Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-05-2003, 12:50 AM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Poll: Should Tony Delk start any more games this year?

I say no. If we need quickness, then start Howard. If we need scoring then start Jamison. Delk is a black hole without a shooting touch. He's too damn small and leads to small ball. He forces Fin to the 3, which I truely believe is a major reason his game is suffering. Delk should have his ass on the bench to start the game and for most of the game itself. Howard should move ahead of Delk in the rotation.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:57 AM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poll: Should Tony Delk start any more games this year?

I voted hell no !!

Finley should not ever have to play sf unless we have injuries. We have players that fill that role now.

If Nelson is so hell bent on bringing Jamison up off the bench, then Howard needs to be starting over Delk.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:05 AM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Poll: Should Tony Delk start any more games this year?

Doesn't really matter to me. He may start the game but he won't end up with more minutes then Jamison and its looking like Howard also. He surely wasn't the reason we started off slow tonight. He is a good shooter and defender. It's not hurting us for us to start him. I don't agree with it but it surely hasn't lost us games this year.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:06 AM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I voted hell no !!

Finley should not ever have to play sf unless we have injuries. We have players that fill that role now.

If Nelson is so hell bent on bringing Jamison up off the bench, then Howard needs to be starting over Delk.
I would go so far as to say Fin shouldn't play SF unless we have injuries and only have 8 or 9 guys available to play including bring someone off the IR.

Nellie has a hardon for playing Small Ball. For some dumbass reason he thinks it some genius of an idea. This team is talented enough to win a lot of game despite that stoopid tactic. But we'd win a lot more if Nellie would pull his head out of his ass and file that tactic in the round container by his desk. We should but our best players on the floor as often as we can. And a player isn't better than another just because he's short and shoots like shit.

Old 12-05-2003, 01:10 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Doesn't really matter to me. He may start the game but he won't end up with more minutes then Jamison and its looking like Howard also. He surely wasn't the reason we started off slow tonight. He is a good shooter and defender. It's not hurting us for us to start him. I don't agree with it but it surely hasn't lost us games this year.

I bet you anything that if we had started Howard or Jamison instead of Delk that we'd have had a much better start. He's a good defender for being a midget. But Howard is better. And in case you didn't notice Fin had a horrible game. Starting him off out of position sure didn't help. We got down real quick and didn't get any momentum until Delk's sorry ass went out of the game. Don't get me wrong, Tony's fine to come off the bench against other teams 2nd tear players. He will get us burned going consistantly against the top tier players in the NBA, especially the Lakers. No starting Delk put us in a big hole and put us behind the eight ball to begin the game. We never got out.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:16 AM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs

I bet you anything that if we had started Howard or Jamison instead of Delk that we'd have had a much better start. He's a good defender for being a midget. But Howard is better. And in case you didn't notice Fin had a horrible game. Starting him off out of position sure didn't help. We got down real quick and didn't get any momentum until Delk's sorry ass went out of the game. Don't get me wrong, Tony's fine to come off the bench against other teams 2nd tear players. He will get us burned going consistantly against the top tier players in the NBA, especially the Lakers. No starting Delk put us in a big hole and put us behind the eight ball to begin the game. We never got out.

I know exactly what Nellie's attentions on starting Delk this game were. Or atleast I think I do. He had in his mind that they could keep up with the Lakers in points and then put in Bradley and Howard to kind of runaway with the lead. This would've worked if we would've atleast been down in single digits. This team was once down by 4 and just couldn't get it done tonight. They should be ashamed. There were more than 5 times they could've caught back up this game and didn't take advantage. Delk didn't play more minutes then Jamison nor Howard tonight. I just don't have a problem with starting a guy who won't see many minutes a night anyway unless he is lucky. Him starting is not losing the Mavs games. It's the Mavs who need to get their head on straight. I know we were without Dirk but we were missing layups consistently and open jumpers. This isn't Mav like until we face the Lakers. Every year this occurs.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:32 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Every year this occurs.
Every year Nellie trys to rely on some piece of trickery to get the Mavs by. Nellie flat out believes that the Mavs can't beat the Lakers except by some trikery. Well he's wrong. If we would have started our best and scrappiest team we wouldn't have been down so far. All night long we exhausted ourselves trying to dig out of that initial hole.

With Dirk out, we needed Fin to have a great start. Fin had actually been doing better as of late. So Nellie, Stoopid Genius that he is, decides to start Fin out of position. Well once you're off its hard to get on. Nellie helped insure Fin didn't get off to start. Also with the potato as the starting center we're already really small. Nash Matches up on Payton is a bad disadvantage. We needed more size anywhere we could get it. So what does F#cking stupdid Nellie do? He starts a 6'2" midget instead of a 6'7" guy with super long arms or a 6'9" guy.

Personally I'd have started Jamison. At least we would have had a size advantage at 1 out of 5 positions. But know, Nellie wanted to make sure that LA had the advantage or was at least even at all 5 positions. This is dumb, dumb, dumb. With teams like the Fakers we can't afford to have slow starts. They're too good for us to play grab ass to start the game and believe that we can just come back at will. But Nellie believes in trickery instead of hard nosed play. What I would have given to have a real coach tonight. Give me a Jerry Sload and I guarrandamntee you this Faker domination in LA and of winning the season series would end or quite a few players would have their asses in a sling. Most likely both.

What we need is the basketball version of the Tuna. We need a coach with balls and plan that players believe in.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:55 AM   #8
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Just start Antawn and we're gonna be getting our wins... Nellie has to realize he's better than Bradley or whoever
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 08:49 AM   #9
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I voted hell no !!

As long as Nellie plays Finley at SF then Jamison and Walker are luxuries we cannot afford. Trade both of them instead of wasting their talents.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 08:57 AM   #10
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Howard should start more if Nellie won't start Jamison. Otherwise, Jamison should start.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:01 AM   #11
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: uberfan
Quote:
I voted hell no !!

As long as Nellie plays Finley at SF then Jamison and Walker are luxuries we cannot afford. Trade both of them instead of wasting their talents.
How about we trade nellie's fat ass instead?
Old 12-05-2003, 11:40 AM   #12
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: uberfan
Quote:
I voted hell no !!

How about we trade nellie's fat ass instead?
People usually don't trade old for young, and since all players in the association are younger than nellie, we couldn't get much for him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Plus he has a bad contract.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:38 PM   #13
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road

i think nellie is just plain dumb rite now. jamison is a natural starter and that would get us off to a very good start. in case your wondering, jamison is known to diseappear alot during the late quarters. wasnt delk a bench player at boston??? if he was than him and jamison need to switch spots if this team wants to go further. we are wasting good young talent in jamison by keeping him on the becnh.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote