Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-09-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default AJ on Norm/Ticket earlier today

Heard AJ on Norm few min ago. Few tidbits from that in no particular order:

- On Nellie-Cuban imbroglio and how it impacts him with his relationships with the two: "I'm not party to that. They're both smart people, and hopefully there'll be some quick, amicable resolution it."

- On Devin Harris' development: "He's like a 3rd yr quarterback. Defenses know what his strengths are and try to take it away. He needs to learn how to read defenses better, adjust and grow his game from that... and he's doing that! He just needs to do it more consistently."

- On the newcomers: "Devean obviously had been out with intestinal virus... Cro is clearly not playing well... Buck is up & down... AJ has been playing OK. It just takes time sometimes for players to come in and adjust to a new system."

- Whether the 0-4 start is partly due to the manner in which the team lost the finals after leading 2-0 there: "I can see some similarities in how we seem to be losing in the 4th quarter of all games. We talked about it but more importantly we just need to go out there and put up a consistent 48-min effort. We need to stay positive and realize that we're just in a bad 6-day stretch. We won 60 games last year and we've been farther in playoffs than any previous Maverick team... may be that's why no one talks about the poor 30-day stretch we had last March. We did have a poor 6-day stretch during the finals, we know that... and we're having a poor 6-day stretch now. But we'll come out of it and we'll be fine."

Overall, I thought he sounded a bit concerned and confused at the current play of his team and, at the same time, a bit calm & confident as if knowing that this phase will pass and the true Maverick team will show up soon!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I was sooooo hoping Norm would have asked him if he thought Stack sucked. And if he said no, ask him where he buys his kool-aid.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I was sooooo hoping Norm would have asked him if he thought Stack sucked. And if he said no, ask him where he buys his kool-aid.
Me too... Norm's not brave enough to ask the tough questions! And the ones he does ask, he sugarcoats and sets it up real nice for an easy landing!!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

What I heard, was Avery making a lot of excuses. I don't think he know what the hell is going on with this (and I use this word loosely) "team"
Old 11-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

wish I could have heard it....anything else that might have been beneficial would be most helpful

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

someone better ask him about Stack...I hope that person is Del.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

How about bad coaching and playing Stackhouse....did they talk about that?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad I never sucked the nuts of AJ.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #9
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

If ever he has any...

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:33 AM   #10
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

stack is a great player even norm knows that