Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #481
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not losing faith. Get out of this one, get a guy on, and get him in.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #482
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
With effin' Mendoza on the mound. I'm going to the game tomorrow night. The Rangers haven't won a game I've gone to since July of 2005.
Man, I'd forgotten Mendoza was going tomorrow.

So...do they just sacrifice him to the bullpen gods. Tell him he's throwing 100 pitches no matter what? I honestly have no idea what's going to happen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #483
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If MaxRam jacks one here I'm running outside in my current attire (not much) and screaming like a girl.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #484
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Holy crap.....wtf is going on here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #485
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Wash has a lot of time to think of all his pitching woes in the club house...
Old 07-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #486
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I can not believe they had Kinsler bunt there.....that's just dumb.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #487
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That bunt just sucked the life out of me.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #488
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Who manages when Washington isn't there?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #489
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Art Howe is managing.

Vazquez is flat out hoping to walk I think.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #490
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Unbelievable. That was such a scared at bat.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #491
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

*Sigh*

Goodnight.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #492
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

How do I type the sound of air escaping from a tire?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #493
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Bummer.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #494
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Biggest mistake was taking the bat out of the hands of the best hitter in baseball right now.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #495
chumdawg
Guru

I am saddened by this outcome. Damnit, two on with no outs!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #496
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Despite the loss (and that's hard to say), last night's game has me flat-out giddy about the future. Davis, Boggs, and Ramirez as the bottom third - for one night at least - was outstanding.

I thought last night was Chris Davis' most impressive game of the year. He didn't hit any HR's (close), but his hitting looked 10 yr veteran'ish. He was spraying the ball all over and going with the pitches he was dealt. I most definitely do not think he's a flash in the pan.

Max Ramirez had the HR which was HUGE, but his ability to block the plate is unbelievable. It doesn't take long to fall in love with a hard nosed guy like him. It's almost like he enjoys getting steamrolled. I think the comparison to Edgar Martinez is pretty good on his hitting. Their swings look similar to me.

Boggs - Is he returning to his form from the initial month he was in the bigs? Sure looked like it last night. I appreciate his patience at the plate. He showed a good eye last night. Very Milton Bradley'esque way of not hurting himself swinging at bad pitches. And that throwout of Hunter at the plate was fantastic.

FELDMAN - What the hell, man? I lost count...but did he allow three total runs to score off of walks and HBP? Might have just been 2, but that cost us this game. His control was horrendous. It looked like he was making his MLB debut and was nervous or something.

CJ Wilson - I'm beginning to hate him. And that's disregarding his pitching. His whole "act" gets on my nerves. The forced, Wally Sczerbiack style intensity makes me want to vomit. And hey, could you maybe not try makinga fashion statement with your cute little necklace while you "pitch?" One last thing...hurry up. Jesus. 30 seconds between each pitch? No wonder you never find a rhythm.

Frank Francisco would be my closer.

Vazquez, on that last at bat, was scared. He was most definitely up there to walk. He never took his bat off his shoulders.

The Angels are lucky. I concede that the Rangers were fortunate to win 2 games this series given injuries to their rotation. But I've never seen a 4 game series that involved THAT many screaming line drives hit directly at the 1st or 2nd baseman. Just redicilous. Kotchman did a great job at 1B this series and all that...but they were very fortunate we hit that many shots right at someone. Then the damn Angels get up there and drive in 2 runs with bloopers, bleeders, and balls.

Chone Figgins - What a little bitch. Dude threw a fit when he got "hit." I wish we'd have hittem him on purpose his next at bat.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #497
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

All signs point to Davis and Ramirez going back down when Blalock and Laird get back. I have to admit, that would take a LOT of the wind out of my "it's not about this season" sails. If you're going to send those two guys back down (especially Davis, who has proved everything needed in the minors) then the guys you replace them with had better help you make a real and legit run at the AL West.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #498
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
All signs point to Davis and Ramirez going back down when Blalock and Laird get back. I have to admit, that would take a LOT of the wind out of my "it's not about this season" sails. If you're going to send those two guys back down (especially Davis, who has proved everything needed in the minors) then the guys you replace them with had better help you make a real and legit run at the AL West.
I don't think Davis goes down. I actually have a feeling Laird will be traded. To me he's had his shot at being the everyday catcher. And he is what he is, a great fielding catcher with an average bat. If I'm running the rangers, I'd probably shop these guys:

Millwood - Doubt the return on trading him would get us a great prospect, better off keeping him
Padilla - If he comes back after the ASB and has a few good starts I bet JD could get a contention team to throw some +plus prospects our way, which I think is a move that should be made
Laird - Definitely don't think he's in the team's plans. if HE is, Salty isn't. Just my gut feeling. Boston would seem to be a great spot for him if we could pry some young pitching off their hands.
Vazquez - I love what he's given us, but he's replaceable. His value is not likely to get any higher than it is. Find a contention team that needs some infield help and an extra bat.
Bradley - Don't want to lose him at all. But are they going to shell out the big bucks to sign him in the offseason? I guess we'd get draft picks if he walked...Just wouldn't rule out Milton being dealt.
Cat - He's pretty much irrelevant at this point.

Definitely not saying we SHOULD trade any of these guys, one way or the other. Just wouldn't be surprised if any of those guys were traded. The DMN had an article yesterday about the rangers needing to sell this year and continue stockpiling prospects. I'm entirely in favor of that. I think the young guys in the organization are that good already and losing some veterans wouldn't hurt us for too long.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #499
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i don't think Blalock will ever be "back"...he's done, it seems.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #500
bao_down1

bao_down1 is on a distinguished road

yes..

DIRK "guiding teams to championships"

-Thats what i do..
bao_down1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #501
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Luis Mendoza is really, really bailing out the bullpen tonight. We really needed a good outing from him.

And the offense roughed up a pretty darn good pitcher.

And you may never see a better throw from left field than the one Boggs threw tonight.

Oh, and of course Chris Davis rules, should NOT be sent down when Blalock gets back, and that kid made a great catch on the hill.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #502
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I really, really don't understand not sending Mendoza back out here. He's only thrown 79 pitches and the bullpen is tanked. Doesn't make a bit of sense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #503
chumdawg
Guru

Good guys win, 7-2.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #504
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Oh, and of course Chris Davis rules, should NOT be sent down when Blalock gets back, and that kid made a great catch on the hill.
All indications from Wash (every time Norm has asked him) is that Blalock will play 1st base no matter what.

I think old Mr Washington must have an evil plot to bash one of his knees in with a bat once he gets healthy.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #505
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

los Angeles are getting the crap kicked out of them right now.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #506
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
All indications from Wash (every time Norm has asked him) is that Blalock will play 1st base no matter what.

I think old Mr Washington must have an evil plot to bash one of his knees in with a bat once he gets healthy.
The papers are still acting like it's a foregone conclusion that Davis goes back down when Blalock comes back. Big mistake if that happens.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #507
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

rangers beat the white sox
and angels losing to the a's

good night so far

updated:
and angels lost to the a's

great night =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 07-12-2008 at 12:03 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #508
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Chris Davis leaving this team to go back down would be a detriment to the team. He's one of our better offensive players right NOW. He's looked more impressive than Hank Blalock has looked in years. AND he's got some experience playing f'ing 1st base. I like Washington, but it seems as if he's just trying to throw a veteran a bone when he hasn't deserved one for years.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:00 AM   #509
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of Avery and Stackhouse.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #510
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

nice game thus far tonight...Bradley and Hambone providing the runs yet again..

2-1 Rangers in the 4th

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #511
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So is Millwood just pretty much done trying or what?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:52 AM   #512
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Millwood sucks.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #513
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again CJ... ARRRGGHHHH!

Thank God he has a 4 run lead, though it still might not be enough!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 07-13-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #514
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

*sigh*

I'm ready for CJ to settle back down again and start pitching to his abilities. I'm a supporter, and overall he's getting good results, but his outings lately have just been a complete beating.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #515
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

C.J. Wilson is whipping my ayce!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #516
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Thank God. Good grief.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #517
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I am so glad our closer is a shut down closer. Talk about a beast... If he needs to keep from giving up 13, he will give up 12... If you have a 7 run lead, he will give up 6...

BDB Wilson RULES!!!

Where is that GD jack-off emoticon when you need it?
Old 07-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #518
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

At the end of the day though, we just took 2 of 3 from another very good team.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #519
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I freaking hate CJ Wilson.

I thought that game was never going to end.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #520
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I'm ready for Frank Fran to take over the closer job.