Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #41
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
If by "weather the storm and hope for solid internal development", you mean, "conserve resources that don't need to be spent yet, and look to spend the team's soon-to-expire resources on guys who have a good shot at developing," then I am with you 100%.
I mean you don't blow all your resources right now, you take a look around and what might happen during the season and then pounce on an opportunity. Unless we make a very major move with the Chip and whatever else we have at our disposal, we are still in that middle tier trying to fight those monsters.

You just can't get overly reactive based on what's going on for the sake of doing them. I don't see Gortat as that, it's a decision that improves your team and fills a hole. If you end up with Kidd, Gortat, maybe Daniels and Ross on top of Dirk, Jet, Josh, and Damp...plus whatever the Chip gets you, it's a roster that can fight. Can it fight with the Lakers and Cavs, probably not. But you still have a lot of angles to use with the expiring deals you have. But I would say you have some new fresh faces to go with what you've got and chemistry can create new opportunities.

You just build the most realistic and competitive team you can for this year and keep yourself prepared for going forward.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #42
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I've decided I really want no part of Quis. I'd rather keep working on Wright. At least he cares.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #43
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I mean you don't blow all your resources right now, you take a look around and what might happen during the season and then pounce on an opportunity. Unless we make a very major move with the Chip and whatever else we have at our disposal, we are still in that middle tier trying to fight those monsters.

You just can't get overly reactive based on what's going on for the sake of doing them. I don't see Gortat as that, it's a decision that improves your team and fills a hole. If you end up with Kidd, Gortat, maybe Daniels and Ross on top of Dirk, Jet, Josh, and Damp...plus whatever the Chip gets you, it's a roster that can fight. Can it fight with the Lakers and Cavs, probably not. But you still have a lot of angles to use with the expiring deals you have. But I would say you have some new fresh faces to go with what you've got and chemistry can create new opportunities.

You just build the most realistic and competitive team you can for this year and keep yourself prepared for going forward.
I don't hate it but it's just not enough imo. That doesn't solve our outside shooting, but it probably gives Jho someone to smoke with.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #44
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I don't hate it but it's just not enough imo. That doesn't solve our outside shooting, but it probably gives Jho someone to smoke with.
Well if you're battling the Yankees and Red Sox of the world and you're the _____, you've gotta live with not hating it and settling for now.

I still believe you can find a bargain player for the LLE, whether it's Marquis or someone else.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

And then what with Stacks contract, thats should = SG/wing upgrade no?... Maybe I miss something.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #46
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

The spurs are certainly quaking in their pants now.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #47
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
And then what with Stacks contract, thats should = SG/wing upgrade no?... Maybe I miss something.
That's something that's gotta happen relatively soon, it's not exciting but you've got about a month to really use the Chip.

It can get you a wing upgrade or it could just get you something minor to tide you over...it's up to that other team on how they view the chip.

But you'll have other resources like Wright, George, Williams that can add that money up and maybe get you a better player.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's what it looks like we're doing - between Gortat and our draft picks, we have a lot of players with a lot of upside but a lot to prove... Throw in whatever we can get for Stack/LLE and I think we're done for the summer...

If you're looking at a ring in 2009, then this offseason could be seen as a failure, but if the plan is to let LA/Cleveland/Boston battle it out this year and see what we can get in 2010, then developing these guys and adding strong role players over the next season might just pay off...

Dirk's peak probably has a 2-3 year window - it might be wiser to build toward 2010 in hopes of getting a big name (or any other players shed by teams going after a big name) than it is to try to force a win this season...

I don't necessarily think looking toward 2010 is a sign of pessimism at this point...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #49
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That's what it looks like we're doing - between Gortat and our draft picks, we have a lot of players with a lot of upside but a lot to prove... Throw in whatever we can get for Stack/LLE and I think we're done for this summer...

If you're looking at a ring in 2009, then this offseason could be seen as a failure, but if the plan is to let LA/Cleveland/Boston battle it out this year and see what we can get in 2010, then developing these guys and adding strong role players over the next season might just pay off...

Dirk's peak probably has a 2-3 year window - it might be wiser to build toward 2010 in hopes of getting a big name (or any other players shed by teams going after a big name) than it is to try to force a win this season...
I know it hurts like hell for you to say that, but it's probably the route to take unless that chip gets you something massive. Either that or they have a ton of faith in a Gortat/Hollins duo to where you use the Chip AND Damp to get you a big fish. I don't think that's the stance they would take, they'll be patient on Damp.

Every year the goal is to win a ring, you just have to keep taking steps to get there. If 1-2 of those younger guys pan out (which I think will), then you've set yourself up well. The goal is definitely to be right there in 2010, we just have to see if it happens.

You just keep climbing up, it doesn't have to be big chunks at a time, you just can't slide down. We already knew the Lakers, Cavs, Boston and Spurs would all be at the top...can we not slip from where we were last season and keep going up?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-03-2009 at 01:31 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #50
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Either that or they have a ton of faith in a Gortat/Hollins duo to where you use the Chip AND Damp to get you a big fish. I don't think that's the stance they would take, they'll be patient on Damp.
If the Mavs FO has enough faith in Gortat/Hollins to carry the 5, then I'd LOVE to get their dealer's number!

If we trade Damp, then we somehow need to net a swingman AND a center...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #51
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
If the Mavs FO has enough faith in Gortat/Hollins to carry the 5, then I'd LOVE to get their dealer's number!

If we trade Damp, then we somehow need to net a swingman AND a center...
I think the chip and some expiring deals could get you a decent player for the wing.
Damp will have to net you a C/PF guy probably at the deadline or in the summer.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-03-2009 at 01:45 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #52
Underdog

Quote:
I think the chip and some expiring deals could get you a decent player for the wing.
Damp will have to net you a C/PF guy probably at the deadline or in the summer.
I was thinking more along the lines of trading Damp/Stack/George/Carroll/whatever (Howard or JET?) for a swingman and a center THIS summer...

Anyone still hard-up to dump salary? Do they have a combination of players we desire? Can we get a 3-way going with another team (or fanboy favorite, Megan Fox)?

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #53
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he replaces Gerald Green as the 10th man. The trade off is that Ross has a skill that the coach values. Say we're playing Denver and JR Smith is going off. There's no way in hell Carlisle looks down the bench and thinks "maybe Gerald Green can cool him off". Ross gives him a long rangy guy that's still in the league because he can defend.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #54
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I know it hurts like hell for you to say that, but it's probably the route to take unless that chip gets you something massive. Either that or they have a ton of faith in a Gortat/Hollins duo to where you use the Chip AND Damp to get you a big fish. I don't think that's the stance they would take, they'll be patient on Damp.

Every year the goal is to win a ring, you just have to keep taking steps to get there. If 1-2 of those younger guys pan out (which I think will), then you've set yourself up well. The goal is definitely to be right there in 2010, we just have to see if it happens.

You just keep climbing up, it doesn't have to be big chunks at a time, you just can't slide down. We already knew the Lakers, Cavs, Boston and Spurs would all be at the top...can we not slip from where we were last season and keep going up?
While I can't imagine they have a ton of faith in Gortat/Hollins. It's just really hard for me to see us with a big fish shasher/shooter wing player, and saying man see we could have won it all if only we still had Damp. Unless Gtat and Hollins can't rebound.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #55
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of trading Damp/Stack/George/Carroll/whatever (Howard or JET?) for a swingman and a center THIS summer...

Anyone still hard-up to dump salary? Do they have a combination of players we desire? Can we get a 3-way going with another team (or fanboy favorite, Megan Fox)?
Sorry I got caught up on the Megan Fox aspect of the deal.

Hmm...I still don't buy the idea that Detroit would follow through with it, but you can talk to them about maybe Rip and the big dud, Kwame. Rip would be a good fit here, but I've said I don't think Detroit values Damp as a big enough upgrade to justify trading Rip for him.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #56
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
While I can't imagine they have a ton of faith in Gortat/Hollins. It's just really hard for me to see us with a big fish shasher/shooter wing player, and saying man see we could have won it all if only we still had Damp. Unless Gtat and Hollins can't rebound.
Hollins can't. And honestly the fact that Larry Brown traded him is as good an indication as any that he's not a good low post defender. If there's one thing that'll have Larry Brown's pants flying around the arena it's a defensive center.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #57
Underdog

Quote:
Hmm...I still don't buy the idea that Detroit would follow through with it, but you can talk to them about maybe Rip and the big dud, Kwame. Rip would be a good fit here, but I've said I don't think Detroit values Damp as a big enough upgrade to justify trading Rip for him.
Agreed, nor would Kwame Brown be any better than what we'd already have in Gortat/Hollins (though I'd love to find a way to get Rip here!)

Old 07-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

right now we have
----------------------
Stack 7.25million expiring w/ a 2million buyout
Damp 10.1million basically expiring since he hasnt met the contract objectives to guarantee 10/11. What the buyout would be (if any) I dont know
Wright 2.1million expiring
George 1.6million expiring
Howard 11million possibly expiring (team option)
Bass as a BYC SnT
Kidd as an unrestricted SnT
One first round pick and (two?) Second round pick(s) in 2010

Thats a lot of trade assets right there.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #59
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I think he replaces Gerald Green as the 10th man. The trade off is that Ross has a skill that the coach values. Say we're playing Denver and JR Smith is going off. There's no way in hell Carlisle looks down the bench and thinks "maybe Gerald Green can cool him off". Ross gives him a long rangy guy that's still in the league because he can defend.
So we're swapping an offensive role player for a defensive one...

I'd still like it better if our best option for defense at the 2 was a starter - you can't go 10-deep in the playoffs...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #60
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
right now we have
----------------------
Stack 7.25million expiring w/ a 2million buyout
Damp 10.1million basically expiring since he hasnt met the contract objectives to guarantee 10/11. What the buyout would be (if any) I dont know
Wright 2.1million expiring
George 1.6million expiring
Howard 11million possibly expiring (team option)
Bass as a BYC SnT
Kidd as an unrestricted SnT
One first round pick and (two?) Second round pick(s) in 2010

Thats a lot of trade assets right there.
Where did we the first round pick? I thought our 2010 pick was involved in the Kidd trade. Unless we got one from someone else.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #61
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have a first round pick in 2010.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #62
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

I believe we only have the 2nd round pick from OKC.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #63
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyB#3 View Post
I believe we only have the 2nd round pick from OKC.
That sounds about right - didn't we end up trading one of our 2nd-rounders for the Nivins pick?

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #64
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad signing. I remember liking him a few years ago. No biggie. Sounds like a Stackhouse or Carroll replacement.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #65
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

2006 was our year... what a damn shame this all is.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #66
RoddyB#3

Quote:
That sounds about right - didn't we end up trading one of our 2nd-rounders for the Nivins pick?
We traded the 2010 2nd round pick we got from Portland for Nick Calethes(I may be spelling this wrong)
Old 07-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #67
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

My bad on the first rounder. I read somewhere that we still had a non-lottery first round pick but that may have been incorrect or didnt account for other moves.

As far as seconds, we didnt trade our 2010 second rounder did we? That would leave us with our 2nd as well as Portlands.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #68
RoddyB#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
My bad on the first rounder. I read somewhere that we still had a non-lottery first round pick but that may have been incorrect or didnt account for other moves.

As far as seconds, we didnt trade our 2010 second rounder did we? That would leave us with our 2nd as well as Portlands.
I'm trying to find out where we sent it, but I believe our normal 2nd round pick is going to someone else. We traded the 2nd round we got from Portland for 2010 to the T'Wolves for Nick along with cash. I believe all we have next year is the OKC 2nd round pick.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #69
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Indy has our second round pick next year from the Shawn Wiliams trade.

I found the info on the trade. We sent the 2009 second rounder and EITHER the 2010 or 2011 second rounder (our decision on which).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-03-2009 at 03:11 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #70
peruna11

peruna11 is on a distinguished road

here's a highlight video that someone made of him on youtube... gotta love the play at 3:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag3vqwK2a4c
peruna11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #71
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peruna11 View Post
here's a highlight video that someone made of him on youtube... gotta love the play at 3:03

man who is that guy? he looks like he scores 20 points per game.. we should go after him!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #72
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe RC realized Ross can at least make an intentional foul better than Wright. Could be a good pick up, heard hes a defensive juggernaut.. Him, Gortat and Beaubois alone is what RC is envisioning, offense is easy, with need defensive stops.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #73
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Guys I was joking about the BAE v. LLE thing. I just don't think the Mavs would sign Ross for the vet min when they haven't even used up their larger exception yet. And why would Ross sign for the lower exception when the Mavs still have the larger exception just sitting there unused? Get ready to be disappointed.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #74
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4 View Post
Guys I was joking about the BAE v. LLE thing. I just don't think the Mavs would sign Ross for the vet min when they haven't even used up their larger exception yet. And why would Ross sign for the lower exception when the Mavs still have the larger exception just sitting there unused? Get ready to be disappointed.
I have no idea what you're thinking, or why you're thinking it. In an NBA offseason in which Artest and Ariza both sign for the MLE, Ross is extraordinarily unlikely to get an offer for more than the vet minimum from any team.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #75
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
This is why I think the Mavs went after him to stop that from happening again...Wright, Green, J.J. can't guard Smith so hopefully Ross can.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #76
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
The spurs are certainly quaking in their pants now.
in their pants? Is that an expression?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #77
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I like Ross. Liked him when he and Singleton were with Clip show. He's a solid bench guy that can play an nice backup role and probably start a handful of games if we have an injury or 2.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:24 AM   #78
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by peruna11 View Post

Here is another mixtape made by the same guy. This time, it's Matt Carroll. Just proves to show that sometimes, mixtapes are just not worth anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpiRwc7zSOA

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:26 AM   #79
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I wonder what the Wade happened to NashtyMavsFan? Anyone? We should get him back, offer him the LLE or something

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:52 AM   #80
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't everybody happy we made the trade for Kidd? I know I'm much happier sitting here hoping we can re-sign our 36 year old future hall of famer than I would be going into next season with a 26 year old 20 point scorer. Let's go 2010 Mavs! If we play really really well, we might even manage to cling on to the eight seed!!

(I apologize, everyone. I really do. I know nobody wants to hear me rant about this again. I just can't help it.)
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boom goes the dynamite, we win super balls now?