Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold
Default Jermaine O'Neal and/or Michael Beasley in the works?

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=5359252

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...uzz/index.html
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #2
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

the 8th is so close now, is Haywood staying or going. I say...it ain't over until the fat professor sings...
Old 07-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The Mavericks have shot those reports down. The only member of the heat that I care about is Dwayne Wade.

Last edited by jayC; 07-06-2010 at 11:25 PM.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I consider O'Neal and Haywood a wash, so I'd do it just to get the upside Beasley has. But it'd have to be both of them, not one or the other. And if we don't do it, I'm not going to lose any sleep.

edit: Yes, I know, this is about the 20th post I've made giving the exact same opinion each time. If I'm running out of stuff to say, its probably a sign I should go to bed.

Last edited by tcat075; 07-06-2010 at 11:34 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I consider O'Neal and Haywood a wash, so I'd do it just to get the upside Beasley has.
What about the downside Beasley has?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #6
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Jermaine O'Neal is center he is good center.What with Haywood??He stay in Dallas??Michael Beasley is PF wy have PF.Beasly he can't play in the playoffs we don't need him!!!
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #7
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Why not just go for Beasley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #8
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Why not just go for Beasley?
Because he is PF we have the best PF in the NBA!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Because he is PF we have the best PF in the NBA!!!
So we're all down to have Najera back Dirk? Because I'm not. If it only costs us JJB/??? I say go for it. Ridding ourselves of JJ would be great for Roddy's sake, and the team's. And we'd be getting someone with huge potential and not a lot of risk.

Quote:
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #10
41mvp
Golden Member

Beasley is good player but he can't play in playoffs time.We need good changer for Dirk.Al Jefferson would be good!!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #11
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC View Post
The Mavericks have shot those reports down.
The only reason the Mavs are shooting down these reports is that they still would like to retain Haywood. They won't go public on their consideration of a S-n-T unless and until it becomes obvious that Haywood is leaving. Whether you like the trade scenario or not, I'm just glad to hear that we might get something in return if we can't hold on to Haywood.

While my first choice would be to keep the big fella, I don't think this S-n-T scenario is a bad fallback position at all, so long as it doesn't cost any more than Haywood and JJB. Sure, the Mavs would be inheriting a couple of big question marks (O'Neal's health and Beasley's head), but so long as you can get O-Neal signed to a reasonable contract, the Mavs would not be making a huge time or money commitment to either of these guys. And if Beasley could get his head screwed on right (a big if, I know), the upside is huge. Maybe Cubes could designate Ro Blackman as Beasley's full-time babysitter (they're both K-State Wildcats).
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Beasley is good player but he can't play in playoffs time.We need good changer for Dirk.Al Jefferson would be good!!

41mvp

Today, 06:39 AM
I don't know what would we have to give up to get him!!But kaman is good!!!Sike Jefferson is PF we have Nowitzki's.We need strong high guy.Jermaine O'neal is good idea!!!But Haywood for Jermaine O'neal is not good choice!!!
Last edited by 41mvp; Today at 07:15 AM
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36454

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-07-2010 at 10:29 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #13
41mvp
Golden Member

My friend SMC0007 Jefferson is better than Beasley.But I will Kamana than Jefferson!!!
Are you understand!!!
you have two options YES or NOT
Choice is your
Old 07-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My friend SMC0007 Jefferson is better than Beasley.But I will Kamana than Jefferson!!!
Are you understand!!!
you have two options YES or NOT
Choice is your
Are you still working this bit?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I'm bored. It still has some mileage.

I choose not mofo! Now what.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #16
41mvp
Golden Member

your choice is NOT!!!I rescept your choice!I try tell you if every of us commits the mistakes!!!
I will repeat once again I think Jefferson is better than Beasley but I will Kamana than Jefferson!!!
Will be ok???
Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
your choice is NOT!!!I rescept your choice!I try tell you if every of us commits the mistakes!!!
I will repeat once again I think Jefferson is better than Beasley but I will Kamana than Jefferson!!!
Will be ok???
You are certainly free to have your own opinions...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
You are certainly free to have your own opinions...
Don't encourage him...

Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #19
41mvp
Golden Member

Underdog you mast shut up!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #20
SMC0007
Guru

Fight!!!!!!!!!
Fight!!!!!!!!!
Fight!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #21
Underdog

Quote:
Underdog you mast shut up!!!
I'm gonna mast some Polish sausage up your cake hole if you don't watch out, buddy...

Are we ballin' or what?

Old 07-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #22
41mvp
Golden Member

I don't know who you are!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
I don't know who you are!
I'm Underdog.

Ask your mom about me...

Old 07-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #24
41mvp
Golden Member

I'm 41mvp
I ask your fathers.And they tell me that...

Last edited by 41mvp; 07-07-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #25
Underdog

Quote:
I'm 41mvp
I ask your fathers.And they tell me that...
They tell you what?

(and just because I call your father "daddy" while I'm plugging him, doesn't mean he's actually my father...)

Old 07-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #26
41mvp
Golden Member

you are the best...in USA
...-riddle(g..)
Old 07-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
you are the best...in USA
...-riddle(g..)
So what do you think of Jermaine O'Neal and Michael Beasley?

Old 07-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #28
41mvp
Golden Member

Jermaine O'Neal is good. Michael Beasley can't play in playoffs time.And you what do you think?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #29
Underdog

Quote:
Jermaine O'Neal is good. Michael Beasley can't play in playoffs time.And you what do you think?
I'm not a big fan of either guy, but getting JO might be a better option than letting Haywood walk for nothing.

Personally, I'd rather have your mom on this squad than Beasley - she can dunk balls while kneeling!

Old 07-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #30
41mvp
Golden Member

I agree JO might be a better option than letting Haywood walk for nothing.
I think your first father will be great in PF position and secound will be PG.And you would be
head coach.You and your fathers get NBA champions.Your first father get final MVP and you Coach of the year!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #31
Underdog

Quote:
I agree JO might be a better option than letting Haywood walk for nothing.
I think your first father will be great in PF position and secound will be PG.And you would be
head coach.You and your fathers get NBA champions.Your first father get final MVP and you Coach of the year!!!
Wow, that's pretty clever for a 12-year-old...

(imitation is the best form of flattery...)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-07-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #32
41mvp
Golden Member

you and your fathers introduce to team new style!!!You mast write to Cuban right now!!!You are new talent!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #33
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Its too bad we couldn't get this to go down. Or better yet, resign Haywood and get O'Neal as the backup 4/5. Oh well...
Old 07-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #34
41mvp
Golden Member

I think Underdog is the best coach and player of the all history NBA
Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #35
Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull is on a distinguished road

Ian Mahinmi just signed with the Mavericks. Great back up i think!
Sitting Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #36
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
Link?

Old 07-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #37
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
link or it didn't happen
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #38
Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull is on a distinguished road

no link but source is definitly a sure one. You'll see.
Sitting Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #39
Underdog

Quote:
Sitting Bull or Selling Bull?

EDIT: you aren't Stephen A. Smith by chance, are you?

Last edited by Underdog; 07-11-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #40
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt you, but I recall some guy on the DB boards giving some scoop on the upcoming Mavs videos that were coming out (Roddy eyebrows, for example). I'm not saying you're that guy, nor am I saying that knowing Maverick videos and knowing who the Mavs will sign is on the same level, but sometimes people who have sources further inside than an average fan can be a fan and post about it.

Now, after that vote of confidence, you better be right.