Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Anyone else seen Venom? I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. It still suffered from bad acting and script somewhat, but I enjoyed the movie overall. A few really heavy CGI scenes looked CGI instead of real life, but again, it's was pretty good overall.
Took my son to see it. We enjoyed it. Wasn't amazing wasn't bad either. Was a good solid movie. I did leave wanting more though, as in I wish it had been rated R, wouldn't have been able to take the kiddo to see it but I think Venom should have been an R movie honestly.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #2
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Took my son to see it. We enjoyed it. Wasn't amazing wasn't bad either. Was a good solid movie. I did leave wanting more though, as in I wish it had been rated R, wouldn't have been able to take the kiddo to see it but I think Venom should have been an R movie honestly.
Totally agree on the rated R. Both Eddie Brock and Venom characters could have been a lot more rough around the edges similar to Logan and Charles in Logan. It would have given the characters and movie a little more edge that might have helped. But overall a solid movie and enjoyed it.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Totally agree on the rated R. Both Eddie Brock and Venom characters could have been a lot more rough around the edges similar to Logan and Charles in Logan. It would have given the characters and movie a little more edge that might have helped. But overall a solid movie and enjoyed it.
On that note, I read that a remake of Spawn is in the works and going to be a pretty hard R based more on the theme rather than language like Deadpool. That could be interesting.

Kind of reminds of always wanting a sequel to Constantine. Which interesting fact, I bet I had seen the movie well over 20 times and caught the end on normal TV the other day. There is actually a post-credits scene that I never knew was there! I won't spoil it in case anyone else didn't know as well.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote