Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-27-2005, 01:55 AM   #41
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Who is that Athletic 4/5?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Turint
Finley is untradeable with his contract. He is at best a #6 or #7 coming off the bench who will be making Superstar $ the remainder of his contract - one of the dumbest contracts I have ever seen in my life.
I think Chris Webber has a worse contract than Finley... And to be perfectly frank, I like Finley's contract better than Nash's.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #42
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

not to mention Allen Houston, Juwon Howards and Vin Baker's old contracts.... Finley's isnt that bad considering the situation that he was signed under.

At teh time, the mavs needed to make some big signings so Cuban could show tht he was an owner that is willing to spend, and to secure a cornerstone of his franchise. The first star of a team always gets huge money... and Finely was Dallas's entire team for a few years.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #43
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Who is that Athletic 4/5?

Quote:
A nifty 3 way would be for Giracek/TAW to Portland, Bradley to Utah, Theo to dallas and Dallas's pick back to Dallas(Portland would not want it since they have 3 and 35 the top 6-8 picks in the 2nd round this year are going to get real decent players without gauranteed contracts). That sounds pretty good for all party's. Portland, cuts salary and gets an real outside threat since NVE/Stoudamire will probably be gone. Utah gets a backup big man who happens to be a favorite son and dump a wasted, for them, pick (remember they have 6, 27, 34 and 34 is going to be a good player with no guaranteed contract). Dallas replaces a shot blocking but zone only guy with a more mobile shot blocking defensive 4/5 and if we get our pick back a decent young player.
I kind of like this one. Wonder if all involved would go for it. It makes sense, except Utah has to give up Giracek. And a pick from them would be fine, no matter which pick it might be.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #44
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

What about a trade for Al Harrington?
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #45
Dalhoop

Dalhoop has a spectacular aura aboutDalhoop has a spectacular aura about

I think Finley is untradable for this next year and till the trade deadline of the following season. I could see a team picking him up at the trade dead line, biting the bullet the next year and have massive cap releif the following season. Having said that, he is tradable the closer the contract gets to the end. For a team that wants to land the "big fish" in FA (Lebron, Kobe, Yao and T-mac) Fins contract will be the key.

Why would we not want to keep that contract and go for the big score ourselves?
Dalhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #46
Dalhoop

Think about it. As constucted right now, the Mavs will contend for the next few years maybe win a title. Then Fins contract expires and we are able to pursue a big name to put beside a "in his prime" Dirk and company.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:22 PM   #47
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dalhoop
Think about it. As constucted right now, the Mavs will contend for the next few years maybe win a title. Then Fins contract expires and we are able to pursue a big name to put beside a "in his prime" Dirk and company.
Unless there are some really really big changes in the CBA that is not a possibility. We are at this moment the amount of Finley's entire remaining contract over the present cap. There will be no Big FA signing in Dallas for a long long time.

bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #48
Dalhoop

I think that I worded that wrong, sorry. With the contract their will be trading partners, who would not want almost 18 mil to come off the salary? As the cash has to be close to equil we would probibly get two or three players in exchange to add for a playoff push.