Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all
Default Jamal Crawford

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5504907

Quote:
Frustrated the Atlanta Hawks have not offered him a contract extension, Jamal Crawford will ask the club to trade him, according sources with knowledge of the situation.

Crawford, who is in the final year of a contract that will pay him $10 million this season, approached the Hawks the first week of July about an extension. Hawks general manager Rick Sund has not made Crawford an offer, a source with the organization told ESPN.

Crawford

The sides are scheduled to meet next week and if the Hawks do not make Crawford an offer he considers reasonable, he will ask to be traded, according to sources. Crawford is looking for a three- or four-year extension worth about the same annual amount he will make this season, sources said.

Crawford, the NBA's reigning Sixth Man of the Year, told the Hawks that if they don't want to extend his contract, they should trade him, sources said.

The Hawks offered Joe Johnson an extension last year, but Sund does not typically give extensions, preferring instead to let players complete their contracts. Crawford is expecting Sund to take that approach in their meeting, sources said.

But with a potential lockout looming and the next Collective Bargaining Agreement expected to be less favorable to the players, the 30-year-old Crawford, who averaged 18 points last season, wants security.

Crawford is the latest in a growing chorus of top players this summer to express a desire to be traded. In July, Chris Paul was looking to leave New Orleans, and more recently, Carmelo Anthony has reportedly told the Denver Nuggets that he wants out.

Some of Crawford's frustration, according to sources, is that the Hawks gave All-Star Johnson a six-year, $119 million contract, but have yet to offer Crawford anything.

Though Johnson led the team in scoring during the regular season, he struggled during the Hawks' second-round sweep at the hands of the Orlando Magic. Johnson averaged 12 points a game against the Magic; Crawford led the team with a 17-point average.
I'm not too familiar with his game, but I do know that he is exactly what the Mavs need in terms of shooting.

I am not sure what Atlanta would be looking for in return that I would be willing to give up. I kind of toyed around and came up with this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2c8rg4y

I think Bibby is on the decline and Atlanta is looking to develop their young point guards. We can give them Terry, who can fill in their point guard slot when needed, but otherwise replace Jamal Crawford. Also, Barea can be a good guard off the bench for them. They may or may not use Stevenson, but perhaps Cuban can offer to pay for his buyout which would give Atlanta some financial relief. Otherwise, I think with Terry's partially guaranteed contract next year (not sure what the stipulations are), this trade is pretty even financially. Mostly, it's just a lateral trade for Atlanta to satisfy Jamal Crawford, but Dallas really hits home in getting a player who can produce offensively, especially in terms of shooting.

Kidd/Roddy/Bibby
Crawford/Roddy/DoJo
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Thomas
Haywood/Chandler

Essentially Bibby would take Barea's minutes. Kidd overall gets less minutes. Roddy gets time at the point and at the two which was probably the original plan regardless.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I read, they'll give him an extension and they believe this will be resolved.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:13 AM   #3
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Kidd/Roddy/Bibby
Crawford/Roddy/DoJo
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Thomas/
Haywood/Chandler

Damn that's a deep team, Kidd sould only be playing 25 to 28 minutes next season then Bibby and Roddy could take the rest.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Crawford for Butler works straight-up, both are expirings of almost identical dollar value, and it would be a better player for Atlanta than the combo of junk suggested above (though don't get me wrong, I pull the trigger on that all day long if Atlanta is willing).

Crawford immediately becomes your starting 2 and can play a few minutes at PG if needed; Marion stays the starter at the 3, with Tim Thomas backing up the 3 & 4 spots. Improved shooting at the 2, with better size than any of our other alternatives right now other than Butler, who we all know isn't a 2.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Jamal Crawford it's good idea.But Butler for him.I don't know for me it's crazy idea.
Crawford and Bibby for Terry,Barea this will be great trade.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

from the offseason thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Where do i start...

Crawford like Terry are pure scorer. Beside this he delivers nothing.

Career 40.9, thats beyond horrible. Last year 44.9, the first time in 8 years he crossed the 41.6% mark. He is a taller but even less effective Jason Terry that maybe play slightly better defense than Terry (but still horrible one).

With Atlanta he found the perfect place for him, first time making the playoffs. That he gonna blow up now to squeeze out the maximum bucks for him. He is looking for 4 years 35-40 million. Even if we trade him for Terry or trash Cuban wont give him an extension before the end of the season.

So what will happen if you add such a chucker like Crawford that is in his contract year looking for his last big contract? He will play the way it helps the team most? Hell no. He will play the way he and his stats look good. Will he accept less minutes with Roddy (and maybe even Jones) showing they are ready for more minutes? Hell no, he will cry because he see his stats and $$$ floating away.

And Jason Terry is at least an important locker room guy. I dont change that to add a sore loser like Crawford for a marginal upgrade. Ah and Crawfords playoff FGA% in 11 games: 36%.

Roddy is a bigger key to success than Crawford because we need efficient scoring, guys that are able to go to the line and not getting destroyed at defense (you can even count Jones into this). Crawford is a 6-5 Terry/Barea, no thank you.

Last edited by sefant77; 08-28-2010 at 01:56 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather get Joey Crawford...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

If we're trading with the Hawks, I really want Al Horford. Otherwise they don't have a ton on the team that appeals to me unless they want to swap Josh Smith for Marion.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Jamal Crawford it's good idea.But Butler for him.I don't know for me it's crazy idea.
Crawford and Bibby for Terry,Barea this will be great trade.
I'd go straight up Terry-Crawford. Of course throw in the essential 3 million. At least we get a legit sized 2 guard, that will punish you on the offensive end.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote