Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough
Default Dallas/Washington/Philadelphia Trade Proposal

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yfp4opo

Trade is successful:

Dallas Mavericks get: Andre Iguodala and Brendan Haywood

Washington Wizards get: Josh Howard and Drew Gooden

Philadelphia 76ers get: Caron Butler
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

That is a pretty balanced trade. But I don't think it adheres to the desires of each team.

We want talent: Check, Iggy and Haywood are just that.

Wiz was expirings: Check, Josh and Drew both come off the books this summer.

Philly wants expirings: No, they want expirings. If they wanted talent, it would work, but they don't.

Sadly, we can't do a 3 way with 1 team that wants expirings and another that wants talent because:

Mavs want talent, Philly wants expirings, Team X wants talent.

Philly gives Mavs talent, but they Mavs can't give X talent, because they can only provide expirings, which Philly wants, making Team X irrelevant in trade talks.

Now lets say Team Y wants expirings:

Philly gives Mavs talent, Mavs give Team Y expirings, Team Y gives Philly expirings. That trade just makes no sense, why would Team Y give Philly expirings in exchange for getting expirings from Dallas?

The only way they'd do it is if the expirings they were acquiring were substantially larger than the ones they had, which I'm not sure is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:18 AM   #3
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yfp4opo

Trade is successful:

Dallas Mavericks get: Andre Iguodala and Brendan Haywood

Washington Wizards get: Josh Howard and Drew Gooden

Philadelphia 76ers get: Caron Butler
lol pretty close

and looks like this board has a spam bot
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Wish we had gotten A.I. instead of C.B.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Wish we had gotten A.I. instead of C.B.
I hope you're talking about Iguodala, not Iverson (who just scored a measly 2 points in his debut for a Turkish team...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Yeah I wish we had gotten Allen Iverson instead of Chris Bosh. What other two players could I have been talking about? duh.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Yeah I wish we had gotten Allen Iverson instead of Chris Bosh. What other two players could I have been talking about? duh.
Hey, I was just using your post as an excuse to talk about Iverson's 2-point Turkish debut...

Plus:

AI = Allen Iverson
Iggy = Andre Iguodala

Demz da rulez - take it up with the King of the Interwebs if you don't like it.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-23-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote