Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2023, 11:07 AM   #29
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Portland would be so willing. They know they blew it with the salary. 5/160 is nuts for a B/C-list player and they would like to get rid of it so bad that I half wonder if they'd do THJ+Kleber or THJ+Green+Powell for just the salary dump.

Then again, he has that awful 5/160 contract for a guy who is a fairly mediocre rebounder and defender. Sure, he can put up 22ppg on decent shooting, but 3.8rpg is amongst the worst in the entire NBA from a frontcourt spot.He is a lot like Wood with higher BBIQ and we all know how Wood worked out-- not imagine having him on a 5/160 contract.

My vote would be to target defense/rebounding-- in that way, DFS is kind of perfect as a junk yard dog who can rebound. He doesn't need the ball, but he shoot the three when open. When not shooting, he hustles, rebounds, and defends.
I'm only for a DFS reunion if no 1st rounder is involved. He's not worth that.

Kuzma would likely require a 1st be included. Still wish the Hawks would be interested in trading Capela. Think he would crush it here.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote