Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Conley is such a long shot. Refuse to get my hopes up. Focus on the center position because we don't have room to max 3 guys
Old 06-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Conley is such a long shot. Refuse to get my hopes up. Focus on the center position because we don't have room to max 3 guys
Do we need a max center, or just a center? No reason to think Conley is any tougher to get than Dwight or Whiteside -- especially since neither of those two have publicly expressed any interest in the Mavs.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-22-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:11 PM   #3
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Do we need a max center, or just a center? No reason to think Conley is any tougher to get than Dwight or Whiteside -- especially since neither of those two have publicly expressed any interest in the Mavs.
I think Conley is harder to get than Dwight, and I'm not in the Whiteside camp. I think most would be disappointed to start the season with a Ian Mahmini type. I dont trust Noah with his injuries. If it's between a max center and a max pg, for the mavs needs, I'm going max center.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:18 AM   #4
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
No reason to think Conley is any tougher to get than Dwight or Whiteside -- especially since neither of those two have publicly expressed any interest in the Mavs.
If Grizz are willing to give Conley that 5th year for 33m I think he's much more of a pipe dream than Whiteside who has no such 5th year.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
If Grizz are willing to give Conley that 5th year for 33m I think he's much more of a pipe dream than Whiteside who has no such 5th year.
The Grizz just drafted a PG at #17... Maybe that's an indication of how they think free agency will shake out, maybe it isn't. Obviously they can offer that 5th year that nobody else can, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Conley might just need a change of scenery after being with a team for so long that seems to be backsliding in recent years.

Really, all I based my last post on was the fact that the word "Dallas" has come out of Mike Conley's camp, but Whiteside and Howard have yet to name us publicly... And in the case of Howard, our FO has even said he won't be getting max here, so I think he's the longest shot of the three.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-24-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote