Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #801
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

That was a real kick in the crotch.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #802
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

According to the talking voices come out of this box by my desk, in the last 50 years no AL team has scored 17 runs and lost.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #803
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
According to the talking voices come out of this box by my desk, in the last 50 years no AL team has scored 17 runs and lost.
No one is 50 years has had a pitching staff that sucks this bad. Disgrace.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #804
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
That was a real kick in the crotch.

This is just funny!~

But yeah, FRANSISCO is a HUGE scissor kick to the crotch. UGHH, I got sick when he trotted out there and then when IT happened I nearly lost my dinner. Why not leave JWRight in for another inning? Jeez. Fransisco needs to have "the bone spur" like CJ did and friggen disappear for the rest of the season!! That made me sooo mad, our offense is stellar tho, I hope we keep em all together.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #805
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Francisco has been just about the best pitcher they've had this year other than Guardado...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #806
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Francisco has been just about the best pitcher they've had this year other than Guardado...
He makes poor decisions, which is why every outing he gives up at least 1 home run. Did you see that meatball he gave up? The bases aren't loaded. The game is tied. You can pitch around Youkilis. But no. He throws a fastball right down the middle of the plate. Then he has that big fat face of indifference that makes me wanna punch him on the chin.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #807
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...it's hard to give up a home run every outing and have an ERA under 9.00.... must be a ton of unearned runs.

You're not worth talking to. You have no clue as to what you're talking about. Go whack off in some other forum.

Last edited by Murphy3; 08-13-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #808
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Wow...it's hard to give up a home run every outing and have an ERA under 9.00.... must be a ton of unearned runs.

You're not worth talking to. You have no clue as to what you're talking about. Go whack off in some other forum.
Oh forgive me for every doubting meatball-Francisco! You're so right! He never gives up home runs. This was an isolated incident!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #809
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

7 home runs allowed in 49 innings pitched. Franky Frank has, as Murph said, been one of our most reliable pitchers all season.

Stop making yourself look silly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #810
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Francisco was merely OK earlier this season, but he has been really stinking it up(2-4). To say that he has been one of our best pitchers is NOT saying much at all, our whole pitching staff with exception of a cpl, bascially has been horrid! He has failed in some crucial situations so numbers aren't everything.

I don't want him on the mound anymore this season. I would have let Jamey Wright roll on last night. That was a mistake IMO, you cant do that to your offense that has overcome amazing odds.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #811
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

is this the worst ranger pitching staff ever assembled? and francisco sucks but then again so does everyone else in the bullpen and the whole starting rotation
Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #812
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
Francisco was merely OK earlier this season, but he has been really stinking it up(2-4). To say that he has been one of our best pitchers is NOT saying much at all, our whole pitching staff with exception of a cpl, bascially has been horrid! He has failed in some crucial situations so numbers aren't everything.

I don't want him on the mound anymore this season. I would have let Jamey Wright roll on last night. That was a mistake IMO, you cant do that to your offense that has overcome amazing odds.
Franky has flat out been a better pitcher than Wright this season. Discounting numbers in baseball is stupid.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-13-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #813
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

only thing that really sucked is that it was franky frank. when he came in i thought we had it wrapped up. I feel alright when he's in. But, it was just one of those nights.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #814
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
7 home runs allowed in 49 innings pitched. Franky Frank has, as Murph said, been one of our most reliable pitchers all season.

Stop making yourself look silly.
One thing I like (hate) about these forums. Everyone finds one thing in your post, attacks it and ignores everything else. Of course I was exaggerating. Do you really think I believe he gives up a home run every night? No. But Frank never looks reliable out there. He is as shaky as Ceej at times.

Frank has one job: to get 3 outs. 7 home runs may not sound a lot, but he nearly gave up 2 others in that same inning. I mean two shots in that same inning would have been home runs in any other park (one was a fly out at the long tracks in right field and the other hit off the giant left field wall). And amidst of the greatest comeback in MLB history, he gives up 4 runs in one inning. He isn't clutch. Another example, he almost cost us the first game of the Yankee series in Arlington with that solo shot. He isn't reliable. In fact, here's my list:

Reliable:
Guardado
Padilla

Not reliable:
The rest...
Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #815
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

So you quoted two appearances and concluded he isn't clutch or reliable. Ok.

Franky hasn't been perfect this season, but other than Guardado he's been our best releiver. He has an ERA under four and averages over a strikeout an inning.

Whining about Frankie and comparing him to CJ this season is just silly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 08-13-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #816
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
So you quoted two appearances and concluded he isn't clutch or reliable. Ok.

Franky hasn't been perfect this season, but other than Guardado he's been our best releiver. He has an ERA under four and averages over a strikeout an inning.

Whining about Frankie and comparing him to CJ this season is just silly.
He pitches for 1 inning! Having an ERA under 4 doesn't confort me when I see him heading to the mound.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #817
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
He pitches for 1 inning! Having an ERA under 4 doesn't confort me when I see him heading to the mound.
Pitching for one inning makes it harder to keep an ERA in line. If he gives up one run in that one inning he pitches in, it drastically effects his ERA.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #818
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Franky has flat out been a better pitcher than Wright this season. Discounting numbers in baseball is stupid.

No he hasn't........defending FRANKY is STUPID!!!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #819
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Nevermind it's just not worth it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 08-14-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #820
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

There's a lot of that going around today...
Old 08-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #821
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Meh. I'm of the opinion that most chemistry is created by winning. If this team kicks off a 10 game losing streak tonight, you won't be seeing any stories about everyone pulling in the same direction and picking each other up.

I like Evan Grant but he's been overly critical of CJ in the past.

Obviously the organization shares his view to an extent, but to say Wilson's ball flip was THE story of last night is ridiculous.
I'm going to take this opportunity to pat myself on the back. The Rangers are most definitely out of any races now, and Marlon Byrd comes out today and calls out the pitching staff. That's not "pulling in the same direction", and it's a lot more detrimental to the clubhouse than a ball flip. But I doubt you'll see Evan writing a big story about it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #822
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No he hasn't........defending FRANKY is STUPID!!!!!
good lord you are worthless.

Our pitchers who have been fairly decent this year eddie, ff, rupe, feldman and padilla. Everyone else has been terrible. BTW bmac should be up soon and it seems like nolan has gotten his mechanics back to what they were in chicago that made him a great prospect in the first place.

Love derek holland. Check out todays newberg report if you dont know what im talking about.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #823
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

also i see no reason to continue running mendoza out there as a starter. he has 1 pitch. its above average but its not a plus plus pitch and might not even be a plus pitch. That guy is never going to be a big league starter.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #824
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan

Our pitchers who have been fairly decent this year eddie, ff, rupe, feldman and padilla. Everyone else has been terrible. BTW bmac should be up soon and it seems like nolan has gotten his mechanics back to what they were in chicago that made him a great prospect in the first place.

Love derek holland. Check out todays newberg report if you dont know what im talking about.
Indeedily. I love how easily he's able to go long innings - lots of 7 and 8s put up on the board this year. I'd like to see him struggle a bit more by working on his slider and change, though. He's proven his fastball is a plus-plus pitch.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #825
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
Indeedily. I love how easily he's able to go long innings - lots of 7 and 8s put up on the board this year. I'd like to see him struggle a bit more by working on his slider and change, though. He's proven his fastball is a plus-plus pitch.
His slider and change both flash as plus pitches though he doesnt use them as much as some would like. Still i cant remember a starting pitcher prospect with as much upside as him in the rangers system(that includes danks) and hes not even our best pitching prospect right now. also not withstanding last nights start, blake beaven has been absolutely dominant this year without his good fastball(it should come back once he gets used to his new mechanics)
Old 08-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #826
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

damn rangers....
Old 08-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #827
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan

WOW, you watch any games... EVER? Our pitchers have been fairly decent? OK! Wake up homer, I love the Rangers too but can you be realistic? At least a lil bit? Our pitching has been the difference in us being a strong playoff team and waiting on pitching this offesason so we can try again next year, with a better pitching staff!

Our offense leads the league, meanwhile our pitching is DFL. Dead Fing Last. NOT fairly decent midpack or lower mid pack, but DFL.

Eddie has been more than fairly decent along with Padilla, but the majority of the pitching staff is thin glass. If/When things go wrong they shatter all over the mound, fail, horrible catastrophy, lose.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #828
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'll take reading comprehension for 400 Alex.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #829
Caseman
Golden Member

SMC0007, you might wanna glance once over at that post you quoted.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #830
SMC0007
Guru

Well the first sentence of the quote wasn't even complete and....N/M.
Look, to me defending anyone besides Eddie and maybe Padilla while saying "your worthless" qualifies for the last post. If I miss something then sorry, but when your throwing guys in the fire from our pitching staff lets include FF for sure!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #831
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Look, to me defending anyone besides Eddie and maybe Padilla while saying "your worthless" qualifies for the last post. If I miss something then sorry, but when your throwing guys in the fire from our pitching staff lets include FF for sure!
No you wouldn't because FF has been a good pitcher this season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #832
SMC0007
Guru

Well yeah, Compared to CJ Wilson and Tommy Hunter.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #833
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

The Rangers appears to be dangerously close to not getting Smoak signed. Consider me highly concerned.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #834
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Can we just throw you in the fire and call it a day?
Old 08-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #835
SMC0007
Guru

PFft. K
Old 08-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #836
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
WOW, you watch any games... EVER? Our pitchers have been fairly decent? OK! Wake up homer, I love the Rangers too but can you be realistic? At least a lil bit? Our pitching has been the difference in us being a strong playoff team and waiting on pitching this offesason so we can try again next year, with a better pitching staff!

Our offense leads the league, meanwhile our pitching is DFL. Dead Fing Last. NOT fairly decent midpack or lower mid pack, but DFL.

Eddie has been more than fairly decent along with Padilla, but the majority of the pitching staff is thin glass. If/When things go wrong they shatter all over the mound, fail, horrible catastrophy, lose.
ummm thats not what i said. Our pitching has been terrible. The pitchers i mentioned have been fairly decent.

and jthig we got smoak signed.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #837
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yup, very happy about that. Glad to see us hold out and not give the major league contract.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #838
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Rangers are pretty sure Kinsler has a sports hernia, which would mean he's done for the season.

Bleah. Quadruple bleah.

The one silver lining is that we'll get to see Arias, and see if he's really put himself back on the map as a legitimate prospect.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #839
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Holland tonight: 6 innings, 3 hits, 1 run, 1 walk, 7 Ks. Sexxxxxxy.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #840
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Beavan had a pretty nice night as well, and someone said he was hitting 93 tonight. Good sign.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game