Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-01-2004, 04:22 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update on the Bradley PC-Smashing Incident

Mark Montieth: Pacers Q&A

Indianapolis Star sports reporter Mark Montieth answers your questions about the Pacers.

March 31, 2004

Question:

I saw the game against the Mavericks and saw that Shawn Bradley destroyed your computer. Were you able to retrieve your information off the hard drive? Who pays for the damages? (Dave from Inglewood, Calif.)

Answer:

I had the most famous laptop in America that night, didn't I? That was quite an experience, and a lot of people got a laugh out of it, including friends and relatives who were watching the game.

Fortunately, the Star's IT department was able to transfer the data from my hard drive to another machine. Bradley crushed my screen, but the rest of the computer wasn't damaged. That was huge. It would have been nearly tragic to lose all the files in my laptop. I had a new one late the next morning, and took it with me to Orlando for Friday's game.

A lot of people were suggesting we send Bradley or Mark Cuban a bill, but the Star's insurance coverage took care of a replacement. Otherwise, it would have been our misfortune. I don't believe we could have justified billing anybody for the loss of the computer. That's one of the risks you take when you sit courtside.

By the way, did you notice how quickly I got out of the way when Bradley headed my way? I've still got it, when properly motivated.

IndyStar Link
Old 04-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Update on the Bradley PC-Smashing Incident

I heard that Bradley asked for the shell of the computer as a trophy.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote