Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-27-2018, 03:33 AM   #521
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I wanna tell Daj to fuck off period!...
SO THIS. I'm honestly shocked at the support DeAndre Jordan's possible signing has had among so many posters. I know most are thinking of what's best for the team now & still don't personally care for DeAndre Jordan.

The way I see it & you'll pardon my French, but that mother trucker can go lock himself in his basement & choke to death on Raising Cane's for all I give a flying F.

I'll be legit pissed at the Mavs if they sign him. F that dude til infinity!

Edit: Not only that. I'll lose some respect for the Mavs. It'd be like having a buddy who breaks up with his girlfriend or wife because she cheats on him, but then goes crawling back on his hands & knees for her to take him back. Hell no. Once a cheating P.O.S. always a cheating P.O.S. and DeAndre Jordan is a lying P.O.S. & always will be.

Last edited by 3_Ball; 06-27-2018 at 03:38 AM.
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2018, 03:49 AM   #522
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Looking through that long list of contracts, I saw something interesting.

Myles Turner is a RFA next year. He'll be 23 years old and 2 months at the time the Mavs would be able to make him an offer.

Can't imagine why Indiana would let him get away. Turner was a comp often used for Jaren Jackson Jr & at just 22 yrs old right now, still has plenty of room to grow. He looked great in one game & pedestrian the next in his first round series with the Cavs this year.

That said, I much prefer that route than going with a guy like DeAndre Jordan, who besides being a lying P.O.S. turns 30 yrs old in 3 weeks or Boogie Cousins who turns 28 years old in 6 weeks (and won't be 100% healthy when he does).
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:20 AM   #523
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I love Myles Turner. But we are on some serious drugs if anyone thinks he's not getting matched lmao.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:48 AM   #524
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Barnes was 38% from 3 after they moved him to the 3 the last 19 or so games he played. Also was a 21ppg scorer. I'm fine with Barnes, he helps DSJ and Doncic not have too much to carry at 20 and 19yrs old. I was fine with trading him if it led to us getting us a top 7 pick or so by taking back salary as well in this last loaded draft. The real question will be how much he wants when he is a free agent in 2 years. But as of now we need a 20 ppg guy who will take pressure off the kids who need to develop. We don't want Doncic and DSJ to feel they have to shoulder more than what they already are going to be. He also is a champion and carries himself very well on and off the court.

So if Matthews is finally back to a 38% 3pt shooter(like he was last year) and Barnes is going to be a 38% 3pt shooter now that he's back to playing his more comfortable 3 position then they are great for Doncic and DSJ when they break a defense down. They are both good defenders as well, not elite but they help them on that end as well. And we aren't married to either of them beyond this year(wes) and next year(po Barnes). Marcus Smart on the other hand would require 15m+ for 3-4 years, at least according to how he values himself, and provide literally nothing for them on offense.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 06-27-2018 at 04:49 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:53 AM   #525
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I would prefer exploring a trade with the Magic for Bismack Biyombo over any of our other center options other than Capela. Bismack is as realizable as Jordan when it comes to staying healthy, but he’s also far younger and still has some upside. He’d be on the books for two years at $17 million a piece, so maybe we could get the Magic to give us a second round pick or two for taking on his salary.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:59 AM   #526
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I would prefer exploring a trade with the Magic for Bismack Biyombo over any of our other center options other than Capela. Bismack is as realizable as Jordan when it comes to staying healthy, but he’s also far younger and still has some upside. He’d be on the books for two years at $17 million a piece, so maybe we could get the Magic to give us a second round pick or two for taking on his salary.
34 million for 3 centers, AG due about 25 million for a max deal....and a major, major need at the PG spot....so help them out by taking 17 million off their hands....definitely worth a 2nd...or 2 of them.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:04 AM   #527
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_Ball View Post
SO THIS. I'm honestly shocked at the support DeAndre Jordan's possible signing has had among so many posters. I know most are thinking of what's best for the team now & still don't personally care for DeAndre Jordan.

The way I see it & you'll pardon my French, but that mother trucker can go lock himself in his basement & choke to death on Raising Cane's for all I give a flying F.

Edit: Not only that. I'll lose some respect for the Mavs. It'd be like having a buddy who breaks up with his girlfriend or wife because she cheats on him, but then goes crawling back on his hands & knees for her to take him back. Hell no. Once a cheating P.O.S. always a cheating P.O.S. and DeAndre Jordan is a lying P.O.S. & always will be.

You’ll feel different when his rebounds are leading to exciting fast breaks for Doncic and Dennis.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:19 AM   #528
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ons-every-team
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:15 AM   #529
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not wasting 17m during TWO FA periods for freaking BB
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:22 AM   #530
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_Ball View Post

For context this is what I said, "I wanna tell Daj to fuck off period! I might let him apologize and then offer him a deal because on the court he would be the best fit of all followed closely by Capella."

I understand people not letting it go, everyone has a right to feel whatever for as long as they want. For me personally, I can move on if he were to come here and is a good person and busts his ass on the floor. It might take some time to be a fan, but I understand that he is probably the best fit of the available. He suffered quite a bit for his decision last year when he was abandoned and now he knows the closest thing to loyalty he has ever been is if Dirk was nice enough to be in a room with him during our previous meetings.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:51 AM   #531
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It would be fascinating to say the least if DAJ came here because he would almost undoubtedly start over Dirk. Talk about controversial.

Nobody wants DAJ other than his perfect fit here. Winning trumps all and he would catapult the Mavs to playoff contention. They DESPERATELY need his rebounding. Can't just be some ok rebounder there. They HAVE to have a center that sucks them down in Rick's system.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:59 AM   #532
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hate the player

Also hate being dead last (30th) in rebound percentage. We were literally the worst team in the league at pulling down rebounds last year and have been in the bottom 5 for a couple of years.

Jordan was the single best rebounder both per minute and per available rebound in the NBA.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-27-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #533
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

I would rather have Capela but it would be a very long shot at best to acquire him. The next best option (that is available) is Deandre. With Dennis and Doncic this is going to be a fast break team. You can’t fast break if you can get rebounds and DJ is the best rebounder in the NBA. I agree that winning trumps all.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:45 AM   #534
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Not wasting 17m during TWO FA periods for freaking BB
Bismack BiyomNO
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #535
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

What about a no defense one knee Jabari Parker? Doubtful Milwaukee will match anything above 18 million per, they offered him 3-54 about a year ago....so 3-4 years should cinch the deal....
Old 06-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #536
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Second rounders have no contract obligations. We can put him (as well as Kosta and Spalding) in Europe, ignore them, or sign them to minimum contracts which won’t impact the cap. Lots of moving pieces, but cap space really isn't an issue. We may just have to go to or above the cap before we sign any of our second rounders.

The only real issue with Brunson is room on the roster and I think they’ll make room for him on the 12 man roster. May walk away from Collinsworth and trade Barea or Yogi.
Yep. That's why they drafted him. He probably is an upgrade currently for either. I like JJB and Yogi, but you have to make decisions like this to get better.

The broader question, discussed elsewhere, is whether picking Brunson over bigger positions of need was worth it. Time will tell.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:26 PM   #537
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Yep. That's why they drafted him. He probably is an upgrade currently for either. I like JJB and Yogi, but you have to make decisions like this to get better.

The broader question, discussed elsewhere, is whether picking Brunson over bigger positions of need was worth it. Time will tell.
His minimum would be around 900k and wouldn't count against the cap, but a couple of people on Twitter are saying that we're trying to be generous and offering him something like a first-rounder salary of between 1.5m to 3.0m for his first year. That WOULD count against the cap as all non-minimum deals do.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:30 PM   #538
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hate the player

Also hate being dead last (30th) in rebound percentage. We were literally the worst team in the league at pulling down rebounds last year and have been in the bottom 5 for a couple of years.

Jordan was the single best rebounder both per minute and per available rebound in the NBA.
Again, i dont want success at any price.

Trading Barnes for Harden? Fuck no, i couldnt enjoy my team anymore.

Same with Jordan. I MAY consider it if he agrees to apologize in the public about his behaviour. If he isnt willing to do it or think its not necessary, then again: he can fuck off.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-27-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #539
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

In quick turnaround, Mavs withdraw their QO to Mcdermott. They have interest in retaining him, but this makes it easier to clear his 10m cap hold. Also makes him UFA.

From lowe twitter

Hi Cousins or DAJ...
Old 06-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #540
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

No matter what we will be able to clear a ton of cap space in 2019.

I think a S&T deal of Yogi Ferrell (3 yrs, 20 million) for Bismack & 2 2nd round picks makes a lot of sense. Mavs address a need and take on a bad contract to get picks. Magic get a competent point guard which they desperately need. Yogi gets paid.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:24 PM   #541
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No matter what we will be able to clear a ton of cap space in 2019.

I think a S&T deal of Yogi Ferrell (3 yrs, 20 million) for Bismack & 2 2nd round picks makes a lot of sense. Mavs address a need and take on a bad contract to get picks. Magic get a competent point guard which they desperately need. Yogi gets paid.
Biyombo is trash for the contract he got. Did you see him play last season.

EDIT: the need would not be addressed.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-27-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:25 PM   #542
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
What about a no defense one knee Jabari Parker? Doubtful Milwaukee will match anything above 18 million per, they offered him 3-54 about a year ago....so 3-4 years should cinch the deal....
Yea especially if we got Daj. He would probably stay in place of Powell at the 4.
Dsj/ seth jj brunson
Doncic/ wes
Barnes dfs buckets
Powell/parker dirk
Daj. / Motley
Looks significantly improved.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:28 PM   #543
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
In quick turnaround, Mavs withdraw their QO to Mcdermott. They have interest in retaining him, but this makes it easier to clear his 10m cap hold. Also makes him UFA.

From lowe twitter

Hi Cousins or DAJ...

Yeah thats smart because after blewing their cap, they still can offer McDermott the exception of 4.7m. And i dont think he is worth more than that right now.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #544
Melonhead
Guru

DSJ, Barea, Brunson
Wes, Doncic,
Barnes, Doncic,
Dirk, Powell
DAJ, Dirk, Motley

Man I dont want to see Dirk coming off the bench.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #545
sefant77
Guru

DAJ cant defend at the perimeter for Dirk...

Last edited by sefant77; 06-27-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:49 PM   #546
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Yeah thats smart because after blewing their cap, they still can offer McDermott the exception of 4.7m. And i dont think he is worth more than that right now.
Agreed, he isn't worth 10 million, but 4.7 sure.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #547
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Agreed, he isn't worth 10 million, but 4.7 sure.
4.7 sounds about right
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:08 PM   #548
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

From lowe twitter

Hi Cousins or DAJ...
Please be DAJ and not Boogie. No more achilles injuries
Old 06-27-2018, 02:15 PM   #549
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
DSJ, Barea, Brunson
Wes, Doncic,
Barnes, Doncic,
Dirk, Powell
DAJ, Dirk, Motley

Pretty confident Dirk will be starting (and playing 20-25mpg) whatever happens.

I think Doncic starts over Wes as well. That sets up a nice second unit that can score.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:17 PM   #550
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
His minimum would be around 900k and wouldn't count against the cap, but a couple of people on Twitter are saying that we're trying to be generous and offering him something like a first-rounder salary of between 1.5m to 3.0m for his first year. That WOULD count against the cap as all non-minimum deals do.
So as to get him signed to a longer term deal, 3 or 4 years?
Old 06-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #551
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Is Cuban the only owner in the league who now seems to have a habit of paying people more than he should? Isn't this intentionally spilling powder on the ground? :-( It's not our fault he got drafted 'late'. A few hundred k extra probably isn't important, but $2M is. Frankly, its dumb. (and I believe, in general, in keeping your workers happy. But Brunson was just earning...$0. $900k is a huge raise.)

Last edited by BigDog63; 06-27-2018 at 07:25 PM.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #552
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
DSJ, Barea, Brunson
Wes, Doncic,
Barnes, Doncic,
Dirk, Powell
DAJ, Dirk, Motley

Lol but you want Wes starting over our top pick? Not happening. Per me... and per carlisle

Old 06-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #553
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Well if I put my tin foil hat on for just a moment... the mcbuckets thing is a little interesting because of the timing. It's either because of something that has changed, like the clippers trade for Gortat... or the fact that it's so close to the start of FA. And the only reason to do this imo is to make it easier to pursue a RFA. So imo this is either a move for Capela or Jordan.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #554
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's just because it's close to FA. DAJ to Dallas is anything but a sure thing. Mavs are going to be aggressive signing someone though.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:14 PM   #555
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Well i didn't mean a sure thing I ment more like our priority target shifted/was decided. My bad.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:34 PM   #556
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Well if I put my tin foil hat on for just a moment... the mcbuckets thing is a little interesting because of the timing. It's either because of something that has changed, like the clippers trade for Gortat... or the fact that it's so close to the start of FA. And the only reason to do this imo is to make it easier to pursue a RFA. So imo this is either a move for Capela or Jordan.
Maybe they wanted to save the exception for Dirk but Dirk told him he is fine with taking the vet min if everything works out and that they can let the exception for re-signing Doug

Last edited by sefant77; 06-27-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #557
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Lol but you want Wes starting over our top pick? Not happening. Per me... and per carlisle
I dont want anything. But Carlisle isnt sitting a player making Wes money I promise you that. Other bodies may need to be moved around.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-27-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #558
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Is Cuban the only owner in the league who now seems to have a habit of paying people more than he should? Isn't this intentionally spilling powder on the ground? :-( It's not our fault he got drafted 'late'. A few hundred k extra probably isn't important, but $2M is. Frankly, its dumb. (and I believe, in general, in keeping your workers happy. But Brunson was just earning...$0. $900k is a huge raise.)
He IS in that habit and my smart $ is on us about overpay again (Jordan for 25m per when the market say 18 may be an overpay).

I think in the case of Brunson though the extra $ can be used as leverage if they expect him to outplay his contract. They give him more $, he signs for 3 years and we keep him under our control for presumably longer. Both parties win.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #559
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Doncic is going to start, or something went horribly wrong in camp and he looks terrible. Super unlikely.

If you wouldn't trade Barnes for Harden, you're fooling yourself.

And I'm 100% behind signing DAJ because I don't hold grudges nor care what happened 3 years ago. I'd actually thank him for now having DSJ and Doncic, and playing the long con by signing with us.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #560
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
If you wouldn't trade Barnes for Harden, you're fooling yourself.
I didnt say they wouldnt do this trade. I said if i have the choice as fan i dont make the trade because i couldnt enjoy the success of my team anymore.