
I thought it was okay, and I feel like I enjoyed it well enough when I was watching it, but I can't remember a single thing from the movie. I love Denzel but he hasn't made a movie that I've really liked in over ten years.
I know, it was all about Denzel killing bad guys in creative and badass ways, right?
Old 01-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #254
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well the end of Equalizer was just goofy. I didn't take a single bad guy seriously.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #255
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
I know, it was all about Denzel killing bad guys in creative and badass ways, right?
Seemed like it was a less interesting version of Man on Fire to me. It wasn't a bad movie at all or anything... just unspectacular.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #256
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Finally saw Edge of Tomorrow. Surprisingly good movie with a unique plot.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #257
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Finally saw Edge of Tomorrow. Surprisingly good movie with a unique plot.
Not much of a fan of Cruise, but I enjoyed it as well. Independence Day meets Groundhog Day. The scene at the barn with the helicopter was very well acted.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #258
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Whiplash is a fantastic movie and big surprise. I really had no expectations, but it was sizzling. You feel like you're a jazz drummer after seeing it.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:06 AM   #259
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I like Denzel, but he hasn't shown a lot of acting range in the past .... 20 years.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #260
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I like Denzel, but he hasn't shown a lot of acting range in the past .... 20 years.
Agree that he doesn't show much range, but think Flight is a good example of him branching out a bit.

Quote:
Flight, American Gangster, Inside Man, Man on Fire? None of those do anything for you? Even Unstoppable, which looked stupid in the previews, was pretty enjoyable and pretty well accepted critically.

And I found Book of Eli to be thoroughly enjoyable, despite it getting mostly panned.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #261
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Don't mean to turn this into the Denzel thread, but here are his filmography for the last 20 years:

1995 Crimson Tide
1995 Virtuosity
1995 Devil in a Blue Dress
1996 Courage Under Fire
1996 The Preacher's Wife
1998 Fallen
1998 He Got Game
1998 The Siege
1999 The Bone Collector
1999 The Hurricane
2000 Remember the Titans
2000 The Loretta Claiborne Story
2001 Training Day
2002 John Q
2002 Antwone Fisher
2003 Out of Time
2004 Man on Fire
2004 The Manchurian Candidate
2006 Inside Man
2006 DéjÃ* Vu
2007 American Gangster
2007 The Great Debaters
2009 The Taking of Pelham 123
2010 The Book of Eli
2010 Unstoppable
2012 Safe House
2012 Flight
2013 2 Guns
2014 The Equalizer

I haven't seen all but there are definitely quite a few stinkers in that list. The only goods one I can pick out are:

Fallen
Remember the Titans
Training Day
American Gangster
Old 01-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #262
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Flight, American Gangster, Inside Man, Man on Fire? None of those do anything for you? Even Unstoppable, which looked stupid in the previews, was pretty enjoyable and pretty well accepted critically.

And I found Book of Eli to be thoroughly enjoyable, despite it getting mostly panned.
I didn't mind any of those, and I'm sure I saw most of them in theaters, but none of those are movies that I'd watch again. My favorite that he's made somewhat recently was Out of Time. It sort of got swallowed up in all of the acclaim that Man on Fire got less than a year later, but I thought it was one of his better performances.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:11 AM   #263
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Man on Fire is getting incredibly overlooked in this thread. That movie is auto-stopdown for me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 01-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #264
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Speaking of Washington, this scene with him and Morgan Freeman is one of the best in cinematic history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFWLkCnT50s

Can't believe Freeman wasn't nominated for that movie. I suppose because he was for Driving Miss Daisy. Still...

Old 01-22-2015, 12:17 PM   #265
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Speaking of Washington, this scene with him and Morgan Freeman is one of the best in cinematic history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFWLkCnT50s

Can't believe Freeman wasn't nominated for that movie. I suppose because he was for Driving Miss Daisy. Still...
Yes. So much yes. Denzel, Freeman and Andre Braugher. Love Glory.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-22-2015, 12:55 PM   #266
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

Glory is one of the all time greatest movies. I don't like Broderick but still love him in that movie.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:14 PM   #267
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Don't mean to turn this into the Denzel thread, but here are his filmography for the last 20 years:

1995 Crimson Tide
1995 Virtuosity
1995 Devil in a Blue Dress
1996 Courage Under Fire
1996 The Preacher's Wife
1998 Fallen
1998 He Got Game
1998 The Siege
1999 The Bone Collector
1999 The Hurricane
2000 Remember the Titans
2000 The Loretta Claiborne Story
2001 Training Day
2002 John Q
2002 Antwone Fisher
2003 Out of Time
2004 Man on Fire
2004 The Manchurian Candidate
2006 Inside Man
2006 DéjÃ* Vu
2007 American Gangster
2007 The Great Debaters
2009 The Taking of Pelham 123
2010 The Book of Eli
2010 Unstoppable
2012 Safe House
2012 Flight
2013 2 Guns
2014 The Equalizer

I haven't seen all but there are definitely quite a few stinkers in that list. The only goods one I can pick out are:

Fallen
Remember the Titans
Training Day
American Gangster
Dude, Man on Fire. Crissy Bear kicked ass.
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #268
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying that he doesn't make some good movies. He does. He just doesn't show much acting range. As for Book of Eli, I thought that was terrible.... Couldn't even finish it.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #269
Murphy3
Guru

Man in Fire was ok.. No reason why I'd want to see it more than once.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:22 PM   #270
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Caught a dollar showing of Interstellar this past weekend. Had some good ideas, but didn't make for a great movie. They tried too hard to explain the plot in the dialogue which hurt the dialogue and character development. Worth a watch and had good music though.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #271
Murphy3
Guru

American Sniper.. Really good movie, but probably not Best Picture worthy.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #272
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caught a dollar showing of Interstellar this past weekend. Had some good ideas, but didn't make for a great movie. They tried too hard to explain the plot in the dialogue which hurt the dialogue and character development. Worth a watch and had good music though.
That was something I disliked about Inception as well - Nolan used way too much exposition and not enough visualization to deliver his plot to audiences... For that reason, I think a lot of his original screenplays are probably better suited as novels than movies (but a filmmaker's gotta filmmake, I suppose).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-26-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:24 PM   #273
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That was something I disliked about Inception as well - Nolan used way too much exposition and not enough visualization to deliver his plot to audiences... For that reason, I think a lot of his original screenplays are probably better suited as novels than movies (but a filmmaker's gotta filmmake, I suppose).
Um, I guess Spoiler Alert, but...

It was just absurd when one of the scientists was explaining to Matthew what a wormhole was...WHILE ON THE MISSION. I'm like..."Did anyone brief this guy before sending him into outer space?" That reaaaaally stretched the believability of what they were doing.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #274
spreedom
Diamond Member

Nolan movies, almost without exception, are riddled with over-explanation of anything remotely scientific. Yeah, the explanations are accurate, but like come on... I don't need to know what EMP is, or get three separate explanations of what water pressure is like in Batman Begins.

Overall I think Nolan is a really smart director, and the ideas he has for movies are really interesting and creative, but he seems like he spends too much time huffing his own farts in the editing room.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:01 AM   #275
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Um, I guess Spoiler Alert, but...

It was just absurd when one of the scientists was explaining to Matthew what a wormhole was...WHILE ON THE MISSION. I'm like..."Did anyone brief this guy before sending him into outer space?" That reaaaaally stretched the believability of what they were doing.
Might have been easier just to teach an astronaut how to farm?
Old 01-28-2015, 11:16 PM   #276
TheDirkKnightRises

TheDirkKnightRises is on a distinguished road

American Sniper and Selma were outstanding. My only problem with Selma is some historical inaccuracies with LBJ. It doesn't make sense to make him historically inaccurate when the rest of the movie is largely accurate.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #277
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Fantastic behind the scenes of Grand Budapest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfYOXnyzBos#t=405

Old 02-23-2015, 09:16 AM   #278
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Oscars were boring as usual, but I really though GB was snubbed in important categories. Cumberbatch should have won for Imitation Game. At least Boyhood only won supporting actress.

I really just don't get the Birdman hype at all. Thought it was a very mediocre movie and not very original. Eh well.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:00 PM   #279
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I was already looking forward to Avengers 2 this summer, but I just totally had a nerdgasm after watching the new trailer...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-19-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:32 PM   #280
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Guess I should catch up on movies I've seen recently...

Maps to the Stars- Pretty good dark comedy if you're into David Cronenberg

Unbroken- Not as bad as some of the reviews, but kinda bland. Cool B24 scenes.

American Sniper- Unbelievably overrated, but cool action scenes. And hey, the movie was pretty accurate from the actual story.

Kingsman Secret Service- Surprisingly rated R and fun. Nothing entirely memorable though.

Mockingjay 1- Wife loves these, and I think they're OK.

Dumb and Dumber to- Terrible.